Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just emailed Chillingo(The devs of Cut The Rope) about developing their apps for WebOS. I hope they have plans too because I really love Cut The Rope.
    xexeri, pre101, tnguy88 and 2 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOaks View Post
    I just emailed Chillingo(The devs of Cut The Rope) about developing their apps for WebOS. I hope they have plans too because I really love Cut The Rope.
    Agreed. It is a very polished game that I was hesitant to try at first because of the "meh" name. Hopefully they are able to port it to webOS without much trouble and see a return for their efforts..
    I love this game. I wish I could get it on my touchpad
    Cut The Rope is one of my favorite games and I would love to see it on Touchpad. Why don't we send some Twitter love their way! :-)
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Didn't know that it is available on Android, too - just yesterday I have read an article (from May 2011) where it is described as iPhone exclusive:Exclusive Apps: iOS Versus Android

Well, time's changing fast in a mobile world.
    Pre³ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Well, I don't use Android; so, I waiting for a webOS version.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    T-Pad and Vistaus like this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Well, guess you'll have to wait until eternity...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Love the android version. Far from being iphone exclusive, its also on dsi/3ds. I wouldn't hold yourbreath on it ever coming to the touchpad though.
    dignitary likes this.
    I played all cut the rope series on my iPad. I love them. BTW... I think chillingo only distribute it. The developer is zeptolab.
    Today they announced an HTML5 version of Cut The Rope. Alas, it does not work on my Pre 3. I thought webkit was HTML5 capable. Is there any way to make it work?

Om Nom Now Om Line

Cut the Rope
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    Today they announced an HTML5 version of Cut The Rope. Alas, it does not work on my Pre 3. I thought webkit was HTML5 capable. Is there any way to make it work?

Om Nom Now Om Line

Cut the Rope
    Nice.. But it's sponsored by Internet Explorer, so it isn't designed to run on other browsers. It will work on browsers like Chrome and FF, but only for a couple of levels. Unfortunately, it won't work at all on the webOS browser.
    It runs in Opera, although it's ---extremely--- slow. Pretty sad, considering Opera is usually considered to be either the fastest or second fastest browser at this sort of thing, depending on who you ask and exactly what is being tested.

pepebuho, note that HTML5 is not even an official spec yet, has been in the works for many years now, and that the webOS version of WebKit is 2+ years old. Many things work, many more advanced things do not, or do not work well. Things we're hoping get changed soon, and likely will the moment webOS is open sourced.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I wish that when you tried to find an app in the AppCat and it is not there, that HP would have added "a feature" that popped up a window with fields that would say "Click here to send an e-mail to the developer of this app showing your support for webOS!". They could even have an xml file with a list of devs and e-mails for each particular search.
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    I wish that when you tried to find an app in the AppCat and it is not there, that HP would have added "a feature" that popped up a window with fields that would say "Click here to send an e-mail to the developer of this app showing your support for webOS!". They could even have an xml file with a list of devs and e-mails for each particular search.
    Not a horrible idea, but think it isn't a great idea from a corporate stand point. It will give some indication that certain developers have partnered with HP/Palm/webOS and are considering porting an app, when the dev may have no interest.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    this is from a thread I created a while back

This thread was inspired by This one -----> http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...oards-lol.html

Can we get something like this on webOS??

someone get cracking and make it free it will help the community

https://market.android.com/details?i...phonetopcharts

TOP APP FEATURES
    1. Up-to-date catalog of iPhone™ Top Charts.
    2. Links straight to the Android Market.
    3. Substitutions for missing apps.
    4. Request apps straight from developers.

Now before anyone goes jumping for joy.. This app may not make it into the app catalog ever as it may violate spamming rules ... Not sure...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    What's nice about the app is that it shows you substitutions for apps your looking for... I dunno how it does this but it would definitely help existing devs and hopefully help bring additional ones

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    That looks awesome
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Nice.. But it's sponsored by Internet Explorer, so it isn't designed to run on other browsers. It will work on browsers like Chrome and FF, but only for a couple of levels. Unfortunately, it won't work at all on the webOS browser.
    That's not exactly true. It's not designed for IE9. It's designed with standard HTML 5. I played a bunch of levels on Chrome and it worked perfectly.

However they are releasing a set of special levels that will only be made available to IE9 users.

Incidentally, I tried the site on my Galaxy Tab 8.9 (Android Honeycomb) and it also failed to load. Perhaps they aren't allowing the site to load on any mobile device. And really even if it did load, it wouldn't really work well since touch events normally cause you to scroll a page on a mobile device.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    touch events normally cause you to scroll a page on a mobile device.
    Doesn't double tap in webOS lock the flash instance? I honestly don't do much flash gaming on my devices, played plants vs. zombies months ago on TP but that was it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast