Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes
    Any update on your "SuDoh" progress? I know a LOT goes into something like this, but I wanted to make sure you knew that a lot of people are still rooting for you.
    Long live webOS!
  2. pml
    I'm happily looking forward to this app!

Just one more feature request:

As the PCs at my institute sit behind a firewall, which can be tunneled via SSH, I currently use remmina client on my Linux Desktop for connecting with VNC and RDP.

It would be excellent, if you could implement this feature as well :-)
    Screenshot? Are you SURE that isn't a mockup?
    I am also one of those many who see something they like but dont post as we dont really have anything important to say and dont like to clutter a thread needlessly. Still since this thread hasnt blown up ( i mean that in the good way ie hundreds of posts and thousands of views) i feel you might not feel that your work is appreciated which would be a very wrong conclusion. MANY and i mean MANY people are waiting for something like this please dont stop your work make us happy people. I thought splashtop was the solution i wanted and unfortunatly its not.
    What kind of remote access program doesnt start as a system process so when the computer restarts or whatever you can log into an account. Currently if im not already logged in ( and since im using my touchpad im probably not home or anywhere near my comp so why the hell would i be logged in??) i cant connect which for me makes it useless.

ANYWAY Please continue your work and please give us updates so we have hope of a light at the end of a tunnel.
  5.    #25  
    Another update for y'all:

I had to take a break from all my online projects for a week or two (getting behind in school), so that's the reason for no status update for a while.

I'm still working on SuDoh, I've almost got the GUI done, then I'll get in contact with rwhitby to have him help me with the c-service aspect. Once SuDoh is complete, I'll post a thread on it-- then work will begin on getting this app to work.

Don't worry, this app WILL get finished, as I have a great personal need for it in my line of work (dang windows servers!).

I'm not sure if I'll bother with VNC anymore since there appears to be a VNC client in the HP App Catalog now though.. let me know what y'all think.

Thanks for your patience as always!
  6. pml
    I'm not sure if I'll bother with VNC anymore since there appears to be a VNC client in the HP App Catalog now though.. let me know what y'all think.

Thanks for your patience as always!
    Let me assure you, that the VNC client from AppCatalog, MVnc, is - at its current state - no competitor at all.
    Limited support regarding protocol versions and screen resolutions render it a useless waste of money to me.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pml View Post
    Let me assure you, that the VNC client from AppCatalog, MVnc, is - at its current state - no competitor at all.
    Limited support regarding protocol versions and screen resolutions render it a useless waste of money to me.
    Hi pml,

I do not want to stop thecubed form implementing VNC, did you try http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-touchpad.html ?

Always more options are good ;-)

HaPe
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecubed View Post
    Hello all!

Without further ado, I present to you IORemote!

For this first super-alpha release, please let me know what you think of it, or any improvements that can be made.

Thanks for stopping by!
    Any update on getting this to a Beta release state?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I had to take a break from all my online projects for a week or two (getting behind in school), so that's the reason for no status update for a while.
    School is more important. There is a paid RDP client in the app catalog now, and while it's nowhere near as nice as what you're working on, it'll do for now. In a few years it won't matter in the least whether you got your webOS RDP app done quickly or not, but it sure as hell will matter if you fall behind in school.

the VNC app in the app catalog is useless so far. It's insanely slow, like MINUTES just to paint a single screen from a local tightvnc server (and even worse over the internet). I'm guessing it must be faster with UltraVNC servers, but it's not like I'm going to change vnc servers just to use it (isn't vnc supposed to be vnc everywhere?).
    will IORemote work w a mac? Thanks, good luck w school.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    the VNC app in the app catalog is useless so far. It's insanely slow, like MINUTES just to paint a single screen from a local tightvnc server (and even worse over the internet). I'm guessing it must be faster with UltraVNC servers, but it's not like I'm going to change vnc servers just to use it (isn't vnc supposed to be vnc everywhere?).
    Echo the need for a "usable" VNC client. My experience is, with a decent client app, VNC IS VNC. The one that is available sounds like one I would be disappointed if I spent $3 on it to try it out. Even the positive reviews talk about how dog slow it is.

I use UltraVNC and it is lightning fast on every OS I have used it on, from XP to Windows 8. Asking me to downgrade protocols to use a product is lame with a capital L.
    by the way, the app catalog RDP client got an update today. minor improvement, it now keeps a list of recently used servers, but no authentication info... it always defaults to machinename\administrator, which so far has never once been correct so I always have to manually change it. still, it does work pretty well.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Hello all!

Without further ado, I present to you IORemote!

For this first super-alpha release, please let me know what you think of it, or any improvements that can be made.

Thanks for stopping by!
    Any update on getting this to a Beta release state?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12