Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post

There are plenty of app wish lists out there. We should do a thread where we point out some things we DO have apps for. Although I do fear that the list would run out quickly.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Isn't that list apparent in the catalogs?

And after three years of having an iPhone (3 & 4) and iPad 1 gathering apps, the only thing that I can not currently do on my TP or Pre3 is VOIP and Dragon Dictate. And I've only had it a month and the platform is only a month older than that.
    Sure it is, but not everyone goes through the entire catalog with a fine toothed comb, like some of us do. *There are also plenty of things out there, that we might find useful, but would never actually think to go and look for. *I think most people hit the app catalog to find something, not to browse.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Sure it is, but not everyone goes through the entire catalog with a fine toothed comb, like some of us do. *There are also plenty of things out there, that we might find useful, but would never actually think to go and look for. *I think most people hit the app catalog to find something, not to browse.

You're making it sound as if being a webOS geek is odd. I'm sure that plenty of us find stalking eBay, App Catalogs and PreCentral forums quite normal.....

Do I hear a "webOS OOORAHH!
    LOL
    Like, somewhere or other, there's an app that will use a Bluetooth car diagnostic scanner. *Until I found mention of that on some completely unrelated site, I had no idea that (a) there was any such app or (b) there was even any such thing as a Bluetooth diag scanner.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by zunairryk View Post
    read the posts above
    Im aware of the instructions twack posted, I read them. Why make everyone go through all these steps instead of just posting them himself?
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/26/2011 at 12:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    Im aware of the instructions twack posted, I read them. Why make everyone go through all these steps instead of just posting them himself?
    This is done so people can make their own to match their taste and preferences. This makes your TP totally customizable to your liking. If you want those apps in particular just PM twack and I'm sure he would send them. Don't dis him for being so helpful.
    great work! if you have more to share, please do!
    Would love to get the Google +, Google Music, and Pandora ones pre-packaged if you don't mind.
    +1 for imdb, ebay (uk) and iplayer, 40d etc, any chance twack? and good work figuring out the old icon thingy, i have lots of shortcuts saved but they look like crap..LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_exec View Post
    You can pull up whatever icon you want to use in the web browser, hit "add to launcher", and then just change the title and address to whatever website you want it to be when it prompts you.
    Here's a PreCentral tip that gives step by step instructions. You should be able to get nice looking icons for web bookmarks using this method. I've used it on my Pre2 but haven't yet tried it on my TP.

http://www.precentral.net/making-you...icon-look-good
    Last edited by monkeydog; 09/26/2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added the link... duh!
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Got an error when I tried to install this via Internalz Pro. Any idea what I did wrong. I downloaded the file, opened Internalz, clicked the link and received an error.

Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Here is the "CNN Money for Tablet" IPK file all ready to go and install if you have preware + Internalz Pro, or your intall method of choice.

https://www.box.net/shared/56vhb0ro25k2qhq8eqgb
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    Got an error when I tried to install this via Internalz Pro. Any idea what I did wrong. I downloaded the file, opened Internalz, clicked the link and received an error.
    Anyone else see a problem when installing?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Would love to get the Google +, Google Music, and Pandora ones pre-packaged if you don't mind
    When I get some time this evening, I'll box them up and post. Did you successfully install the CNN Money for Tablet shortcut app? There is one case that Someone had the install fail. Just want to make sure that it is working OK.

Twack
    Last edited by twack; 09/26/2011 at 02:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rick1963 View Post
    +1 for imdb, ebay (uk) and iplayer, 40d etc, any chance twack? and good work figuring out the old icon thingy, i have lots of shortcuts saved but they look like crap..LOL
    No prob....

I should put my son to work on this. He is currently a Computer Sci Sophomore in college. Do you think that people would request custom shortcuts for donations? I bought him a TP for his birthday. Maybe he can make enough to pay some rent..... LOL, I wish
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    When I get some time this evening, I'll box them up and post. Did you successfully install the CNN Money for Tablet shortcut app? There is one case that Someone had the install fail. Just want to make sure that it is working OK.

Twack
    Yep, I installed it just to make sure it worked. DL'd .ipk, dragged to dropbox, used Gemini to pull it off dropbox, opened internalz and clicked open, preware popped up and installed it just fine. Not sure why it didn't work for someone else.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    My install via Internalz Pro also failed. I renamed the file and added the .ipk file extension and then it worked without issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Here's a PreCentral tip that gives step by step instructions. You should be able to get nice looking icons for web bookmarks using this method. I've used it on my Pre2 but haven't yet tried it on my TP.

Making your web bookmark / launcher icon look good | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    Doesnt work on Touchpad. You dont get the option to resize or move the image like it shows there. You can only rename it and change the link address.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    So if I sat my son down to make custom shortcuts with decent icons should I put a "donate" button in the thread? At 18 units and a little work from Trader Joe's, he needs some donations. Actually he would be re-donating to me for rent. LOL

Give me your "wish list" here and I'll post a few of the originals tonight.
    That would be great!! Looking at your first post my wish list would include:

PreCentral
    Bank of America
    Pandora 5

Not in your first post:

IMDb (Mobile version)
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Please read http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3179511 first

Then follow this link to download:
    http://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?....Notifications

2011 09 26:
    Grooveshark
    Google Maps
    Google Music
    Google News
    Google Plus
    CNN Money for Tablet
    Bank of America
    Pandora 5
    IMDB
    eBay UK
    4od (UK TV Channel)
    eBay (is the US site)

2011 09 27:
    Wells Fargo

Please let me know if you want to donate via PM
    Last edited by twack; 09/27/2011 at 08:55 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast