Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    So my Adobe PDF reader stopped loading up. It just pulls up the card and glows the Adobe PDF icon on me. I restarted the Touchpad and I still got the same effect. I then uninstalled it, but came to be disappointed that they don't provide it in the App Catalog!

Seriously a frustrating experience PDF-wise. The webOS is great but some of the included apps are half-baked, and the app market stinks. They don't even include a camera app by default... strange.

Enough with my ranting, I am wondering if there is another PDF reader, or will I have to wait for the CM7 port to get a robust PDF experience?

Thanks
    is there one imbedded with Quickoffice, or is this the same as the stock pdf viewer?
    there is one in Quickoffice but is very lacking......

Any one find anything better yet?
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    It's the same one and no there is nothing better - however there are patches available but the experience is still less than enjoyable. Which is why my touchpad is used with WebOS for messing around and android for serious work.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc38joe View Post
    there is one in Quickoffice but is very lacking......

Any one find anything better yet?
    It's the same one. If you open it via QO, it actually launches Adobe PDF. Also if you check the help for it, it says QuickOffice.
    Does Prereader not work on the touchpad?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

IDK, people complain about the PDF viewer in here, yes it needs improvements but so far it has met my needs for work opening 99% of my PDF emails.
    I registered just to second this. I can't believe this is the only pdf reader.

How is one supposed to read pdf that are in two page format? I have a PDF that has pages out of order when I veiw them on my Touchpad but works fine on the computer.
    The the Adobe pdf viewer is so basic it is pathetic.

I am a big fan of webOS. I went from pre- to android and back to pre- because it just works smoother and easier. I knew there were not that many apps on the Touchpad but when it can't even do the most basics of a tablet it makes you wonder what is wrong with the people who made it. They tried to charge $599 for this?

Sorry to be so negitive but I just want to read a pdf on my tablet correctly, hardly expecting that much
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    It's bad, the version on my Pixi is far worse even than the ancient PDF reader on my Treo Pro. For the Touchpad, I think there has been some work to port mupdf. Do a search for 'mupdf' and you should be able to find the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by fight4predom View Post
    I registered just to second this. I can't believe this is the only pdf reader.

How is one supposed to read pdf that are in two page format? I have a PDF that has pages out of order when I veiw them on my Touchpad but works fine on the computer.
    The the Adobe pdf viewer is so basic it is pathetic.

I am a big fan of webOS. I went from pre- to android and back to pre- because it just works smoother and easier. I knew there were not that many apps on the Touchpad but when it can't even do the most basics of a tablet it makes you wonder what is wrong with the people who made it. They tried to charge $599 for this?

Sorry to be so negitive but I just want to read a pdf on my tablet correctly, hardly expecting that much
    Actually there is a better PDF reader, the Picsel Smart Office. Also, there are patches available that can significantly improve the default reader: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3194859
    Quote Originally Posted by nithinphilips View Post
    Actually there is a better PDF reader, the Picsel Smart Office. Also, there are patches available that can significantly improve the default reader: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3194859
    Where do you find the Picsel Smart Office one? Is this only for webOS => 2.x? I don't see it on my Pre Plus or on their website - they list iOS, Android, Bada, Symbian, and soon Windows Mobile.
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 11/29/2011 at 02:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Where do you find the Picsel Smart Office one? Is this only for webOS => 2.x? I don't see it on my Pre Plus or on their website - they list iOS, Android, Bada, Symbian, and soon Windows Mobile.
    It's for the TouchPad.