1.    #1  
    Music player on the TouchPad is a complete downgrade from the phone version.

I can't play anything double-byte characters (specifically Chinese) in the ID3 tag, it just messes up the indexing, the Music Player file count starts randomly jumping and generate a bunch of **** errors on the partition. And you're telling me the TouchPad was sold in Hong Kong???

Come on, even the phone version of the player worked better. At least it didn't support Chinese in the filenames, the tags were read just fine and plays the files fine.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  2.    #2  
    OK so I fixed it, turns out I missed one file and it still had Chinese in the filename. However now I have another problem. Seems that it won't play any file beyond song 700. Tapping on any file after 700 it just randomly jumps me to an earlier file. And it seems like it's not the files, since I can reorder them and they will play. Only does this if I list all songs and play song 701.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    It a problem I have heard a number of people complain about. Your only option is to go with either Remix or Audiophile. Both should work for you.