Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I'd love to see a photo album for exhibition mode on the TP that can display animated gifs. I've seen some people putting together something they call cinemagraphs, which are basically animated gifs that look like still photos with the exception of one moving element, such as the marquee above a theatre. I'd love to put these in a album and perhaps make my own.

LGT example photos. Moving Pictures: Stunning Photographs Brought to Life | WebUrbanist
    Last edited by BooR4dley; 09/20/2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Changed notification.
    Quote Originally Posted by BooR4dley View Post
    I'd love to see a photo album for exhibition mode on the TP that can display animated gifs. I've seen some people putting together something they call cinemagraphs, which are basically animated gifs that look like still photos with the exception of one moving element, such as the marquee above a theatre. I'd love to put these in a album and perhaps make my own.

LGT example photos. Moving Pictures: Stunning Photographs Brought to Life | WebUrbanist
    Very cool! Are you looking for an app which will display animated GIF's? Or are you looking for an app that will let you create animated GIF's directly on the TouchPad?

My app Slide RSS can definitely display them. The sample feed of Photobucket's Recent Photos will often have a couple of animated GIF's. Unfortunately, it appears that the on device Media Indexer won't index GIF's, animated or otherwise, so you'll have to put the photos onto a service which will let you create a Media RSS feed and accepts animated GIF's (like Photobucket).
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Just display, alongside normal photos while on my touchstone.

Am I to understand your app will pull from a personal Photobucket or Flickr account and display any images I've put in it including animated gifs?
    Just display, alongside normal photos while on my touchstone.

Am I to understand your app will pull from a personal Photobucket or Flickr account and display any images I've put in it including animated gifs?
    Yes, by using the Media RSS feed.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Purchased it and it's just what I've been looking for. Thanks!
    Purchased it and it's just what I've been looking for. Thanks!
    Glad it does what you are looking for and thanks for the purchase!