Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pvster
  1.    #1  
    hello, this is an app request. I am a Deaf individual and I use a video relay service called purple vrs. They have software for pc, mac, android and iphone available for free and they are not interested in developing software for webOS or the touchpad to be specific. I am offering $50 to whomever is interested and successfully port p3 to the touchpad. Please pm me for details, thank you.
    bmagee likes this.
  2.    #2  
    wow 62 views and no interest? Ok the bounty is now $100. This is really needed and would benefit the deaf community. Please help!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    hope someone can help you out. btw 62 views really isnt too many, so try not to take it personally :P
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Is it open source?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    let's think about a more compelling title. What is P3?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    It looks like a facetime/skype video program optimized for signing. Pretty cool, but is it open?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  7.    #7  
    open source? no idea! but if someone's interested i'll contact their tech support and see what i can do to get them to hand me the source code. i even have a few people i know who work for the company that might give me an edge

p3 is a video calling software uses the video relay system that purple has in place. here is the website: Purple Communications

if you are interested, let me know and i'll get to work on trying to obtain the source code. the software itself is free so if someone can download it and break it apart that'd be awesome, i've no experience in that.
  8.    #8  
    btt
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i highly doubt anyone will do this unless you actually get confirmation by the company
  10.    #10  
    why does it matter regarding the company?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    you really dont know? lol.

how about taking a company's software, making changes or alterations and then releasing it. nobody here is going to do that unless you get the company's permission.
  12.    #12  
    it technically doesn't belong to the company considering it is a public service funded for and paid by the FCC using FCC sanctioned broadcast, etc. so "permission" at this level is pointless to begin with, not to mention the software is freely given out.

so anyone, please help the rest of us Deaf community who are left out of the ADA because we dont own an android or apple tablet.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    just because a software is freely given out does not mean its open source.
  14.    #14  
    ccx, I appreciate your input but I'm not here to argue. If you don't have anything constructive to add or anything positive to contribute, I ask that you try to be more advocating, thank you. This process is Already very difficult as it is.

update: I have yet to hear back from the company and have contacted several people within purple. I have also contacted the fcc. Ccx is right that there are copyrights on p3. That's ok because that just means we need to come up with something that we can present to purple As proof that the software is possible and the developer could easily sell their hard work to purple. I am not interested in a % or commission or whatever. I just want to motivate someone to help me get p3 useable on the touchpad and if needed encourage the developer sell it to purple. Us deaf webOS users desperately need this software. My offer still stands. Someone please help.