Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have not found a good weather app for touchpad. Accuweather is short on info and rardar loads about 1 out of 10 tries.

I view landscape on my touchpad so other webOS phone weather apps are the wrong orientation.
    Weather dashboard maybe? That is the one I have. I like it in exhibition.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I agree about Accuweather's radar. I have to pjnch-zoom to get the background map to appear, and there's no indication of precipitation probability anywhere.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Weather dashboard maybe? That is the one I have. I like it in exhibition.

Is there a way to stop weather dashboard, other than deleting it? When I swipe it away, it just come back.
    AccuWeather is the best looking weather app, but, yes, is very buggy.

Weather Dashboard is nice, although I wished it had a little bit more information (especially extended forecast).

WeatherBug is okay. I wished you could disable the webcam view. I live in a very suburban part of Denver, and the closest webcam according to WeatherBug is about 55 miles away (and 2,000 feet higher in elevation).
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Is there a way to stop weather dashboard, other than deleting it? When I swipe it away, it just come back.
    You have to go to the preferences and set Active to NO. Kind of annoying, I agree. Seems to me you should be able to swipe it away to deactivate it.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

I found the accuweather people to be very responsive to my bug reports although there hasn't been anupdate *made yet. *Maybe if a lot of people reported them directly we could get sometjing to hsppen there

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I wish we could get Radarscope. I email them about doing a port to webos and they responded that they already had their hands full but wouldn't rule out the possibility completely. Basically a polite brush off lol.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I found the accuweather people to be very responsive to my bug reports although there hasn't been anupdate *made yet. *Maybe if a lot of people reported them directly we could get sometjing to hsppen there

I sent a report about my issues and their response was simply that they couldn't reproduce my issues and to uninstall then reinstall the app.
    I submitted a bug to AccuWeather via the HP App Catalog and got no response.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    the weather network .com

more accurate than yahoo-based apps imo.
    I'm pretty disappointed with both accuweather radar performance and weatherbug is clunky. I actually tried the non-touchpad weatherchannel app and the radar snaps up very nicely. Wish they'd release a weatherchannel for the touchpad. I was playing with weatherchannel on my wife's ipad and it really sets the standard for quick displays and interface - touch the button and its there.

Hopefully we'll see an accuweather update at some point. The web browser is unfortunately the best place for weather on the touchpad today.

Peter
    So far, weather.com in the browser gives me the overall best and most complete info and maps. The apps are OK if all you want is temps and vague forecasts (IMO).
    I use wunderground.com. Set your location and then click the Full-Screen option at the very top of the page. After setting your location again, you end up with a nice-looking weather map with current conditions along with forecast. Satellite and Radar images can be displayed, also. Finally, add the page to your Launcher. 1-click weather goodness.
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I use wunderground.com. Set your location and then click the Full-Screen option at the very top of the page. After setting your location again, you end up with a nice-looking weather map with current conditions along with forecast. Satellite and Radar images can be displayed, also. Finally, add the page to your Launcher. 1-click weather goodness.
    Thanks for that tip semprini, I am somehow screwing it up though. I follow your steps, add to the launcher etc. But when i click it, i get an error message "here be dragons" and then when that's closed, the full screen map loads, but not with my location. It appears to be guessing where I am, as it's selected a nearby location.
    Last edited by cornishrefugee; 09/27/2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Edited to remove typo
    Quote Originally Posted by cornishrefugee View Post
    Thanks for that tip semprini, I am somehow screwing it up though. I follow your steps, add to the launcher etc. But when i click it, i get an error message "here be dragons" and then when that's closed, the full screen map loads, but not with my location. It appears to be guessing where I am, as it's selected a nearby location.
    I had the same issue. I overcame it by copying the "short link" and creating a launcher page with that link. For some reason the longer link errors out.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    I had the same issue. I overcame it by copying the "short link" and creating a launcher page with that link. For some reason the longer link errors out.
    Thanks 9KRacing, I tried that, and still get the error. Very weird. Appreciate your help though
    Try going to it in your PC's browser. Then copy the short link and send it to your email. Copy the link when you get it, and then make a new launcher page and paste in the short link. That's the only way it worked for me. And it's painfully slow, even with a good wifi signal. But, it looks really good.
    A WunderMap or Weatherunderground app would be nice

Weather API : Weather Underground
    Anyone have advice as to how to create a launcher shortcut using the weather underground short link?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast