1.    #1  
    Hi,

So I want my touchpad to auto power on (and autologin if possible) when charging, and auto power off immediately when charging (usb cable/touchstone) is not available/disconnected.

I can do this with my Android tablets (Nook Color and Galaxy Tab) via tasker app. For those who don't know about tasker:

Tasker is an application for Android which performs Tasks (sets of Actions) based on Contexts (application, time, date, location, event, gesture) in user-defined Profiles, or in clickable or timer home screen widgets.
    This simple concept profoundly extends your control of your Android device and it's capabilities, without the need for 'root' or a special home screen.

Tasker came 3rd in the Productivity category in the Android Developer Challenge 2.
    What you can do:

start the day with a particular application showing

change all your home icons and wallpaper every day, or in particular locations

turn the phone upside down to return to the home screen, tilt 90 degrees to the left and back to toggle speakerphone during a call

show a menu of tasks to choose

send an emergency SMS with your GPS location

remap camera etc buttons to other applications, or show a menu of applications and/or actions

decrypt/encrypt and/or zip/unzip application data on the fly when an application is launched/exits

pause music playback while in a particular application, restart on exit

change the Home icon for any application

take a time-lapse photo series (possibly 'secretly')

extend the use of the media button on your headset: take a picture from a distance or go to the previous media track with a long press

record call times and destinations to the SD card

show a popup when an SMS arrives from a particular phone number

setup a birthday SMS to be sent months before it happens so you don't forget

record battery levels over time to a file on SD card

make automatic recordings of what you say during phone calls to SD card

during the night, turn on airplane mode to conserve battery/reduce radiation, but turn it off every 15 minutes to check for SMS/voicemail.

launch a music application when headphones are connected

Of course at first I'd like to be able to just turn on/off the Touchpad immediately. Unlimited screen on when charging then immediate screen off when not charging.

It would also be cool to toggle play/pause when start charging/screen on and off.

What do you guys think? any preware app or could do any of that?

Thanks.

Ripp.
    That might be possible via preware, as is a regular app does not have the ability to lock, unlock, or power the device off. *It -may- be possible to use the Alarm service to power the device -on- at a specific time, but I haven't really studied how that works particularly. *I just skimmed a lot of that message, but it does look like many of it's other features might be possible,though.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    That might be possible via preware, as is a regular app does not have the ability to lock, unlock, or power the device off. *It -may- be possible to use the Alarm service to power the device -on- at a specific time, but I haven't really studied how that works particularly. *I just skimmed a lot of that message, but it does look like many of it's other features might be possible,though.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Thanks. I thought something like that was available already (basic on/off) but alas, can't wait.
    there is a mojo app called mode switcher never tried it on the TP but you might want to look into it.