Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi T-Pad,

I've no time table on that right now. But if there is some serious interest by some people, I will try to realize it within the next one or two weeks.

Who is interested in a free trial version, except T-Pad?

Best regards,
    SvenZ
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everybody,

I've just submitted the first update to the HP App Catalog. Here is a quick changelog:

- improved: content of the article-view is really pretty now (attention: you have to clear your local data to see the improvement!)
    - improved (pre3 only): article-view has more visible space
    - improved (pre3 only): App uses now the full screen-height
    - added: 3 new themes: paperback, amber/black, green/black
    - bugfix: fixed encoding problem with some websites, now all articles can be marked as read!
    - bugfix (pre3 only): online state is no more controlled by wifi access

Attached is a first look to one of the new themes (my favorite one!) in the new article-view on the Pre3.

Hope you enjoy the first update! :-)

Best regards,
    SvenZ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    Hi gergev,

I'm sadly no expert in patching, but I believe there is a conflict with another installed patch. Maybe the "Download Link" patch is still installed, but cannot be removed because it is not official available in the Preware Feed for 3.0.4 or something stupid like that?

But please don't mix the default browser and the Advanced Browser. The Advanced Browser is a completely different product. For the Advanced Browser is no patch available, because the next release (1.2.6) has it builtin. But the submission of that version seems to be still pending. So I hope it will be out very soon.

Best regards,
    SvenZ
    I got the Add to ReadOn Touch patch installed after a doctor. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi gergev,

nice to read that! Hope you can now enjoy the app. :-)

Best regards,
    SvenZ

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

just a quick note: the Advanced Browser, with builtin ReadOnTouch-Support, has just been released in the HP App Catalog (version 1.2.6). So if you use ReadOnTouch PRO and the Advanced Browser, go for the update to get all possible comfort using that two apps together!

Best regards,
    Sven Ziegler

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

just another quick note: the public beta get outdated yesterday. So you are not able to work with it anymore. As you all know, the beta has ended because the app is available for about a week in the app catalog. All users of that beta had enough time to test it and decide if the app is worth the money. :-)

Best regards,
    Sven Ziegler

Bought it.
    Looks nice and opens advanced browser but doesn't download articles.

I tried it with one new article and it won't download.

Plus there were 3 articles I already had in my ReaditLater account. All 3 show up with different headlines in the app and open to their appropriate content in the browser but
    in the app, there is the same content for each article!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi bluenote!

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Bought it.
    Looks nice and opens advanced browser but doesn't download articles.

I tried it with one new article and it won't download.

Plus there were 3 articles I already had in my ReaditLater account. All 3 show up with different headlines in the app and open to their appropriate content in the browser but
    in the app, there is the same content for each article!
    Try to go the preferences first, and check if the "auto download articles" is still enabled. If it is, then please click the "clear local data" in the same dialog, down below. After that go back to the article list and hit the refresh icon at the bottom of the list. Can you explain me what happends now? Is the app downloading something? Are any errors shown?

If this did not work as you expect, please try to explain as much as possible. It would be also really helpful if you send me those links via Private Message here at the forum or at my email adress (shown in the about-dialog in the app).

Best regards,
    Sven

Hi bluenote!

Try to go the preferences first, and check if the "auto download articles" is still enabled. If it is, then please click the "clear local data" in the same dialog, down below. After that go back to the article list and hit the refresh icon at the bottom of the list. Can you explain me what happends now? Is the app downloading something? Are any errors shown?

If this did not work as you expect, please try to explain as much as possible. It would be also really helpful if you send me those links via Private Message here at the forum or at my email adress (shown in the about-dialog in the app).

Best regards,
    Sven
    OK, pm'ed with the link that did not download. I tried it on another TouchPad and it also did not download (but worked fine with TouchFeeds app).

Another site worked fine for me. I am wondering if you could integrate copy and paste into the downloaded articles?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi bluenote!

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    OK, pm'ed with the link that did not download. I tried it on another TouchPad and it also did not download (but worked fine with TouchFeeds app).
    I did not recieve a PM yet. Sure you send it to me?

Another site worked fine for me. I am wondering if you could integrate copy and paste into the downloaded articles?
    You mean selecting text inside the article view and copy it for using otherwise?

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi T-Pad!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    When it is planned to release the free version resp. what is its name?

Searching for ReadOnTouch in the App Catalog shows only the pro-version in the results.
    I just want to inform you, and everyone else who is interested, that I'm currently working on the free version. I hope I can submit it in the next few days to the HP app catalog.

So stay tuned for the free version, but you must know that the free version will only showcase you what the pro version does. You will likely see everything like in the pro version, but you have a number of limitations. By using this free version you will sure get an exact impression if that app works in your favor. So you can test it before you spend the money.

Cheers,
    Sven!

heyyu likes this.
    Hi T-Pad,

I've no time table on that right now. But if there is some serious interest by some people, I will try to realize it within the next one or two weeks.

Who is interested in a free trial version, except T-Pad?

Best regards,
    SvenZ
    I'd definitely appreciate a trial version or some sort. I just missed the beta so wasn't able to check that out.

cheers
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi varriform!

Quote Originally Posted by varriform View Post
    I'd definitely appreciate a trial version or some sort. I just missed the beta so wasn't able to check that out.
    Just see my message above. I'm currently working on a free, but limited, version. I will update this thread as soon as the version gets pushed to HP for review.

Cheers,
    Sven!

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I just want to inform you, and everyone else who is interested, that I'm currently working on the free version.
    That's great - thank you Sven.

So stay tuned for the free version, but you must know that the free version will only showcase you what the pro version does.
    Of course - I didn't expect something else.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Asking this again, is there a way to separate saved articles into subsections? paper mache allows me to separate into folders/subsections like 'technology' and 'sports' so I have a neat column instead of a bunch of articles all mixed . It's the only thing stopping me from switching over!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi nicoxcx!

Quote Originally Posted by nicoxcx View Post
    Asking this again, is there a way to separate saved articles into subsections? paper mache allows me to separate into folders/subsections like 'technology' and 'sports' so I have a neat column instead of a bunch of articles all mixed . It's the only thing stopping me from switching over!
    It looks like you are asking again because you never answered my questions following your last post (click).

Because I do not use Paper Mache, can you please explain me the process? Can you move the articles from inside the app to the folders / subsections?

I'm already working on implementing tag-support for ReadOnTouch. I think that will be very similar, but I want to have a look at you process description.

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

I'm glad to announce that the first update of ReadOnTouch PRO finally got released by HP!

Here you can find the changelog: ReadOnTouch: Update 1.0.1 finally released! | sven-ziegler.com

Cheers,
    Sven

Edit: I need to learn to read better.

Thanks for the great app, Sven!!
    Last edited by bluefakeplastic; 11/07/2011 at 11:38 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
    svzi likes this.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Good news everyone,

I’ve uploaded ReadOnTouch FREE to HP! So this version gives you a glimpse of what to expect from the already available PRO version of ReadOnTouch.

This version will be available for:
    * HP Touchpad
    * HP Pre3
    * HP Veer
    * Palm Pre/Pre2
    * and maybe all other devices with webOS 2.1!

To use this application you must install the updated Maps app (by HP).

But specially on the smaller / older devices, do not expect the best performance, because this app a) is enyo only and b) was not designed for that type of processors. So just try it and please give me some feedback.

I've attached a few sample screenshots from the Touchpad version.

Cheers,
    Sven
    • File Type: png 1.png (265.7 KB, 8 views)
    • File Type: png 2.png (386.7 KB, 8 views)
    • File Type: png 3.png (286.9 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: png 4.png (213.1 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: png 5.png (216.9 KB, 5 views)

T-Pad and joe_doe like this.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

because I think that not every Pre3 owner has also a Touchpad (my app has it's own thread in the touchpad forum: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-websites.html), I will just provide you with some short informations on my app, called ReadOnTouch.

ReadOnTouch PRO is an on- and offline reader for websites on WebOS 3.x (and 2.2). Therefore it uses the free ReadItLater.com* service.

The user interface of ReadOnTouch PRO was designed to work especially on the HP Touchpad and adapted for the use on the HP Pre3. It offers an impressive way to access your stored websites.

The app did not only allow the reading of existing articles, it offers an easy way to add new websites to your article-list. Adding new websites can be done in two different ways:
    1.) from inside the app,
    2.) with a patched standard browser (not ready yet, still looking for help to patch the browser)

You can read the websites in a special article-mode, which was designed for the purpose of a great reading experience.If you want to view the saved site in the standard browser it's just another click away.

When you like an article really much you are able to share it with your friends. ReadOnTouch PRO supports the publishing of links on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, E-Mail and WebOS Messaging.

This app is still under development and will be further improved. If you want to give feedback or have an idea for a new feature, please contact me. You can find my mail address in "About" box of ReadOnTouch PRO.

* ReadOnTouch PRO requires a free ReadItLater.com account. ReadItLater.com is a free service that provides you the ability to save websites to "Read it Later". If you do not have an accout, you can create it with the help of the app.
    I've attached some screenshots from my Pre3.

I've also just finished developing a FREE version of ReadOnTouch. It was submitted earlier today to HP. I will notice you when it is available in the HP App Catalog.

For more informations, just visit my site or add the feed to your feed reader: sven-ziegler.com

If you have any questions or comments, please just ask.

Cheers,
    Sven

Rnp likes this.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast