Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By mstrblueskys
  1.    #1  
    I had been holding out hope that we'd eventually see a netflix streaming app for webos3. Now that the company is splitting into two, I couldn't imagine them holding large membership numbers in the aftermath. That said, does this mean death to a potential webOS streaming client?
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    That said, does this mean death to a potential webOS streaming client?
    I would think that WebOS's future is uncertain and nobody is making hardware is the bigger problem. If HTC or someone else announces that they will start making units then this becomes interesting to people like Netflix but otherwise....
  3.    #3  
    I would think that WebOS's future is uncertain and nobody is making hardware is the bigger problem. If HTC or someone else announces that they will start making units then this becomes interesting to people like Netflix but otherwise....
    Yeah I'm attempting to maintain some optimism on this platform. You make a valid point.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    I had been holding out hope that we'd eventually see a netflix streaming app for webos3. Now that the company is splitting into two, I couldn't imagine them holding large membership numbers in the aftermath. That said, does this mean death to a potential webOS streaming client?
    I don't think the split helps. Just another hurtle for any WebOS Netflix apps being released. I've kind of given up hope on any app. Time to move on I think.

ET

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcmandan View Post
    Netflix is HUGE ... and their streaming business was always their defining vision for the company. DVD's by mail was just a brilliant bootstrap to fund what they really wanted to do, so I'm fairly confident they built up their streaming membership to the self-supporting level and will simply look to grow that from here on out under the Netflix banner.
    Netflix just sent me an email saying that I should return to them for $7.99 a month. I'm going to talk to their customer service and try to tell them that for $96.00 a year they should make an app for my webOS devices. If they do that, then I will come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Netflix just sent me an email saying that I should return to them for $7.99 a month. I'm going to talk to their customer service and try to tell them that for $96.00 a year they should make an app for my webOS devices. If they do that, then I will come back.
    Great idea! I just sent two emails to Netflix saying the same thing. One went to the regular customer service dept and one went to Netflix coeporate... expect to receive canned response any minute now.
    Until webOS is licensed or HP announces they're going to pick it up again and start making devices it is a waste of time to worry about Netflix coming to the TouchPad. With no future for webOS beyond the useful life of these TouchPads it makes no financial sense to address webOS. Until that changes, you can complain til you're blue in the face to Netflix...they aren't going to support it. If you want Netflix, wait for the Android port and run it on that.