webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Blackboard/Math!
Blackboard/Math!

Old 09/20/2011, 08:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Practice your simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication & division) with Blackboard / Math!

Getting better at simple math operations has never been this easy!

(serious voice-over) This training game may increase you mental alertness.

You are welcome to post your feedback and issues on this forum. When issues are confirmed, I will track them on Github.

Blackboard Math! - source
ukabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2011, 08:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Blackboard / Math! is not yet available for Pre 3 users. I have some work to do to support the higher resolution of this device.

If you happen to be one of the few lucky Pre 3 owner and willing to test Blackboard/Math! on it, sent me a direct message with your e-mail address. I will send you the package when it's ready. Note that you must be confortable to work with developers tools and/or WOSQI to manually install packages on your device.

Old 09/24/2011, 10:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

is there a way for you to toggle the app to include/not-include problems with negative answers? I think for younger kids, it would better that we didn't have problems like 1-5=-4 until they get the basics down.
polaris_silvertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2011, 09:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris_silvertree View Post
is there a way for you to toggle the app to include/not-include problems with negative answers? I think for younger kids, it would better that we didn't have problems like 1-5=-4 until they get the basics down.
Thanks for the feedback. I should be able to add this option. Maybe I could add an 'easy' difficulty level that will not have problem wit negative numbers in operands and answer. This level could also limits the operands to be 10 or lower (currently, normal is <= 12 and hard is <= 24).

What do you think?

Last edited by ukabu; 09/26/2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09/26/2011, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

personally, I think kids are learning in 1st and 2nd grade harder subtraction (double digits) before really going into the negative number range. So in my opinion limiting that option to real easy problems is not ideal.
polaris_silvertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/27/2011, 10:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I don't want to clutter the start screen with too much options. I want to keep it straighforward. The 'easy' difficutty level would have achieved that.

I understand why it may not be the ideal solution for this option though. Also, from what you are saying, it may be that just removing negative numbers from subtration would make the problems too easy (right now the first operand is always <= 12 at the normal difficulty).

Maybe I should rethink the Difficulty choices and replace it with something more like Grade. Problems selections will then be more fine-tuned that it currently is.

I'll think about this a bit more.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0