Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    United States only! First com first serve!

We all sat and watch HP axe 550 employees in the webOS department after shutting down webOS hardware development. We have waited a while and heard not even a peep about an interested party for the purchase or licensing of webOS (we have heard companies that plain said no). I fear webOS is going the way of the DoDo bird.

Because of this, I wanted to clear out my complete inventory of promo codes so that people can enjoy the fruits of my labor before the platform is erased from the universe. Below are all the promo codes I have left for my paid apps. My free apps are still free! Just search "L337Tech" or "Casey Broome" in the app catalog for the free apps.

Internet Radio Pro HD (720 codes)
    Code:
    ccb61531-9131-45de-8981-e22ed9c298fc
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...1-e22ed9c298fc

GPS Trip Panel (1,000 codes)
    Code:
    8c1b000f-eb7a-4431-b0ec-8b74dd2ee442
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...c-8b74dd2ee442

Internet Radio Pro (1,000 codes)
    Code:
    987e4ea6-0a84-4f40-b5ef-5af3ff60f45b
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...f-5af3ff60f45b

Stay Lit Flashlight (1,000 codes)
    Code:
    ffba8fc7-bcd2-41f6-8185-5ffc5ae7912d
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...5-5ffc5ae7912d

Tap To The Beat Pro (1,000 codes)
    Code:
    c75296d3-5b6a-45ae-9427-bef3b391b0db
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...7-bef3b391b0db

GPS Altitude (1,000 codes)
    Code:
    7013d3c6-ed95-42e3-8a97-7e711720f9cf
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...7-7e711720f9cf

webOS development has been a great hobby for me as I am just a petroleum engineer doing this stuff for fun in my spare time. I hate to see what is happening to this platform. I would also hate to see my apps not get used because the platform vanishes. Hopefully knowing that a few thousand more people are going to have my app on their phone will make me feel better about what is happening to the platform.

Please enjoy my apps and enjoy the remaining time we all are going to have with webOS's twilight days.

thanks,

number1pete
    Casey Broome
    L337Tech.com
    Last edited by number1pete; 09/22/2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Hey Casey,
    I remember you as I was one of the purchasers of your scaling app (last year?, the year before?).

I spoke to dev relations and they are not as gloomy as you (they are hopeful and anxious at the same time). Talks between parties take a long time, especially if the talks are complicated. Just even scheduling meetings or calls that everyone can attend can take a week or two and testing products or exchanging information can also take some time. If we don't hear anything by mid-December, I would start to be concerned.

ps The information about the employees who were fired was known to dev relations at the time we spoke and was disseminated to the press afterwards. I notice HP would not confirm the number and I believe it was a select group. Its possible the whole group could get let go if no deal is struck (that is probably the origin of the 500+ story) but I don't believe it has happened yet.

Thanks for the codes.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hey Thanks!

I'm just wondering, since Precentral times/dates are showing different here in my location. I can't verify if you posted it on Sept 20 or 21 Are the codes going to be active at September 21 or 22?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    What timezone does the app catalog use? And will these turn live at midnight in that timezone?

Thanks for the codes!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    So when does it go online 12 am central time? 12 am pacific time? or something like 8 am?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Are you able to add the Canadian region? Many Thanks
    Last edited by antexity; 09/21/2011 at 11:56 AM.
    I'm wondering if y'all gonna crash the app catalog at midnight.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I'm wondering if y'all gonna crash the app catalog at midnight.
    Only if it gets posted to the deal site which must not be named, then it's a sure thing,
    I guess "tomorrow" is right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I guess "tomorrow" is right now.
    You're correct. I just downloaded them. Thanks Number1pete!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I did not remember how to do promo codes on my Pre, you just got a paying customer, guess thats the least I can do for the other apps you are giving away. Cheers!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  12.    #12  
    My guess is 12:01am pacific time zone.
  13.    #13  
    The codes seem to be working now
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    The codes seem to be working now
    Better hurry then, they'll get on that deal site and be gone in minutes.
    thanks I got the first two, the last one doesnot work on TP, left the flashlight and internet radio pro one as dont need them.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    thanks I got the first two, the last one doesnot work on TP, left the flashlight and internet radio pro one as dont need them.
    I was thinking only Internet Radio Pro HD was really a touchpad app but maybe I'm wrong. Well more codes for others I guess.
    Thanks a Bunch. I really appreciate the hard work.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Thanks, Internet Radio Pro HD is very useful to me on the TouchPad. I hope WebOS isn't as dead as you think with close to a million new TouchPad owners out there looking for apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    Thanks, Internet Radio Pro HD is very useful to me on the TouchPad. I hope WebOS isn't as dead as you think with close to a million new TouchPad owners out there looking for apps.
    Yes, thanks and also hope the touchpad isn't dead.
  20.    #20  
    Still codes left
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast