Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    there's a way to make flash games into IPK's and load them onto the TP and play like a real game - saves your gamestates, doesn't need to run a browser and doesn't crash. i havea couple games like this on my TP but I didn't make them into IPK's so I don't know the process.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    there's a way to make flash games into IPK's and load them onto the TP and play like a real game - saves your gamestates, doesn't need to run a browser and doesn't crash. i havea couple games like this on my TP but I didn't make them into IPK's so I don't know the process.
    Probably whoever did the Machinarium install to Touchpad. I have that on mine and does save. Someone should make a directory launcher. Put a bunch of flash games in a directory and have a program that launches them from a list. That would be cool. I don't program or I'd do it.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Nice! Thanks for your effort and everyone else that's contributing suggestions!
    The IPK idea is a great one. So many games out there that are point and click based that can easily work on the Touchpad. Let's gte this operation moving people!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by frontloader View Post
    The IPK idea is a great one. So many games out there that are point and click based that can easily work on the Touchpad. Let's gte this operation moving people!
    I am all for this too. My site is great. But how good would it be to just launch flash games from a menu locally on the Touchpad.
  6.    #26  
    Added some more games. Sorry have been dealing with my car that ate it a few weeks ago and I'm still trying to fix it.

Please let me know if you guys see any games you want added. I will try my best.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djphatjive View Post
    Probably whoever did the Machinarium install to Touchpad. I have that on mine and does save. Someone should make a directory launcher. Put a bunch of flash games in a directory and have a program that launches them from a list. That would be cool. I don't program or I'd do it.
    two things come to mind. Game resolution (not all are in 1024x768 ) so could/would it be possible to mod the game files to display in full screen. Some might not be optimized for larger resolutions.

second, distribution. I'm not sure if it would be ok to modify and distribute games w/o the consent of the developer. I don't know anything about rights to flash games, but it might be prudent to ask them first beforehand (which could take some time). I know a game like machinarium isn't free, but some others, like on kongregate are. But if it were me, I'd still want to get permission first before I did anything, to avoid potential issues down the road
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    two things come to mind. Game resolution (not all are in 1024x768 ) so could/would it be possible to mod the game files to display in full screen. Some might not be optimized for larger resolutions.

second, distribution. I'm not sure if it would be ok to modify and distribute games w/o the consent of the developer. I don't know anything about rights to flash games, but it might be prudent to ask them first beforehand (which could take some time). I know a game like machinarium isn't free, but some others, like on kongregate are. But if it were me, I'd still want to get permission first before I did anything, to avoid potential issues down the road
    I am sure it is ok as long as it is a free app and you don't modify the actual game files. Most have ads built into the .swf and would love the extra money. Also linking back to their website or company wouldn't hurt also. But I am sure exclusive type games could be a problem because of knowing if they are real or not. I wouldn't wrap Angry Birds in a launcher, same reason it is not on my site because I think most of the flash versions of game are illegal ripoffs.

Resolution is not a big deal I think because flash itself is pretty stretchable right?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I don't know much about flash, but I think if you upscale a smaller resolution to touchpad full screen, it might not look as good. Another option might be if we could persuade kongregate to port their android app to webOs. That would save us all the hassle

Kongregate Arcade for Android

I actually already wrote them about a week ago, sounded like they didn't know much about webos (asked if it had flash capability lol)

but if anyone wants to petition them, can try this link Kongregate: Play free games online (select android app in the topic dropdown box)

otherwise I guess someone would have to develop a loader from scratch
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    I don't know much about flash, but I think if you upscale a smaller resolution to touchpad full screen, it might not look as good. Another option might be if we could persuade kongregate to port their android app to webOs. That would save us all the hassle

Kongregate Arcade for Android

I actually already wrote them about a week ago, sounded like they didn't know much about webos (asked if it had flash capability lol)

but if anyone wants to petition them, can try this link Kongregate: Play free games online (select android app in the topic dropdown box)

otherwise I guess someone would have to develop a loader from scratch
    This is a cool app. My wife has a Evo 4G and I might have to try this. Does the app just link to flash games or include flash games or something? This is definitely something that could work on the TouchPad if its just using flash. Most games look good in full screen on the TouchPad. They are a little pixelated but not bad at all. My website also works on Android tablets and Phones with flash too. This is why Apple will never have flash on the iPhone.. Free games.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    I just use the full Kongregate site.
    What a nice guy. Thanks

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    how do you stop the browser window moving around the screen when you are trying to play a game in flash or even moving the slide bar in an embedded movie?

very frustrating!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    This is a cool app. My wife has a Evo 4G and I might have to try this. Does the app just link to flash games or include flash games or something?
    honestly i'm not sure since i dont have any android devices to try their app on :P

but (i'm guessing) the either game selection from the app would be based on functionality or touch usability, or maybe some touch-friendly functions added to existing games.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by spagdin View Post
    how do you stop the browser window moving around the screen when you are trying to play a game in flash or even moving the slide bar in an embedded movie?

very frustrating!
    Double tap the game. Sometimes it might take a few trys, but you should get a message that says this

As long as you don't touch outside the game window it will stay put. If you pinch it will loose it also. Just use one finger and it should always stay put. You can also go full screen by holding your finger down on the game after locking it in place for 6 seconds. A little full screen icon will show up. Just tap it. This one seams to be harder to do as some games take forever to get it to recognize the full screen press. Usually works when in a game menu better. Happy playing!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Double tap the game. Sometimes it might take a few trys, but you should get a message that says this

Click to view quoted image

As long as you don't touch outside the game window it will stay put. If you pinch it will loose it also. Just use one finger and it should always stay put. You can also go full screen by holding your finger down on the game after locking it in place for 6 seconds. A little full screen icon will show up. Just tap it. This one seams to be harder to do as some games take forever to get it to recognize the full screen press. Usually works when in a game menu better. Happy playing!
    Thanks mate I appreciate it. I will give this a go tonight as it has been driving me insane.
    Thanks for the list of games also.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    You sir are smart. Well done!
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by prognar View Post

I have been looking for some good tower defense games for my site. But most get REALLY slow after the first couple levels. Hopefully I will find some that are not to painfully slow to add. If you know of any specific ones let me know.
  20.    #40  
    Now have some defense games on there and some really good poker games there that are quite fun. Looking to add some people's requests also from private messages.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast