Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry for the circumstances regarding the last update, but I'm still not able to reproduce this failure on my own hardware, nor had any of my beta testers this trouble.

If you could give me some more informationes, e.g. your settings before the update, anything that you remember, it would help me to search and find this annoying bug.

And as lebem already stated: uninstalling the app, rebooting the device and reinstalling it again from the HP App Catalog solves this problem. And that you paid the app is stored in your HP webOS-Account. So don't worry, you only have to buy the app again if you ever change your webOS-Account.

Cheers,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thanks for your help. After the uninstall and reinstall (I'm not sure if I even rebooted in between), ReadOnTouch is back!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

a few days ago HP released the ReadOnTouch PRO 1.2.1 update. That version fixes the most annoying bugs from the previous version and it adds a new article-limit for some power-users.

Here is the changelog:
    - bugfix: no more blank screen when starting the app!
    - bugfix: marking article read / unread works again in offline mode
    - bugfix: article-limit works again as expected
    - bugfix: removed messages in notification area during background sync
    - bugfix: removed notification icon after adding a link in background mode
    - added: new article-limit of 2000

Cheers,
    Sven

Sven, thanks for the tip. After removing and reinstalling now everything is fine agian.
    Regards, Matthias

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Best regards,
    Papavonmaxi

HP Touchpad 32GB - HP Pre 3 - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

as some of you have noted there has been two updates in January released already. The current version, 1.2.3, should work properly!

I'm currently working on the next version, which will have some cool new features.

@papavonmaxi-pre: You are welcome!

Cheers,
    Sven

it seems there is no interest for an official update now, so if anybody wants to modify the super sharing mix to be able to use it with the PHONE version 2.2.4 (Pre2), here is how:

Use InternalzPro (linebreaking linux)
    go: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistent.is

in the last third of the file replace the old line with the one having "-phone" in it:

//this.readontouchappid = "com.sven-ziegler.readontouch";
    this.readontouchappid = "com.sven-ziegler.readontouch-phone";

someone more advanced could make this multiapp-id enabled like the spaz clients:
    [Patch] Browser - Sharing Super Mix Patch [2.1.0]
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi gizmo21!

I'm sorry, but I've forgotten about the patch for the PHONE version. One of my beloved beta testers said he worked on that patch, but I think he has some other stuff to do. So nobody worked on this one anymore.

Thank you for helping out!

It would be awesome if this could be merged into one patch! Maybe somebody can help?

Cheers,
    Sven

well perhaps i could merge this like the spaz part of the patch, but i can't really test the function other than testing my PHONE version i bought. I have a Pre3 but no PRO version on it.

Should i include the Beta appid too, or should it not/or does it not have the ability to get open-URL parameters?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Beta appid? Which beta? There is no beta available. There is a FREE version available, but it is not able to handle links from external.

I want to send you a promocode for ReadOnTouch PRO, if you really want to try to merge it into one patch. Just send me a private message or, even better, an email (from the about dialog in ReadOnTouch PHONE). You can write that mail in german, if you want.

Cheers,
    Sven

SharingSuperMix Patch for webbrowser now also sending to ReadOnTouch Phone (atm only for version 2.2.4)
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    SharingSuperMix Patch for webbrowser now also sending to ReadOnTouch Phone (atm only for version 2.2.4)
    Thank you very much for you support!

Cheers,
    Sven

added beta patch for download link on touchpad and then was unable to add readontouch patch. vice versa if i add readontouch patch, cannot add downloak link patch.
    no other patches installed at the time.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi bluenote!

For webos 3.0.5 there will be a new patch available, not made by me. Hopefully that version is more compatible with other patches, but in this special case I doubt it, because both patches modifies the exact same function in the browser. So I think you have to decide which patch you need more, or someone is able to merge them.

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone!

Two weeks ago the last update got published, version 1.3.0 and this was the changelog:

- added: scrollbar to article-view (TP only!)
    - added: remember last read article (TP only!)
    - added: rotation-lock (Pre3 only!)
    - added: automatically re-download empty articles with less optimizations
    - added: share via mail, messaging and copy-content is now available during offline usage
    - added: new help-dialog
    - added: sort order is now stored
    - bugfix: sort order is now correctly set after marking article read / unread
    - bugfix: swiping article to toggle read state will no more close the currently read article
    - bugfix: filter stays now active after toggling read state of an article
    - bugfix: toggle read state of article in webview now stops audio and video playback

Is there a feature that you are missing hardly? Just give me a comment!

Cheers,
    Sven

I tried the free version. When I attempted to get past the first screen (register to read it later) I got an error message 404, bad request.. I emailed developer to ask for support and did not get a reply..

So I purchased the pro version in the hope it would work....no luck. Same message. I.e. I have never gotten past the "friendly" "Let's get started page.

Help please.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi!

I am the developer and I kindly can not imagine that I did not answer any support mails. I have no single un-answered support-mail in my inbox. Sorry, maybe you wrote to somebody other?

Can you please tell me when you wrote the mail to me? Did you send the mail to the mail-adress mentioned in the about-dialog / help dialog? Maybe you could send me a direct message here in the forum and send me your mail adresse so I can have another look.

But anyway I hope we can fix it now together. Do you use ReadOnTouch PRO 1.3.0? Did your username and password combination work on readitlater.com?

Cheers,
    Sven

Probably sent message about a month ago...will have to search thru various "sent item" item folders to find actual date.

Yes I am using version 1.3.0.
    I have and can access readitlaterlist.com with the credentials I enter into readontouch app.

Interestingly enough the program moved mast the "let's get started" and now I get the "bad request" at the synchronizing screen. The dialog box states:

FAILURE!
    400 Bad Request
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi!

Failure code 400 means that there is a problem with the request itself, not with your username / password combination. But that is really interesting. Do you have any articles stored in your readitlater.com Account, or is it a fresh and empty account?

Cheers,
    Sven

There are three webpages posted to the ReadItLaterList.com file.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THWest52 View Post
    There are three webpages posted to the ReadItLaterList.com file.
    Could you please send me a mail again, so we can dig deeper into this? Send the mail via the help-dialog in the app itself, please.

Cheers,
    Sven

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast