Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Yes! unfortunately, I can't buy it. Maybe the developer should do something about it. It's a really nice app.
    Game over!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Yes! unfortunately, I can't buy it. Maybe the developer should do something about it. It's a really nice app.
    ... as in it isn't on your app catalogue, or it says 'purchase failed'?

In the latter case, close and restart the app catalogue and try again. It happens to me all the time.

Please don't blame the developers for app catalogue related issues
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi GreenHex!

I'm the developer. Can you tell me why you are not able to buy it? Are paid-apps available in your country?

Cheers,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi Andyf!

Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers,
    Sven

Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    No. No. I am not blaming the developer at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    I'm the developer. Can you tell me why you are not able to buy it? Are paid-apps available in your country?
    Paid apps are not available in my country (India).

But I was thinking that maybe some developers would make their apps available "offline". Like "Kalemsoft Media Player", which I purchased directly from their website over here: KalemSoft - Store.
    Game over!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi GreenHex!

>Paid apps are not available in my country (India).

But I was thinking that maybe some developers would make their apps available "offline". Like "Kalemsoft Media Player", which I purchased directly from their website over here: KalemSoft - Store.
    I don't know if this works on the Pre3, but on the Touchpad you have the ability change the country from a newly created profile. So you can choose for example America und than pay with an american prepaid credit card.

I must evaluate if I'm allowed (and on what restrictions) to distribute my apps outside the app catalog. I've already mailed HP. Hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

Cheers,
    Sven

So you can choose for example America und than pay with an american prepaid credit card.

I must evaluate if I'm allowed (and on what restrictions) to distribute my apps outside the app catalog. I've already mailed HP. Hopefully I'll get an answer soon.
    Thanks for your consideration. The problem is getting the prepaid CC. I have the TouchPad BTW.

- mvk
    Game over!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Thanks for your consideration. The problem is getting the prepaid CC. I have the TouchPad BTW.
    Why is that a problem?

Or maybe it would work with your normal credit card, too. I just don't know. Had you tried?

Cheers,
    Sven

Or maybe it would work with your normal credit card, too. I just don't know. Had you tried?
    Of-course, I've tried, that is the first thing I did with both my Pre and TP.

I think there is another thread in these forums on how to get a pre-paid US CC.

- mvk
    Game over!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi GreenHex!

Of-course, I've tried, that is the first thing I did with both my Pre and TP.

I think there is another thread in these forums on how to get a pre-paid US CC.

- mvk
    As soon as I got a response from HP I will post the conlusion regarding that issue here.

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everybody,

I’ve just submitted the second update to the HP App Catalog. Here is a quick changelog:

- added: mark articles unread
    - added: new fonts: prelude & verdana
    - added: powerscoll (2-finger scoll up/down)
    - added (tp only): configurable maximize article-view in portrait-mode
    - improved: back-swipe on pre3 in article-view now gets you back to the article-list
    - bugfix: fixed encoding problem with special characters in username / password (except the ‘#’)
    - bugfix: locally read articles will no longer be deleted after synchronisation
    - bugfix: adding a link to ReadOnTouch from the article-view won’t close the article afterwards

Hope you enjoy the second update!

Cheers,
    Sven

joe_doe likes this.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everybody,

I’ve just submitted the second update to the HP App Catalog. Here is a quick changelog:

- added: mark articles unread
    - added: new fonts: prelude & verdana
    - added: powerscoll (2-finger scoll up/down)
    - added (tp only): configurable maximize article-view in portrait-mode
    - improved: back-swipe on pre3 in article-view now gets you back to the article-list
    - bugfix: fixed encoding problem with special characters in username / password (except the ‘#’)
    - bugfix: locally read articles will no longer be deleted after synchronisation
    - bugfix: adding a link to ReadOnTouch from the article-view won’t close the article afterwards

Hope you enjoy the second update!

Cheers,
    Sven

I'm using papermache right now. This is great on the TP but very laggy on the Pre3 (and even tends to cause serious issues to the device sometimes ) I know that there are other instapaper clients that work better on the phone (i.e. sparetime ), but I like the sync that papermache does...

It really works great. I can move articles to different folders or archive them without network connection and that gets synced perfectly. It can even sync the read position, so in theory I could start reading on my TP and stop in the middle of an article and could then continue on the Pre3 at the same place...

So.. how does read on touch work? I know there are differences in read it later and instapaper. Is the read and unread status synced properly? Can I add tags in the app and sync them later? Or can I at least add tags at all?

What happens if you click on a link in a downloaded article? For example if the article contains a link to a second page... This is another thing I currently like on Papermache. It gives options to open the link in the webbrowser or add the link to papermache (which immediately downloads the article). What is missing is the option to open a "stripped" optimized version of the webpage in the browser like sparetime does. So what happens on read on touch?

And the last question: Does it really run much better on the phone than papermache?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi Garfonso!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Is the read and unread status synced properly?
    Yes. :-)

Can I add tags in the app and sync them later? Or can I at least add tags at all?
    I'm working on supporting tags, because I think it is really important, but the version I've just submitted did not support tags.

What happens if you click on a link in a downloaded article? For example if the article contains a link to a second page... This is another thing I currently like on Papermache. It gives options to open the link in the webbrowser or add the link to papermache (which immediately downloads the article). What is missing is the option to open a "stripped" optimized version of the webpage in the browser like sparetime does. So what happens on read on touch?
    It's sounds like ReadOnTouch PRO and PaperMache act equal in that situation. A link opens a popup where you can add the link to ReadOnTouch PRO or you can open the full-view in the browser. There will be no stripped version in the browser, because I don't see any usage for that behavior right now.

And the last question: Does it really run much better on the phone than papermache?
    I really don't know, because I've no Instapaper subscription and there is no reason why I would pay a monthly fee for some service like that. So I can't give you an answer to this. But there will be soon a FREE version of ReadOnTouch available. You can use it, with some limitations, to check the performance and its overall behavior compared to PaperMache and other apps.

Cheers,
    Sven

Svenz

Is your app able to grab a whole site like the wall street journal for that day or say the NYTimes? On the ipad there are specific WSJ and NYT apps that download the whole paper for the day so you can read the whole thing on the commute to work. Can something similar be done with Readon?

Thanks
    When an article is downloaded, where is it on the TouchPad and in what format?

thanks!
    I'm using papermache right now. This is great on the TP but very laggy on the Pre3 (and even tends to cause serious issues to the device sometimes ) I know that there are other instapaper clients that work better on the phone (i.e. sparetime )
    There is a new 1.3.0 version of Paper Mache out that should be faster on the Pre3 now that I have a device to test on. The biggest performance issue was related to the calculations to draw the scroll indicator - it was faster in 'paged' mode.

There are still some scrolling / sliding issues - usually when the window gets resized due to a notification (something that doesnt happen on the TouchPad), and when in the middle of syncing a number of items.

It really works great. I can move articles to different folders or archive them without network connection and that gets synced perfectly. It can even sync the read position, so in theory I could start reading on my TP and stop in the middle of an article and could then continue on the Pre3 at the same place.
    Yea, I do this regularly - pick up where I left off in an article between the Pre3 and TouchPad. With the new version 1.3.0 you can also now do this on your Pre+, Pre2 and Veer (webOS 2.x).
    You're also now able to add articles while offline (synced up once you're online).

What is missing is the option to open a "stripped" optimized version of the webpage in the browser like sparetime does. So what happens on read on touch?
    I'd like to address this by adding a Browser patch that uses Instapaper or Readability to generated a clean readable version of any web page, not just links from Paper Mache.

I've also just submitted a fix for the "Super Sharing Mix" Patch/Tweak for the Pre3 - as soon as webos-internals approve it, it should be available via Preware and you can use all those sharing features, including to Instapaper, on your Pre3.

I would say no, that Paper Mache better details with the small screen sizes and older webOS issues, but I'm biased.
    --
    @ryanwatkins

Paper Mache / @papermacheapp
    http://www.ryanwatkins.net/software/papermache/
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi rwatkins!

Just let the users decide if they want to use ReadItLater with ReadOnTouch or InstaPaper with PaperMache, so please don't use this thread to promote or support your app. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi FesterTreo!

Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Is your app able to grab a whole site like the wall street journal for that day or say the NYTimes? On the ipad there are specific WSJ and NYT apps that download the whole paper for the day so you can read the whole thing on the commute to work. Can something similar be done with Readon?
    I don't think you, but I have not tried it. It would work if all the articles where on the main site, but I think that were all different URLs. So you have to choose the articles you want to read manually and put them to ReadOnTouch / ReadItLater. That's how it is supposed to work. For your request it would be necessary to scan and download all links inside an article, and store the results, too. I have no plan of implementing such a feature.

It would be easier for you to grab their RSS feeds and simple select all the articles you want to read and push it to ReadItLater directy. Than you can sync ReadOnTouch and all your articles would be downloaded to your device. Maybe that is an solution for you?

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi bluenote!

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    When an article is downloaded, where is it on the TouchPad and in what format?
    May I ask you what you wanna do?

Cheers,
    Sven

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast