Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    I've gotten everyone so far;-) well I'm unemployed with nothin better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yep, it's gone. I decided I could scrounge up 99 cents to just buy it anyway.
    That's pretty funny as that's the human element that drives people to go CLing or ebay for the TPad firesale and for missing app opportunities like this
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    How does one get on this list? I'm on the Hp touchpad sale list and have my touchpad registered with my main email(checked spam) but I never get the alerts...
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    I'm at work so RAAAAGGGEEEEE that I didn't get a couple apps for free that I wasn't interested in buying for a buck yesterday. How unfair is life??

Peep likes this.
    wow doesn't even last 3 hrs that's lame
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    slick deals wins again, writepad and weather gone
    all gone.... ***...
    all gone
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by knightblaze View Post
    Always while im at work with NO WIFI. God I miss out on these every time, by the time I'm out at 5pm I bet the codes are used up, specially WritePad:|

Dang it :|

I really wish there was a way to buy/nav the apps from a PC and have it queue up, but I know HP stopped that awhile ago.
    +1

I'm at work and wi-fi is only in the cafeteria.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I hope one day these free codes will be sent out when I get home from work....
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    slick deals wins again, writepad and weather gone
    Well, I suppose TouchPad owners win, since you have to have one to get the apps. And the devs win, since they get paid. It sucks when it's too late, but you can't really be too upset about it. Just buy the damn app.

I've spent around 20 bucks or so and I'm an android ******.
    bleh, missed out again!
    I saw this thread while at school and promptly stood up, went to my car, and drove straight home to get to my Touchpad in time. Luckily I got all the apps.

I'm just glad I decided to take a break from studying and check these forums. Thanks for the heads up.
    I'm starting to despise slickdeals. Everything gets snatched up in a matter of minutes once it hits that site.
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    How does one get on this list? I'm on the Hp touchpad sale list and have my touchpad registered with my main email(checked spam) but I never get the alerts...
    No one seems to know. They seem to just get sent out to a random group of TouchPad users...
    My quick reviews: the Weather Dashboard works great and seems to provide current weather at least in my area. WritePad is a very slick notepad app and looks like it works directly with Spaz and Facebook. The Thermal Pad HD program? Well, my youngest daughter thought it was cool... I can't get the Totemo app to run yet (re-charging my TP, after that I will try turning off/on as suggested elsewhere.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    No one seems to know. They seem to just get sent out to a random group of TouchPad users...
    my Irish blood is failing me! I knew I should have gotten it from a luckier looking irishman...
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    No one seems to know. They seem to just get sent out to a random group of TouchPad users who then spam the codes on scumdeals so others who don't subscribe to the newsletter can get the free apps...
    Fixed.

you can subscribe to the HP webOS newsletter here:
    Palm.com : Newsletter Signup

if you already have a webos account try entering your email on the right of the page and seeing if the option is checked to allow newsletter from HP..
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I'm starting to despise slickdeals. Everything gets snatched up in a matter of minutes once it hits that site.
    So sign up for Slickdeals? I'm not signed up myself but but I'd assume everyone who grabbed and used an app code did so by putting it on their Touchpad. It's not as though they're storing app codes in a coffee can under their bed. These aren't even dirty Touchpad profiteer/resellers since I doubt they'd open the box (no longer new in box!)and load a free app on there before reselling it. Why be upset that people who own and enjoy their Touchpads are getting alerted to free application deals when you're welcome to join their party?

I look at the app codes as nice when I can get them but that's it. If I was that worried about those particular applications, I'd have already bought them.

Edit: This isn't directed really at Stevesrjr86 in particular but every one of these threads turns into a gripe-fest about how they didn't get free stuff and someone else got it first instead. I say "congratulations" to everyone who got an application, no matter where you found the code, and I hope you're enjoying your Touchpad.
    pseudoswede likes this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast