1.    #1  
    now that mapping tool pro has been upgraded for the touchpad, is anyone using this with an external bluetooth gps receiver? And if so which models are pairing well with the touchpad?
    I just paired it with a Gstat BT359. Initially the TP wouldn't pair with the GPS. But when I opened the app, it finally paired and seems to be working.
    Quote Originally Posted by sknexus View Post
    I just paired it with a Gstat BT359. Initially the TP wouldn't pair with the GPS. But when I opened the app, it finally paired and seems to be working.
    Thanks for the info. Amazon has that for about $49 shipping, might be able to find a better deal, looking.
    Touchpad paired with an LD-3W and working fine with Map Tool Pro. I just need a comprehensive user guide to learn how to youse Map Tool Pro.
    I decide to buy it and my bt gps didn't work with other map programs on the touchpad. I am using a BT receiver from GlobalSat (BT-338). After installing this program in linked up right away and seems to work well. I would love to be able to get an aviation map to load on the Touchpad to work with this.
    I have an old BT GPS R74 (works with everything and has for years) I can get it to talk to the TP, be stored as a BT device. However, when this old GPS is loaded onto a PPC or PC it looks for a serial port. So I'm thinking there needs to be a serial (com) port assigned to the BT GPS. Could be wrong...

So is there a homebrew app that can exploit this? Interested to know
    GlobalSat's Keychain GPS 2000 works fine.
    Have Teleprovodnik 'Keychain' GPS2000.
    Pairs with TP just fine too.
    - No 'Maptool Pro' installed yet though.
    (Awaiting 'Navit' App. external GPS recognition/connection option).

having it paired and working with my good ol' Keomo gps receiver on Pre 2 using mapping tool pro (no TP avail. sorry).
    The TomTom MKii bluetooth receiver (ebay for about $12 shipped) works really well with mapping tool pro on touchpad. I am impressed by the distance they can pair together before losing connection. The build of this receiver looks very solid.
    Ebay seller has 6 left at $6.99 each, free shipping.

New TomTom MKII Bluetooth Wireless GPS Receiver | eBay
    I got tomtom wireless bluetooth gps receiver to pair HP Touchpad having ver 3.0.5. I installed Map tool pro which is paid. After pairing device, start the Map tool pro and give the tomtom device path. I found device follow you while travelling but it is very different from real GPS in terms of routing and search the real time navigation. I am able to download the map but it is not very useful if device doesn't suggest you where you should take turn. Let me know if somebody has the information to make it more useful instead of just playing.
    Have fun
    would GPS Bluetooth receivers work with ndrive on touchpad?.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_D View Post
    would GPS Bluetooth receivers work with ndrive on touchpad?.
    not currently.
    I just started learning about this, and have a couple of questions. I bought a TomTom MKii bluetooth receiver on eBay, and charged it up.

Question 1, for anyone who has the same model TomTom -- I downloaded the manual (such as it is), and it says that the green light will flash continuously once it has a signal. Mine does not flash, it glows steady green. I was wondering if something is wrong. (That's my question!)

It did pair nicely with the TP, and shows up on Maptool pro, so I must be doing something right. I haven't had a chance yet to take it out of the house, or to play around with it very much at all. I'd like to load it with maps for an upcoming vacation, but first I guess I should try a dry run somewhere near home.

Question 2 -- I gather from reading various threads here that the gps works with this app specifically because the app is programmed to receive bluetooth gps, and that other apps for WebOS don't necessarily have this capability. Except that Navit does? That's what this post says. What I really want is simple, turn-by-turn navigation on my nice, big TP screen, with an interface as intuitive (or nearly so) as a commercial gps (but I don't want to lug an extra device around on vacation). Does that exist for the TP?

Question 3 -- Would I get closer to what I'm looking for if I just booted into CM9 and downloaded one of the Android apps?

Sorry if these are newbie questions, but if the shoe fits, I'll wear it!

Thanks in advance for any info/advice you can pass along.
    Can anyone advise what type/size charging port the Tomtom MKII has? Reviews sound like the normal chargers (car & wall) are sort of flimsy. Several cheap units on ebay without chargers, & if I've got a charger or adapter that will fit already, see no need to add others to the pile.

Later: For those interested, it seems a PSP charger will fit the MKII.
    Last edited by Cathammer; 06/24/2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: add'l info
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathammer View Post
    Can anyone advise what type/size charging port the Tomtom MKII has? Reviews sound like the normal chargers (car & wall) are sort of flimsy. Several cheap units on ebay without chargers, & if I've got a charger or adapter that will fit already, see no need to add others to the pile.

Later: For those interested, it seems a PSP charger will fit the MKII.
    The needed connector is a 4mm outer diameter DC-type accepting a ~1.5mm center pin (which is the positive terminal). An Ipaq charger will also work... ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Fool View Post
    Question 1, for anyone who has the same model TomTom -- I downloaded the manual (such as it is), and it says that the green light will flash continuously once it has a signal. Mine does not flash, it glows steady green. I was wondering if something is wrong.
    Not much help from here I'm afraid. But I see similar behaviour: I have picked up a unit that also pairs fine (with Win7) but never blinks - and thus never outputs position (Franson GpsGate reports: "GPS data but no connection"). I'm uncertain whether I'm dealing with a faulty unit or it needs some special "TomTom initialization"... In any case it's definitely useless as it is! :-(