Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By CaCHooKaMan
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Can we get swype for the touchpad???
    when the cyanogenmod gingerbread port is available to be installed
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    is this a convert the tp to android? or just some apps?

I have never heard of it so sorry
    Cyanogen is a full custom rom that uses android. The cyanogen team is getting close to having a full functioning rom for the TP. I believe they are planning on making it dual boot, meaning you could choose to boot up WebOS or cyanogen, however the 2 would not communicate with each other.

Here's their latest progress...

IDK how well swype would be on a tablet. Love it on the phone, but that would be a long way to swype your hand on a 10" tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    IDK how well swype would be on a tablet. Love it on the phone, but that would be a long way to swype your hand on a 10" tablet.
    The more I think about it, I think you're right. Won't be too bad when in portrait mode, but you'd get a pretty good arm workout in landscape!
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/22/2011 at 02:47 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    Good point. I love swype on my droid x, but I tried it on my 7" nook color and hated it.

Thumb Keyboard is the best keyboard for bigger screens in my opinion.
    swiftkey is way better than swype for tablet use and phone aswell imho :-)
    Swype wouldn't be so bad in Portrait mode. I can't wait for the dual boot, the lack of games is killing me!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    The honeycomb version of swype has a sort of mini mode you can put in the corner of your screen. *Actually pretty slick and totally usable with your thumb.

http://androidcommunity.com/swype-3-...view-20110614/

Used it on my transformer before I sold it and loved it.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    anything would be better than this crap keyboard.