Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    If HP hands out 4 to 6 free apps per week, will I end up
    with 200 to 300 free apps? (assuming I get lucky most
    of the time and cash in the free promo codes quickly)
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Well 52X4 = 208. so bare minimum to get that many is a year. that is not taking into consideration that you dont know if some weeks they duplicate the same ones they gave out previously.

but lets say you do get every one every time. why would you get all of them if you have no use for some and/or dont plan on ever using it. being that its a limited amount it would be nice to pass on something you dont need for someone who might.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    would you get all of them if you have no use for some and/or dont plan on ever using it. being that its a limited amount it would be nice to pass on something you dont need for someone who might.
    I would like to see more trial/demo versions of 'paid for apps'...I've gotten a few of these promo apps thinking they would be of use to me but they really don't add much in to the way I use the touchpad and could be better used by someone else...
    I'd love to see more new apps so we don't run out for Promo codes
    Touchpaddle and Trlsmn like this.
    Only if you're a person that will download anything because it's free. Many apps are still not worth the time.
    u dont need 200 apps...u just need 10-20 good apps that u use and need and thats it
    dianaml likes this.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    do you download everything in the app catalog because it's free?
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    do you download everything in the app catalog because it's free?
    You can't imagine how many people downloads apps just because they're free.
    Newness Developments apps:

wilsonlam97 likes this.
    if it's free i will download it and check it out if i like it or need it then i keep it if not delete/!... I haven't gotten any promo codes from hp so i don't feel bad
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    You can't imagine how many people downloads apps just because they're free.
    Because these free promo codes run out so quickly, I have been conditioned to
    get them as soon as possible, even before I read the title of the app.

The first time I got the email with those free promo codes from HP, I used one
    and the code worked fine. On the second app, I stopped to read the description
    and two minutes later the codes have all been used.

I don't think I'm the only one who download first, ask questions later, due to the
    way HP hands out these free promo codes. You snooze, you lose...
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Because these free promo codes run out so quickly, I have been conditioned to
    get them as soon as possible, even before I read the title of the app.

The first time I got the email with those free promo codes from HP, I used one
    and the code worked fine. On the second app, I stopped to read the description
    and two minutes later the codes have all been used.

I don't think I'm the only one who download first, ask questions later, due to the
    way HP hands out these free promo codes. You snooze, you lose...
    I have to admit I do the same thing....because if i sit there and read the reviews and see what its about it will be gone.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by froggys View Post
    I have to admit I do the same thing....because if i sit there and read the reviews and see what its about it will be gone.
    If only there was a way to give away to apps that I have no use for....
    For exampe, I have no use for Pennant, which I got using the free
    promo code. Since the Yankess will win World Series this year, I
    don't even watch baseball anymore. There must be a baseball fan
    out there who can use Pennant, but unfortunately, there's no way
    to transfer the app to another Touchpad user.
    If only there was a way to give away to apps that I have no use for....
    For exampe, I have no use for Pennant, which I got using the free
    promo code. Since the Yankess will win World Series this year, I
    don't even watch baseball anymore. There must be a baseball fan
    out there who can use Pennant, but unfortunately, there's no way
    to transfer the app to another Touchpad user.
    thats a great idea, but you are right unlikely to happen. Theres a few apps now that i downloaded that i have no use for nor do i like lol but im not deleting them becuase well they were free lol
    I would really like to see HP give out a promo code for PocketMirror...even if it's only for half off...
    Quote Originally Posted by King23James View Post
    u dont need 200 apps...u just need 10-20 good apps that u use and need and thats it
    he/she doesn't "need" 10-20. He/she needs a phone. apps are a convenience. The issue is what a user "wants" not what he needs. And if he wants 200 or 500 apps. It's each individual users choice. But necessity isn't the standard.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    There are a lot of promo 'free' apps I've skipped because I'd never use them. But I have grabbed a couple I wouldn't have purchases to try. For the most part I only download what I'll actually use just so I don't have a ton of apps to look through that are never used. Just a waste that way.
    Too many apps just clutters your screen and makes things more difficult to find, especially on smaller screens like phones. I do like the fact that, if you purchased an app with a promo code, you can delete the app off your TouchPad and reinstall for later use (if needed).

I have gotten almost every single Amazon Free App of the Day for my Android phone (except those with extremely poor reviews). It will download, but then I cancel the install. Every once in a while, I'll delete all of the apks for those downloads (which takes up a lot of SD card space).
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    Too many apps just clutters your screen and makes things more difficult to find, especially on smaller screens like phones. I do like the fact that, if you purchased an app with a promo code, you can delete the app off your TouchPad and reinstall for later use (if needed).

I have gotten almost every single Amazon Free App of the Day for my Android phone (except those with extremely poor reviews). It will download, but then I cancel the install. Every once in a while, I'll delete all of the apks for those downloads (which takes up a lot of SD card space).
    bold mine....i did not know that ,thank you, off i go to delete a couple!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    There are a lot of promo 'free' apps I've skipped because I'd never use them. But I have grabbed a couple I wouldn't have purchases to try. For the most part I only download what I'll actually use just so I don't have a ton of apps to look through that are never used. Just a waste that way.
    I think I read somewhere that there are 400 apps optimized for the Touchpad.
    Even if each apps sells for only 99 cents, there is no chance that I'll buy all
    400 of them. $400 for apps? That's just crazy.

What I don't understand is why webOS(or iOS and Android, for that matter)
    doens't roll out a monthly plan. For example, $7.99 monthly fee and you
    get to use any app you want from the Apps Catalog. Netflix for Apps?
    I think I read somewhere that there are 400 apps optimized for the Touchpad.
    Even if each apps sells for only 99 cents, there is no chance that I'll buy all
    400 of them. $400 for apps? That's just crazy.

What I don't understand is why webOS(or iOS and Android, for that matter)
    doens't roll out a monthly plan. For example, $7.99 monthly fee and you
    get to use any app you want from the Apps Catalog. Netflix for Apps?
    You did read that somewhere ( ) and the app count for the TPad is now 490+ and counting. So that would last TWO years if they kept it up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast