Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

finally there is a new version of ReadOnTouch PRO available. This is the changelog:

- added: share-support for MeOrg! (new app by the developer of ReadOnTouch PRO!)
    - added: create PDF (with images!) of article (ebook / newspaper like)
    - added: added configurable line-spacing to font-dialog
    - changed: small layout changes in preferences dialog
    - changed: removed notification messages when backgroud-sync is not possible

Cheers,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Yes! unfortunately, I can't buy it. Maybe the developer should do something about it. It's a really nice app.
    Are you, or some other users from outside the app catalog area, still interested in the app? Then please send me an PM.

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Hi Sven. Really like this app and I use it often. Not enough since the list keeps growing but love it just the same. I find it really slow on the Veer compared to the TP. Is this normal? Any other app scrolls fine on the Veer but ReadOnTouch seems to struggle. I wish your browser patch to send a page to RoT was available on the Veer too. Thanks.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi hangten10!

Quote Originally Posted by hangten10 View Post
    Hi Sven. Really like this app and I use it often. Not enough since the list keeps growing but love it just the same. I find it really slow on the Veer compared to the TP. Is this normal? Any other app scrolls fine on the Veer but ReadOnTouch seems to struggle. I wish your browser patch to send a page to RoT was available on the Veer too. Thanks.
    I have to admit that ReadOnTouch PHONE has been very long without an update, but I'm currently planning to merge PRO and PHONE back to one version. I also have some more performance tweaks in my mind, but I'm not able to determine when I have the time to do it. I think MeOrg! works really well on my Veer, so I could do the same for ReadOnTouch.

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a brand-new article view (with images!), see the attached screenshot.

Do you like it?

Cheers,
    Sven
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a brand-new article view (with images!), see the attached screenshot.

Do you like it?

Cheers,
    Sven
    Is the software update that I'm been waiting for so long to come to this nice application for WebOS ? Last time that we spoke, I made such request to add images to the articles that we save into the application. Because you once, mentioned the limited API didn't allow such action, so probably that got fixed. Anyhow, great to this app updated once more with more features......Thanks, SvenZ. (P.S wish I could work with developers like such as yourself, badly needing assistance in building my app for WebOS) ;-)
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Is the software update that I'm been waiting for so long to come to this nice application for WebOS ? Last time that we spoke, I made such request to add images to the articles that we save into the application. Because you once, mentioned the limited API didn't allow such action, so probably that got fixed. Anyhow, great to this app updated once more with more features......Thanks, SvenZ. (P.S wish I could work with developers like such as yourself, badly needing assistance in building my app for WebOS) ;-)
    Yeah, they gave me a first access to their new beta api and I'm really digging into that. That will make this app so much more complete.

What do you need for help with your app?

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Good news everyone!

HP approved version 2.0 of ReadOnTouch PRO today and it's finally available in the HP App Catalog!

Here is an excerpt of the changelog:

- added: finally IMAGES are available in article view! clear your local data via preferences to see the changes!
    - added: ability to logout from current account
    - added: create new account from within the app
    - added: highlighting of search results in article list
    - changed: searchbox borders, now integrates seemlessly in article list
    - bugfix: checkboxes now work again as expected on the pre3
    - and some other bugfixes

Cheers,
    Sven

Good news everyone!

HP approved version 2.0 of ReadOnTouch PRO today and it's finally available in the HP App Catalog!

Here is an excerpt of the changelog:

- added: finally IMAGES are available in article view! clear your local data via preferences to see the changes!
    - added: ability to logout from current account
    - added: create new account from within the app
    - added: highlighting of search results in article list
    - changed: searchbox borders, now integrates seemlessly in article list
    - bugfix: checkboxes now work again as expected on the pre3
    - and some other bugfixes

Cheers,
    Sven
    Again big round of applause for you, SvenZ. Thanks for the great update, now I could finally save my article along with the images. Let me tell you, this was a much needed upgrade to make this application even much better than before. Keep the software updates coming, Please.....
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Thank you Sven! Works beautifully.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Thanks to both of you, I'm glad to read that.

Hopefully you already made some nice reviews in the app catalog? - That would be awesome!

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Have you sometimes been interested in ReadOnTouch PRO, but refused to test Pocket because you already have that many articles stored in Instapaper? - Pocket has the solution for you: You can easily import all your Instapaper articles to Pocket, with just a few clicks. Just visit: Pocket: Import Instapaper

Go, give it a try!

Cheers,
    Sven

Have you sometimes been interested in ReadOnTouch PRO, but refused to test Pocket because you already have that many articles stored in Instapaper? - Pocket has the solution for you: You can easily import all your Instapaper articles to Pocket, with just a few clicks. Just visit: Pocket: Import Instapaper

Go, give it a try!

Cheers,
    Sven
    Hi Svenz, thanks for ur efffort and I downloaded the readontouch pro, as well as the add to readontouch from preware. However, the ADD TO patch is not working. I have version 3.0.5-8. Update is available on Preware but I cannot update nor remove the Add To patch for the original browser. It always show

Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-to-readontouch.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/ActionBar.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserContextMenu.jsjsjs.$rej$

I am on touchpad with ver 3.0.5-86
    hope you can give me instruction to fix it.

thanks,
    louis
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi Louis!

Quote Originally Posted by louis_xiii View Post
    Hi Svenz, thanks for ur efffort and I downloaded the readontouch pro, as well as the add to readontouch from preware. However, the ADD TO patch is not working. I have version 3.0.5-8. Update is available on Preware but I cannot update nor remove the Add To patch for the original browser. It always show

Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-to-readontouch.prerm 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/ActionBar.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserContextMenu.jsjsjs.$rej$

I am on touchpad with ver 3.0.5-86
    hope you can give me instruction to fix it.

thanks,
    louis
    What other browser patches do you have installed? My patch did not work together with "add download link option" and "add to papermache".

Cheers,
    Sven

thanks Svenz, I have the 'Add Download Link' patch. Do I have to remove this patch?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louis_xiii View Post
    thanks Svenz, I have the 'Add Download Link' patch. Do I have to remove this patch?
    Yes, you have to remove it.

Cheers,
    Sven

Yes, you have to remove it.

Cheers,
    Sven
    Hello Sven,

I hope you been having a great spring season, I was curious to know if you have any other future projects for WebOS. It would be nice to hear about your upcoming app projects, so looking forward to see more great apps from you like ReadOnTouch Pro.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi PalmPixi_User23!

I'm sorry but I have no plans for any new app projects. I'm sticking with ReadOnTouch PRO and MeOrg!. On the latter I'm currently working and I already send an update of both apps to HP nearly a week ago, but the apps are still not approved...

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    ReadOnTouch PRO 3.0 for webOS is coming soon! See the screenshot for a preview!

Looks very nice!
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast