Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By doctj
  • 2 Post By toaste
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    All kindle devices are now public library compatible and I downloaded a book to my touchpad today. Pretty neat but now Amazon needs to fix the white screening introduced after the last update. Now I'll use my Sony ereader even less frequently.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    SmartFah likes this.
    I was wondering if this feature would work on the TouchPad. I'm glad it does. I've been downloading a bunch of free kindle e-books. Now I'll be enjoying other good books from the library as well.
    I've not had time to check on this so did you download books via the Kindle app or did you have to transfer it over via USB. I ask as my wife has a Nook and I have to transfer her library books over via USB.

It'd be great to just download straight the the TP without having to go through my desktop.

I found this .

http://www.overdrive.com/News/OverDr...Library-eBooks

I went to www.overdrive.com and used the Zip Code locator, opened the library's website, found a book and chose the Kindle version. I then proceeded through the check out process which included a stop at Amazon.com.

After that, I went to my Kindle app and my book was there after syncing. Too cool.
    Last edited by toaste; 09/23/2011 at 03:59 AM. Reason: New info:
    krish11 and GODSPEED#WP like this.
    Once I selected a book from Overdrive, the checkout process to appearing on the TP took under a minute for me.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Works like a Charm...now I just have to read it within the allotted time...that was one benefit to having to convert using Calibre! Oh well, at least it's now easy for those that do it!