Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I always get a receipt from HP App Catalog within minutes after purchasing
    apps. (even if the app was paid for with a promo code)

Two days ago, I purchased a $7 app. The app was downloaded and installed
    without any issues. I'm using it right now.

However, there was no receipt from HP. I checked with my credit card and
    there was no authorization or charge at all.

Did I get a freebie or was HP just being real slow?
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    oh wow I didn't even notice that - I bought a couple things when new things finally came out this week and yep no receipt, nothing - odd!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Add me to the list of not receiving a receipt as well. Has anyone received one recently?
    I bought the recently released music player.....3 days ago....no receipt.
    I did some in-app purchases a few days ago. No receipts but I do see the pending charges on my card. Did HP lay-off the person responsible for maintaining that?
    Time likes this.
  6. Dis
    I bought Communities yesterday and have not had a receipt. My account uses a debit card and that isn't showing a charge yet and last few purchases have shown up immediately.

sent from my ZombiePad via Communities
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dis View Post
    I bought Communities yesterday and have not had a receipt. My account uses a debit card and that isn't showing a charge yet and last few purchases have shown up immediately.

I "bought" a few apps today thanks to free promo codes. The receipts for those
    apps arrived immediately after purchase.

However, the $7 app that I bought 2 days ago still has not showed up on my
    credit card and HP hasn't mailed me a receipt.

HP Apps Catalog won't allow me to updateor remove my credit card info
    because of this. It kept saying I have to wait for pending purchases to clear.
    Is there a customer service number that I can call to get this resolved?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Touchpaddle; 09/22/2011 at 10:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    now that I saw this post, I haven't received a receipt either for any tp app purchases in the last two week I have it. I didn't think of it until I saw this post.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I bought Asphalt 6 a couple of days ago, no receipt, no cc charge yet.
    Ummm same thing just happened to me.. GRRRRR!!!*

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I keep getting mysterious charges from HP and I'm not sure whether or not they are slow with charging for apps or if I am getting random charges. Maybe I'm paying for your guys apps
    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    I keep getting mysterious charges from HP and I'm not sure whether or not they are slow with charging for apps or if I am getting random charges. Maybe I'm paying for your guys apps
    How big (or small) are the charges??

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dis View Post

glad I'm not alone.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post

That's why I have decided to stop buying apps
    from the HP Apps Catalog effective immediately,
    until HP fixes this problem.
    The ONLY SOLUTION to your confounding problem I can think of is ....

GET USED TO IT! (I mean that sympathetically). I had a few problems with the few apps I actually purchased.

99c - well how could I fight it. And how bad was the problem ... so it didn't work.... only a minor problem .... LOL

HERE IS WHAT I HAVE NOTICED:

The FREE apps seem to have fewer problems, bugs or tricks that make you feel 'ripped off' or 'the victim of some kind of mal-ware.

This is just from my limited personal experience ... The more expensive the app (above $3-$4 dollars, the more certain it seems that there will be a bigger problem with that app as the price goes up, and the 'support' will decrease from noting, to the more expensive ... no website at all ... or any reference whatsoever doing a google search for the expensive app and the independent developer who has what is quite a lot of your money and has screwed up your phone.

Just a theory I was going to throw out to HP to work on .... BEFORE the decided to go out of business and take the newly acquired Palm along with it.

(sorry - no help, other than experience which was endless futility .... and when HP was still doing business, running Palm and had not announced their abandoning their retail customers. With the layoffs, there is literally zero chance of there being anyone left to even receive your issue for resolution assistance).

*Sorry again .... choked on a "Bitter Pill" just a while ago, that didn't go down so well - the result of my phone totally crashed this afternoon.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by joninla View Post
    The ONLY SOLUTION to your confounding problem I can think of is ....

GET USED TO IT! (I mean that sympathetically). I had a few problems with the few apps I actually purchased.
    Actually... no... I must update my credit card information because the card
    expires this month.(7 days left) HP Apps Catalog is not allowing me to
    make any changes because of this issue. Come October 1, I will not be
    able to buy any paid apps... (unless they can somehow charge an expired
    credit card with a different security number and a different billing address?)
  17. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I actually ran into this issue myself a few months ago. My credit card number was compromised so the bank sent me a new one, but I hadn't updated my cc in the app catalog yet.

I forgot and bought a game, the game downloaded and no receipt.
    Waited and waited. A month goes by and I decide to buy another app and get a popup about my card expiring so I update it and buy the new app and WHAM I get charged for both apps.

So clearly there is a bug in the software for that scenario.
    Maybe I shouldn't share that one.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I'm guessing CC processing was overlooked in all the HP shuffles this week. I'm also guessing that they're going to be slow paying their developers, which doesn't help things one bit with the App Catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by joninla View Post
    HERE IS WHAT I HAVE NOTICED:

The FREE apps seem to have fewer problems, bugs or tricks that make you feel 'ripped off' or 'the victim of some kind of mal-ware.

This is just from my limited personal experience ... The more expensive the app (above $3-$4 dollars, the more certain it seems that there will be a bigger problem with that app as the price goes up, and the 'support' will decrease from noting, to the more expensive ... no website at all ... or any reference whatsoever doing a google search for the expensive app and the independent developer who has what is quite a lot of your money and has screwed up your phone.

Just a theory I was going to throw out to HP to work on .... BEFORE the decided to go out of business and take the newly acquired Palm along with it.

(sorry - no help, other than experience which was endless futility .... and when HP was still doing business, running Palm and had not announced their abandoning their retail customers. With the layoffs, there is literally zero chance of there being anyone left to even receive your issue for resolution assistance).

*Sorry again .... choked on a "Bitter Pill" just a while ago, that didn't go down so well - the result of my phone totally crashed this afternoon.
    I personally would like you to make this a thread. Many of us have purchased the higher priced apps on phones and on the TouchPad and haven't had the issues you speak of.

At this point I would also like to ask if you have contacted the developers of these apps. I can think of, off the top of my head more than 5 developers of higher priced TouchPad apps that I have communicated with via these forums, e-mail, and/or twitter. (all of which have been very responsive)

Please feel free to create a thread in the "TouchPad apps" forum. I am in no way saying your problems aren't real, just thinking you may be having issues with your specific TouchPad as I have yet to have one app in 2 years (and 7 webOS devices meet the description of the user experience you have given).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    I actually ran into this issue myself a few months ago. My credit card number was compromised so the bank sent me a new one, but I hadn't updated my cc in the app catalog yet.

I forgot and bought a game, the game downloaded and no receipt.
    Waited and waited. A month goes by and I decide to buy another app and get a popup about my card expiring so I update it and buy the new app and WHAM I get charged for both apps.

So clearly there is a bug in the software for that scenario.
    Maybe I shouldn't share that one.
    I spoke to a HP Butler service rep about this.... after 20 minutes, the rep and
    his supervisor basically gave up. I was given a reference number and told
    that someone would look into it.

On a side note, I just found out that the HP rep can go into my records and
    see every app that I ever downloaded from the HP Apps Catalog. (free, paid,
    promo code, or otherwise) Fortunately, there is no webOS app for Playboy
    or I'd be in deep trouble.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast