Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Good news everyone,

the first version of ReadOnTouch FREE is now available in the HP App Catalog and this is also the first version for webOS 2.1 devices.

But be careful, performance-wise it is not the same on webOS 2.1 devices like on the HP Touchpad or HP Pre3. Don't expect too much out of it on slower devices. Hopefully it is useable on the HP Veer and the Palm Pre2. Just give me some much appreciated feedback, please.

You can grab it here!

For more informations have a look at this post: ReadOnTouch: FREE version finally submitted / webOS 2.1 support! | sven-ziegler.com

Best regards,
    SvenZ
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    Good news everyone,

the first version of ReadOnTouch FREE is now available in the HP App Catalog and this is also the first version for webOS 2.1 devices.
    That's great! But is it time limited? If so, till when? I'm ok with Relego for now!

- Nov
    Game over!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everybody,

here you can find the limitations in the FREE version: ReadOnTouch FREE: This are the limitations | sven-ziegler.com

Best regards,
    SvenZ

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi GreenHex!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    That's great! But is it time limited? If so, till when? I'm ok with Relego for now!

- Nov
    No, the time is not limited. But just have a quick look at my following post.

I'm also sad to tell you that developers are not allowed by HP to sell their apps outside the HP app catalog. Don't ask me if KalemSoft has a special permission or not, I don't know.

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everybody,

here you can find the limitations in the FREE version: ReadOnTouch FREE: This are the limitations | sven-ziegler.com

Best regards,
    SvenZ

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

HP just released the ReadOnTouch PRO update. I hope you'll enjoy it! :-)

- added: mark articles unread
    - added: new fonts: prelude & verdana
    - added: powerscoll (2-finger scoll up/down)
    - added (tp only): configurable maximize article-view in portrait-mode
    - improved: back-swipe on pre3 in article-view now gets you back to the article-list
    - bugfix: fixed encoding problem with special characters in username / password (except the '#')
    - bugfix: locally read articles will no longer be deleted after synchronisation
    - bugfix: adding a link to ReadOnTouch from the article-view won't close the article afterwards

Do you like the update?

You can grab your copy here:
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...er.readontouch

Best regards,
    SvenZ

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

HP just released the ReadOnTouch PRO update. I hope you'll enjoy it! :-)

- added: mark articles unread
    - added: new fonts: prelude & verdana
    - added: powerscoll (2-finger scoll up/down)
    - added (tp only): configurable maximize article-view in portrait-mode
    - improved: back-swipe on pre3 in article-view now gets you back to the article-list
    - bugfix: fixed encoding problem with special characters in username / password (except the '#')
    - bugfix: locally read articles will no longer be deleted after synchronisation
    - bugfix: adding a link to ReadOnTouch from the article-view won't close the article afterwards

Do you like the update?

You can grab your copy here:
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...er.readontouch

Best regards,
    SvenZ

<<threads merged - please do not cross-post>>
    Tried the Free version yesterday and liked it, so went ahead and bought the PRO version and now there's already an update available, great! Keep it coming ^^
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I have bought and tested the Pro version yesterday (after fiddling with the free version for a few minutes). It's a great tool, but nevertheless I have some ideas for improvements:

• Please add previous/next buttons to the article pane. Clicking a link within the article (in the web view) opens the new link, but there is no way to get back again (as the TouchPad is missing a gesture area). This I have observed in many applications and is quite annoying.
    • Swiping an article out of the list always shows the question "Mark this item read?" - even when applied to an already read article. Shouldn't it be "Mark this item unread?" then?
    • Support RIL tags in your application.

... and a question:
    I have set the articles to download to 50 - how do I download the next articles after having read most of them? Pressing reload in the article list doesn't change anything.

Thanks,
    Gerald
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi T-Pad!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    I have bought and tested the Pro version yesterday (after fiddling with the free version for a few minutes). It's a great tool, but nevertheless I have some ideas for improvements:
    I'm happy to read that you like it, and as always I really appreciate any kind of feedback

• Please add previous/next buttons to the article pane. Clicking a link within the article (in the web view) opens the new link, but there is no way to get back again (as the TouchPad is missing a gesture area). This I have observed in many applications and is quite annoying.
    If you want full control of navigation, than you should open the aricle in an external browser. The one builtin is not designed for that navigation, only for showing the site as it looks normally. So I hope you can live with that?

• Swiping an article out of the list always shows the question "Mark this item read?" - even when applied to an already read article. Shouldn't it be "Mark this item unread?" then?
    Thanks for pointing that out, I've put it on my todo list.

• Support RIL tags in your application.
    That is in curently in work and will be in the next version!

... and a question:
    I have set the articles to download to 50 - how do I download the next articles after having read most of them? Pressing reload in the article list doesn't change anything.
    Fetching articles in this way is currently not supported by the RIL API. If you mark articles as read and sync again, than only new articles will be downloaded. If there are only old articles available, than nothing will get downloaded. As I workaround I can recommend you to clear your local data in the preferences once. After that you get fresh 50 articles.

It looks like a have to think about how to keep exactly 50 articles on the device... Hmm..

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everybody,

I just want to inform the Pre3 users of ReadOnTouch PRO that there is finally a patch available in the Preware feeds (for U.S. only, currently). Just search for "ReadOnTouch" inside Preware. Have fun and enjoy it, it really makes the app much more use- and powerful on that device. I'm already loving it.

For all non-U.S. customers, please have a look here: ReadOnTouch PRO: Browser Patch for Pre3 (almost) available | sven-ziegler.com

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

I have just started a free giveaway of ReadOnTouch PHONE to potentially everyone who bought the PRO version. You can find the criterias here: ReadOnTouch PHONE: Free giveaway for potentially every PRO customer! | sven-ziegler.com

I hope you like the idea!

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

the browser-patch for the Pre3 is finally available for webOS 2.2.0 and 2.2.3! So, have fun! I could not imagine to ever live without it again.

Big thanks to @linuxq who made this great patch!

Cheers,
    Sven

any news on the sharing super mix patch for 2.1 ?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi gizmo21!

I#'m still waiting for it, too! I will request a status update by the person who was willing to do this for me. If there is any progress I will inform you in this thread.

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

HP just released my major update for ReadOnTouch PRO. I've added some nice features like background synchronization, tag-support and a brandnew fullscreen mode.

You can see the full changelog here: ReadOnTouch PRO: Major update 1.2.0 released! | sven-ziegler.com

I hope you will enjoy it!

Cheers,
    Sven

PS: This version also includes the "copy article content to clipboard" feature, requested in this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Seems that since the most recent update of the pro version, all I get is a gray screen and nothing else happens. I'm afraid to uninstall it if it means I have to rebuy the app. Suggestions?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Having the same problem as of a few days ago. You can delete and reinstall w/out re-buying (which I tried to no effect, though I plan to try one more time, this time rebooting the Touchpad before reinstalling.)

However any help from the dev would be appreciated.
    Last edited by lebem; 12/10/2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hangten10 View Post
    Seems that since the most recent update of the pro version, all I get is a gray screen and nothing else happens. I'm afraid to uninstall it if it means I have to rebuy the app. Suggestions?
    Ok... Removing, restarting, and reinstalling seems to have worked. I now have my articles back. So for others having trouble, this does seem to do the trick. The restart is however essential. I did a full device restart, I don't know if a Luna restart would have sufficed.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast