Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 203
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    Hi bluenote!



    May I ask you what you wanna do?

    Cheers,
    Sven
    Cut and paste pieces of it.
  2. svzi's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
       #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Cut and paste pieces of it.
    That's the reason that this files are only available for this app, because I want nobody to be able to modify them (cut something for example).

    I've already looked for something to fulfil your request, but there was no solution that had been easy to implement. I'm sorry for that, but there are some features that are way more often requested than this and even more important to me.

    I will look again the next week and maybe I find a easy solution to put this feature into the next release, but I won't promise that.

    Cheers,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

    ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    That's the reason that this files are only available for this app, because I want nobody to be able to modify them (cut something for example).

    Cheers,
    Sven
    I'm not sure why you want no one to cut and paste from the articles. Or maybe I misunderstand what you are saying? I just had someone else from our office buy this app for touchpad also. Of course when we are online, we can visit websites and cut and paste to send to each other as much as we need, but then there is no reason for us to have the app-we have it for the offline feature.

    Thanks!
  4. svzi's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
       #104  
    Hi bluenote!

    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I'm not sure why you want no one to cut and paste from the articles. Or maybe I misunderstand what you are saying? I just had someone else from our office buy this app for touchpad also. Of course when we are online, we can visit websites and cut and paste to send to each other as much as we need, but then there is no reason for us to have the app-we have it for the offline feature.
    As I've mentioned before. Cuttings means modifying the articles. Maybe you are talking about copy & paste? That is really something different than cut & paste.

    But even if I send you an private message which the locations of the files, you could not easily find it, because the filenames are just internal ids that aren't shown anywhere inside my app...

    Cheers,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

    ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    Hi bluenote!



    As I've mentioned before. Cuttings means modifying the articles. Maybe you are talking about copy & paste? That is really something different than cut & paste.

    But even if I send you an private message which the locations of the files, you could not easily find it, because the filenames are just internal ids that aren't shown anywhere inside my app...

    Cheers,
    Sven
    Yes, sorry, copy and paste.

    Thanks
  6. svzi's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
       #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Yes, sorry, copy and paste.
    I really don't like the idea that everybody could modify and read the files, so I ask you for a little more patience. I will have a look the next few days. Maybe it would be enough for you to copy the whole article-content and than filter it yourself in another app? You know what I mean?

    Cheers,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

    ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    I really don't like the idea that everybody could modify and read the files, so I ask you for a little more patience. I will have a look the next few days. Maybe it would be enough for you to copy the whole article-content and than filter it yourself in another app? You know what I mean?

    Cheers,
    Sven
    Whatever you can do is fine. Thanks.
  8. svzi's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
       #108  
    Hi bluenote!

    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Whatever you can do is fine. Thanks.
    Good news for you: I've just implemented this feature and it works. The next version I will push to HP will have an additional entry in the share-menu, allowing you to copy the article content to the clipboard. Just have a look at the attached screenshot.

    Hope you will have fun with it. ;-)

    Cheers,
    Sven
    Attached Images Attached Images
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

    ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
    petpie likes this.
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    Just let the users decide if they want to use ReadItLater with ReadOnTouch or InstaPaper with PaperMache, so please don't use this thread to promote or support your app. Thanks a lot.
    When someone comments on Paper Mache and compared the features with ReadOnTouch, I dont think its unreasonable to address these comments, particularly because I'm in a position to know.

    You've clearly written an application in the same market, knowing what was already available. You have a financial incentive to restrict dicussion to just your app. If 1000 more people purchase your app, you make $2000. If 1000 more people use Paper Mache I still make $0.

    I dont think its unreasonable to respond to comments about the performance or features of my application, particulary when its compared to similar applications. Everyone is free to pick what works best for them with a good understanding of the pros and cons of each.
    --
    @ryanwatkins

    Paper Mache / @papermacheapp
    http://www.ryanwatkins.net/software/papermache/
  10. svzi's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
       #110  
    Hi rwatkins!

    Quote Originally Posted by rwatkins View Post
    You've clearly written an application in the same market, knowing what was already available.
    There were no RIL clients available that fulfiled my needs. Using InstaPaper was no solution for me, because I've got way too many articles already in RIL.

    I dont think its unreasonable to respond to comments about the performance or features of my application, particulary when its compared to similar applications. Everyone is free to pick what works best for them with a good understanding of the pros and cons of each.
    I did not call it unreasonable or something similar. I just don't want other apps, from the same market as you called it, to be promoted in this thread.

    I just asked myself if you are actually in position to compare the performance of our two apps? I'm not, that's the reason why I answered Garfonso on his performance question that I don't know. And I also don't know if you have already my still-waiting-for-review ReadOnTouch PHONE version, which is specially created for webOS 2.1 devices. So I found your comment inappropriate, because you also did not know anything about ReadOnTouch on webOS 2.1 device.

    That was what I meant with my request to promote your app in your own thread. Don't post things about my app that you don't know.

    Cheers,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

    ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
  11. #111  
    I just asked myself if you are actually in position to compare the performance of our two apps?
    Yes, I own a Pre3 and have have both apps.

    So I found your comment inappropriate, because you also did not know anything about ReadOnTouch on webOS 2.1 device.
    This thread is about the Pre3, in the "HP Pre3" forum, which is not a webOS 2.1 device.

    I guess you could read it another way - maybe you're discussing an unreleased version for non-Pre3 devices, but I was comparing the publicly available versions for the device this forum is devoted to.

    The question was "Does it really run much better on the phone than papermache?"

    As some thats used both, I was responding. ReadOnTouch has issues where the 'Article-View settings' or 'Add new Article are clipped' on the Pre3 in portrait. Or where the list can be empty of items but clicking on it still shows an article. For a variety of reasons I feel Paper Mache is better - paged mode, organization offline, clean user interface, less bugs, whatever - but I was also clear about where my bias was.

    I guess if you want to compare unreleased versions of Paper Mache to unreleased versions of ReadOnTouch, then *nobody* is going to be in any position to compare.

    That was what I meant with my request to promote your app in your own thread.
    I'm not promoting my app unprompted, I'm addressing questions and comments raised by others about Paper Mache. And will continue to do so in public forums, regardless of whether you think this thread is "yours".


    So, enjoying that "power scroll" code you are using in your application?
    --
    @ryanwatkins

    Paper Mache / @papermacheapp
    http://www.ryanwatkins.net/software/papermache/
  12. svzi's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
       #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwatkins View Post
    This thread is about the Pre3, in the "HP Pre3" forum, which is not a webOS 2.1 device.
    Yes, you are right and I'm sorry. It looks like I misunderstood your answer to Garfonso. "Older webos issues" were for me older webos (<2.2) issues and I did not know how you could judge that. But now I understand that you meant something different.

    But the way you appear here in this thread did make me feel bad for you. There is so much bitterness, that's really disappointing. Do you really need to assure the users that your app is the best available to read articles later? I still believe that the users should decide. This type of "discussion" is not what I want to do. If you feel better now, than I'm happy for you.

    So, enjoying that "power scroll" code you are using in your application?
    Perfect example, Ryan. You post your "power scroll" code in public on twitter for everyone to read and use(!), and than come to me with this kind of question? What is your problem? I'm not the one telling the others that your app has this bug, and that weakness and so on. But if you need this to feel better: you are welcome.

    Maybe your app has less bugs, or maybe you find your user interface cleaner. It's okay, because that is your opinion and I like my user interface more (comparing from screenshots) and my app is just available for over two weeks now. Not since June like Paper Mache. I'm continous working on my app to get it better. So hopefully in the near future the users have two good apps for read it later to decide on. One for ReadItLater and one for InstaPaper.

    So please calm down. This is no benefit for us or the users if we decide to battle each other in this fashion. That's just childish.

    Cheers,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

    ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
  13. #113  
    I just responded to some comments about Paper Mache from another user - my response was to their comment, not yours. Someone asked about both apps, I provided some useful answers and my view on the features of the two, and was very obvious about why I felt mine was "better" - because I wrote it, I'd be biased and even included the I guess obligatory smiley.

    What I took offense at, was your comment that I should go away, because you wanted people to only discuss your app here, and that it shouldn't be compared to others.
    --
    @ryanwatkins

    Paper Mache / @papermacheapp
    http://www.ryanwatkins.net/software/papermache/
  14. svzi's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
       #114  
    Hi Ryan!

    Quote Originally Posted by rwatkins View Post
    What I took offense at, was your comment that I should go away, because you wanted people to only discuss your app here, and that it shouldn't be compared to others.
    I never told you to go away and I never posted anywhere in the web that my app should not be compared to others. Maybe you should read my posts better the next time.

    The users are free to discuss which app is better, with all the pros and cons, but I don't think we developers should do this for them. I just don't like it when I'm trying to introduce my app to the users here that you come to the thread I've made for that introduction and tell the users that your app has less bugs and whatsoever you felt like you had to say to favor your app. That's not my prefered way.

    Cheers,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

    ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
  15. #115  
    Easy guys.

    I thank both of you for your answers to my questions. And I'm sorry, that it produced such a fuss... please stop it.

    I, too, think the users should decide, which app to use. And in my opinion both your answers to my questions were very helpful for making my decision. I guess other users will feel similar.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    I never told you to go away and I never posted anywhere in the web that my app should not be compared to others. Maybe you should read my posts better the next time.
    You said:

    "don't use this thread to promote or support your app"
    "I just don't want other apps, from the same market as you called it, to be promoted in this thread. "
    "promote your app in your own thread. Don't post things about my app that you don't know"

    You're clearly saying:
    I should not be posting responses to others about Paper Mache here.
    Nobody should be discussing Paper Mache in relation to yours.

    I think thats wrong.

    When I notice disucssion of my application, I'm likely to respond as well.

    The users are free to discuss which app is better, with all the pros and cons, but I don't think we developers should do this for them.
    I disagree. I'm just as free to discuss the pros and cons of the apps as anyone.

    tell the users that your app has less bugs and whatsoever you felt like you had to say to favor your app.
    I mentioned this because when I responded, in a light and humerous tone, that my app was "better", you questioned whether I was in a position to know whether it was better.

    So I made a more specific comment about why *I* felt it was better. Maybe others disagree that its better, maybe you disagree. Everyone is going to make their own choice, but its best if its a well informed choice. I was simply providing my opinion based on someone's question, with some facts to back it up -- when you questioned my ability to compare the two.

    That's not my prefered way.
    Then *you* do it that way, but dont try and impose that on others.

    I am a user as well as a developer, and I'm free to discuss the pros and cons of apps, and I'm free to respond to comments discussing my application.
    --
    @ryanwatkins

    Paper Mache / @papermacheapp
    http://www.ryanwatkins.net/software/papermache/
  17. svzi's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
       #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwatkins View Post
    blah blah blah
    You could support your app here, but support is not the same thing as promote. I just asked you to do me a favor and do not promote your app in this thread. That's all I was asking for, but it's apparently to much to ask you for.

    And as I've mentioned before I just said that we developers should not rate our own apps, because every dev says that his app is the best. That are no breaking news, even if you might think so. That is just a bad stlye.

    And stop talking about facts when you just post your thesis here. Or is it a fact that your app has less bugs? Who has judged it? And because I do not post bugs of your app here to make me feel better means not that your app did not have any bugs. If you think so, that would be really really naive. And I'm sorry that I did not spend any time with your app because I could not care any less.

    So the bug-thesis is no fact, that is just your opinion. Same thing with the cleaner user interface, for example. When I see screenshots of your app, I really did not think your ui is cleaner. But that doesn't matter, because it's only an opinion. Just try to sell your thesis as your opinion and not as facts.

    Cheers,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

    ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
  18. #118  
    I just noticed I have the following two patches installed
    Add to ReadOnTouch v3.0.4-22 - Sven Ziegler ---- installed 10/31/11
    and
    readontouch v3.0.4-1 - Unknown ----- installed 11/6/11

    Should I remove the v3.0.4-1 patch?
  19. svzi's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
       #119  
    Hi gergev!

    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    I just noticed I have the following two patches installed
    Add to ReadOnTouch v3.0.4-22 - Sven Ziegler ---- installed 10/31/11
    and
    readontouch v3.0.4-1 - Unknown ----- installed 11/6/11

    Should I remove the v3.0.4-1 patch?
    Yes, give it a try. Looks like that could be the old patch from my website. If it did not work anymore after removing, please give me some feedback. Thanks in advance.

    Cheers,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

    ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
  20. svzi's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
       #120  
    Good new everyone,

    the first version of ReadOnTouch FREE is now available in the HP App Catalog and this is also the first version for webOS 2.1 devices.

    But be careful, performance-wise it is not the same on webOS 2.1 devices like on the HP Touchpad or HP Pre3. Don't expect too much out of it on slower devices. Hopefully it is useable on the HP Veer and the Palm Pre2. Just give me some much appreciated feedback, please.

    You can grab it here!

    For more informations have a look at this post: ReadOnTouch: FREE version finally submitted / webOS 2.1 support! | sven-ziegler.com

    Best regards,
    SvenZ
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

    ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE

Posting Permissions