Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Id like to have a photography portfolio app, so I can show off my work to potential clients (as well as family and friends) Ive added some links to ipad versions that have features that would be awesome to include.

Here are some of my "necessities"

the ability to customize the order of images
    kiosk mode (so it can be passed around without coming out of the app)
    dropbox/box.net synchronization
    "home page" (a title screen with info about the portfolio)
    Ability to add custom text overlaying, or next to images with info about image.
    Works landscape or portrait.

I'm always willing to beta test.

Portfolio for iPad - An app for photographers, designers, florists and others to present a branded portfolio
    foliobook.mobi
    Customized Portfolio For iPad
    This would be great, I would love this!
    +1
    +1
    I am, therefore I think
    I am a photographer and an app like this would be awesome. I posted another thread asking about creating an app for tethering a dslr and using the Touchpad as an external video monitor and as a live viewer when doing shoots.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I'd like this as well
    I am working on an app right now that is similar to your feature request.
    The first version should be submitted to HP by the end of the week, and will post again when its up.

attached are a couple screen shots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    zappcatt likes this.
  8.    #8  
    looks good so far, can you give us an idea about the price point? Need any more beta testers?
    it'll be 99 cents. Don't need any more testers right now, but maybe in the future. The first release is going to be more slideshow oriented but it will be updated regularly o add in features.
    Could of sworn I posted on this thread, but count me in too, would love an app like this
    Looks great. I would love this also to showcase my work.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Yea I want this app too. I'm been looking to devs to work with. If any are up there i'll willing to help on UI and design.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    thats great let us know when its up , for .99 Ill try it out....thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thricetwice View Post
    it'll be 99 cents. Don't need any more testers right now, but maybe in the future. The first release is going to be more slideshow oriented but it will be updated regularly o add in features.
    What's the app name? I'll get it for $0.99
    I submitted it last night. Its called slideshow presentation hd.
    I'll post when it show up in the catalog
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Jake after thinking about it a bit I thinking i'm going to following the instructions here and made a portfolio add using my portfolio from 500px.com ...... seems like it will work well.
    Just in case you don't know about 500px.com I highly suggest it even if just for the free portfolio. You do need to pay ($50/yr if you want unlimited uploaded and other stuff)
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  17.    #17  
    Doc, That looks like it might work. Provide you have an internet connection when using the app. (from the quick look I gave the instructions it seems that way)
    That wouldnt work at a clients office that dosent have wireless, or has secure wireless, or for some reason you can get a signal on your phone to teather.
    Plus 16GB (or 32GB) is more than enough space for a targeted portfolio.
    I think thricetwice is off to a great start, it looks like they can develop it into a portfolio app very easily.
    So tonight i've made a break through with the app thats gonna make it into the portfolio app you guys want. Itll take a few updates from now, but it'll get there pretty quick. Make sure to leave me feed back at what you want,and i will try to implement it.

the first version should be available sometime next week. an update should come a week or two after that with more features.
    jake2600 likes this.
  19.    #19  
    thrice that's awesome, obviously you have the custom image order down, I think working in landscape and portrait is a good thing to have, as well as a custom title screen and multiple portfolios in the app.

Of the links i posted
    This one is probably is the simplest but still has lost of nice features.
    Customized Portfolio For iPad

Thanks a million thrice!
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jake2600 View Post
    Doc, That looks like it might work. Provide you have an internet connection when using the app. (from the quick look I gave the instructions it seems that way)
    That wouldnt work at a clients office that dosent have wireless, or has secure wireless, or for some reason you can get a signal on your phone to teather.
    Plus 16GB (or 32GB) is more than enough space for a targeted portfolio.
    I think thricetwice is off to a great start, it looks like they can develop it into a portfolio app very easily.
    Actually I'm working with a dev to try to do the same thing but with offline storage. we'll how see how it works out. PM me your email and you can help me feedback
    My Themes - Prethemer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast