Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Let's say the average consumer has $80 they want to spend on apps (maybe less if they are, like me, cheap and used to paying nothing or next to nothing on android) - with the prices in the hp app store, that isn't going to take them very far. It's no wonder people fight to download as many free apps as possible - I got glimpse that way even thought I couldn't figure out a use for it and still can't.

Firesales attract cheap users who are cheap when it comes to buying apps - who would think it!
    Because the apps do not have a try basis like other providors do, you need to use the code to see if they are worth it, if you have never used the app then how can you realisticly state if it is for you or not until you download it, for it to be fais and yes so nobody feels even more bitter towards the device being unsupported, they should emal codes to random people who have a touchpad linked to their webOS account and if they dont want it then they can be posted elsewhere for others.
    That would not be too intelligent.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Let's say the average consumer has $80 they want to spend on apps (maybe less if they are, like me, cheap and used to paying nothing or next to nothing on android) - with the prices in the hp app store, that isn't going to take them very far. It's no wonder people fight to download as many free apps as possible - I got glimpse that way even thought I couldn't figure out a use for it and still can't.

Firesales attract cheap users who are cheap when it comes to buying apps - who would think it!
    It's okay... you can call me a cheapskate if you want.
    (because I am a cheapskate and proud of it... sort of)
    Trlsmn likes this.
    ..I got glimpse that way even thought I couldn't figure out a use for it and still can't..
    What's the problem? Why can't you figure it out? It's supposed to be easy and simple to use. It gives you the power to run multiple tasks using a split screen interface.
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    What's the problem? Why can't you figure it out? It's supposed to be easy and simple to use. It gives you the power to run multiple tasks using a split screen interface.
    No I get that, I just don't understand *why* I would have those apps running together and couldn't work out what I'd actually use it for.
  7.    #27  
    No I get that, I just don't understand *why* I would have those apps running together and couldn't work out what I'd actually use it for.
    I agree with you....

While I like Glimpse(bought for 99 cents), I don't see a real use for it.
    Just curious what do you mostly do with your Touchpad? What Apps do you frequently use?
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Just curious what do you mostly do with your Touchpad? What Apps do you frequently use?
    read comics, answer the odd email, (try to) read PDFs, occasionally use the browser and play the odd game of angry birds.
    Browser, QuickOffice, E-mail, Facebook, Angry Birds HD

Other apps I've found useful: Flash Cards (gotten with promo code), BrainPop Movies
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    My question is, if HP hands out 4 to 6 free apps per week will I end up with any within a year or will the codes always be used up?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gamtab View Post
    I would like to see more trial/demo versions of 'paid for apps'...I've gotten a few of these promo apps thinking they would be of use to me but they really don't add much in to the way I use the touchpad and could be better used by someone else...
    I can't say this has not happened to me either. For this reason, I would like to see a way to move apps to others in a secondary market sponsored by HP, to get them to someone who could use them. Cap the rate at which this can be done, so it does not get out of control, like the person selling or buying can only do so at the rate of 10% of the number of apps they have purchased, for example.

Just a though.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    hp promo codes are only for armyricans and due to this 100% rascism
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    You did read that somewhere ( ) and the app count for the TPad is now 490+ and counting. So that would last TWO years if they kept it up.
    Artificially inflated number. A crap ton of those are French city information apps.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12