Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Thanks for sharing these and giving us a quick walk through to create our own. Looks great having an actual icon.

How familar with IPK's are you, theres another thread were people are talking about packing flash games into stand alone apps. I have no idea if this is a simialr process so sorry if it's not the same at all.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzylemon View Post
    Did anyone else get UK ebay when installing the us one?
    Fixed and updated in the folder.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTI523 View Post
    hey man anyway we could get a yahoo or CBS fantasy football app thx
    Fantasy Football is up at:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3181627
    This is awesome information. I tried this myself yesterday following the instructions and with my limited IT ability I created apps for IMDb, BankWest, eBay (Australia), nearmap and google maps. I'll see if I can upload these somehow.

OK, I think I figured it out:

https://www.box.net/shared/46bug95hnc0lcpd2exeo
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefinger View Post
    This is awesome! Can I request Marvel Digital Comics (marvel.com/digital_comics) and Ravelry (ravelry.com)?

If you want, you might want to do one for the free comics from Marvel too, for people without subscriptions (marvel.com/digital_comics/list?isFree=1)
    Whitefinger,

The Shortcut Apps will not navigate download file links or links that open other cards/windows. They work with sites that have one card/window navigation. If I get enough request for the specfic functionality I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile a browser shortcut will have to do.

Twack
    Last edited by twack; 09/28/2011 at 09:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pgmooney View Post
    This is awesome information. I tried this myself yesterday following the instructions and with my limited IT ability I created apps for IMDb, BankWest, eBay (Australia), nearmap and google maps. I'll see if I can upload these somehow.

OK, I think I figured it out:

https://www.box.net/shared/46bug95hnc0lcpd2exeo
    pgmooney,

I tried your nearmap shortcut app and I only get a white background. I had this happen when I got the case (upper or lower) wrong on file names or variables. I had uppercase inside a file and lowercase for the actual name. Remember, webOS is Linux underneath and file names are case sensitive. Check the filename/variables again.

Also box.net does not retain file names when you download to a touchpad. The file gets some wacky (pun intended) number without the "ipk" suffix. That is why I changed to skydrive.

Just as a sidenote. When I had the problem, the app would run in Webkitted Chrome on Windows 7, but not in the emulator or TP. (It's always the little things)
    Hi Twack

I've re-done it from scratch and it works on my TP. I've uploaded the latest version to Box.net again.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pgmooney View Post
    Hi Twack

I've re-done it from scratch and it works on my TP. I've uploaded the latest version to Box.net again.
    Was it a dreaded typo?
    I don't know. I started from scratch again, so possibly. I'm no techo, but I can follow instructions and sus things out in most cases. Thanks to your instructions, I can now create these mini apps!
    Made one for the FB chat (Log In | Facebook) since there isn't any app for it :P

My websites down and the attachments on here don't support .ipk so I put it into a simple .zip :P
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    Made one for the FB chat (Log In | Facebook) since there isn't any app for it :P

My websites down and the attachments on here don't support .ipk so I put it into a simple .zip :P
    Cool! One for the wife << Facebook Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Whitefinger,

The Shortcut Apps will not navigate download file links or links that open other cards/windows. They work with sites that one card/window navigation. If I get enough request for the specfic functionality I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile a browser shortcut will have to do.

Twack
    No worries. Thanks!
    I'll be making an Amazon Cloud Player one tonight after work. Any other "apps" we can think of?

edit: Twack, any luck on getting the pages to render correctly?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    I'll be making an Amazon Cloud Player one tonight after work. Any other "apps" we can think of?

edit: Twack, any luck on getting the pages to render correctly?
    I found that it happens on sites that are optimized or set to 800px width. Upon rendering on the TP, it scales everything to fit. This basically over rides the style sheets from the site. By setting the webview width to 800px, the site renders better but is now not full-screen and is slammed to the left.

Reasearching the API to see what I can do.......
    Awesome. Thanks again for your time and effort.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Here's the Amazon Cloud Drive. Once you sign in once, it should just open right up from then on.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Ahh, so is that why in g+ app, you cannot click any links people posted? Is there a way around this? Or am I just doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Whitefinger,

The Shortcut Apps will not navigate download file links or links that open other cards/windows. They work with sites that have one card/window navigation. If I get enough request for the specfic functionality I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile a browser shortcut will have to do.

Twack
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Anyway to do one for Amazon Prime Instant Videos?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Here's the Amazon Cloud Drive. Once you sign in once, it should just open right up from then on.
    Site renders good. Its sweet having these shortcuts on the Launcher. I do not like the way webOS implemented bookmarks/shortcuts.
    Agreed. We need to figure out how to enable dynamic links though. Not being able to click links is a buzzkill. Perhaps a way to enable even advanced browser to open them?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast