Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Anyway, sorry if this has already been posted out... I've noticed that most of us who updated the Kindle app have been getting that damn whitescreen issue. Probably safe to assume its directly linked to the update?

So I was wondering, has a workaround or fix been established yet? While the backlit display is no competition for e-ink reading pleasure, it was still handy to have the Kindle app available to use on the occasions when I didn't want to pull out the real deal Kindle itself.

I got so frustrated with the app I simply stopped using it. However in the last few days I got the notion to deregister the app, remove and reinstall, the try turning off the animated page turns. Since then (knock on wood) I haven't had another whitescreen.

Anyone else having a similar experience?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    not sure about this whitescreen thing, but my experience was that i could not go back to the library when i was looking at a book. when i opened a book, there were some symbols at the top (and i think) bottom of the screen, but they disappear after .5 seconds... and touching the screen just advances the page. ugh. needless to say i think the program still needs a little work.

edit: hm. well i just tested it out..my problem went away too.
    Last edited by illli; 09/24/2011 at 04:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Hmm. The problem I got was the app would just stop working, the screen would go blank except you could still 'mark' the top right corner page by folding the corner down. Other than that, nada. Would have to swipe the app away and restart it, but after maybe one or two page turns it would do the whitescreen thing again.*

Like I said, it seems to have gone now after doing what I did in the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    not sure about this whitescreen thing, but my experience was that i could not go back to the library when i was looking at a book. when i opened a book, there were some symbols at the top (and i think) bottom of the screen, but they disappear after .5 seconds... and touching the screen just advances the page. ugh. needless to say i think the program still needs a little work.

edit: hm. well i just tested it out..my problem went away too.
    just touch in the center between the pages
    The issue I get is that if I change orientation I get a white screen. Changing orientation back cures it, and I can switch orientation successfully by swiping back to the card, changing between portrait and landscape, and then going back in full screen.

Is this a different issue to the one you're getting?

Spyke
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Nope, I think that behaviour is different. I would just open up my book, say in landscape ie 2 pages per screen, I would turn maybe one or two pages, and the whitescreen would happen. Going back to card view, or attempt to change orientation would achieve nothing. Eventually, say after 5 min, I would just close the app. It happened so frequently I just stopped using the app altogether.

A few days ago I took the steps outlined in my first post, and I haven't seen it occur since *fingers crossed I don't jinx it*.*

Oh well, maybe it was my imagination and it was just me... Thanks anyway.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpaul View Post
    Nope, I think that behaviour is different.
    Oh, OK. Cross fingers here, then. I've not had that yet.

Spyke
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Make sure that you do not have any other cards/apps open at the same time as the kindle app. Kindle has some issues, but works fine for me as long as it is the only open app.