Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    The app has just been submitted (due naming problems with my old first version of the app) as "ReadOnTouch PRO"! :-)

I attached a few new screenshots. Hope you like it. :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by svzi; 10/24/2011 at 01:59 PM.
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Great! Look forward to trying it out!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    The app finally hits the app catalog! :-)

For everyone interested:
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...er.readontouch

Best regards,
    SvenZ

I purchased and am very pleased. Good work! Does your patch to the browser to allow copying a link to read-on-touch work in 3.04? I tried it but it did not seem to, but the fault could be mine....
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi freecicero,

my patch is for the standard browser and adds the ability to share links to ReadOnTouch. Did you restart your device after the installation of my patch? Do you have any other Browser-Patches installed? And did you use the standard browser, or the Advanced Browser?

Best regards,
    SvenZ

Thanks for your quick reply -- the problem turned out to be my insufficient knowledge on how to deal with patches. I've figured it out and all seems to be running well.

Great program and thanks!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi freecicero,

you are welcome!

If you like it, I would be happy if you rate it in the app catalog.

Best regards,
    SvenZ

done. Thanks. I saw the other comment that having r.o.t pop up each time is a little disruptive. I guess you have to do that to provide offline reading. Def would be nice for that to be in background.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Thank you very much!

That background-adding is already on my todo-list. Try to only show the app when a fairlure occurs. I hope I am able to do that.

Best regards,
    SvenZ

The app looks great, i'm playing with it now. Its nice to have the touchpad browser integration, and is there any chance of writing a patch for the pre3 browser to add links?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Yes, I cannot add the share menu patch to the browser either, maybe it is because I have 'add to papier-Mache installed -hopefully not, because I wanted to have both for now...I just a log error in preware.
    also...bummer no images can be seen, can this change? I do get images in RIL app on my iphone.
    Last edited by ScottLive5; 10/27/2011 at 11:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi Andyf,

Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    The app looks great, i'm playing with it now. Its nice to have the touchpad browser integration, and is there any chance of writing a patch for the pre3 browser to add links?
    I think it's possible but therefore I need another Browser-Patch for the Pre3. That patching-stuff is normally not my business and I am really a noob on that. So maybe someone of the more experienced users / developers here can help me out? That would be great and I would provide any information needed.

Best regards,
    SvenZ

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi ScottLive5,

Quote Originally Posted by ScottLive5 View Post
    Yes, I cannot add the share menu patch to the browser either, maybe it is because I have 'add to papier-Mache installed -hopefully not, because I wanted to have both for now...I just a log error in preware.
    also...bummer no images can be seen, can this change? I do get images in RIL app on my iphone.
    yes, sorry, but for now only one of this two patches can be used, not both together. Maybe someone is able to create a new patch with sharing options for ReadOnTouch and Paper Mache. That would be nice!

But as I mentioned in the post before, I think I'm the wrong guy for that. Maybe someone can help here too?

But if there are enough users calling for that patch, then I will have another, deeper, look and try it by myself if nobody did it till then.

The image-problem is also mentionend in the section "Known Limitations" of the Quick-Start Guide in ReadOnTouch PRO. That was the part the first time shows up and is later available via the app menu. The public api, the one I use, have that image bug and did not show images in the article-view. There is nothing I can do. The guys at RIL surely did not use that same api, because they have the images shown up. Sadly the guys won't fix it, all they do is telling us to wait for the next version of the API. But nobody outside RIL knows when it will be released.

Best regards,
    SvenZ

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I'm just spamming my own thread, but I want to let you know that my browser patch is now available via the public feed in Preware!

Best regards,
    SvenZ

Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    I'm just spamming my own thread, but I want to let you know that my browser patch is now available via the public feed in Preware!

Best regards,
    SvenZ
    I tried installing the Add to ReadOn Touch patch in preware, but was not able. I received the hunk failed error. Tried restarting and wasn't able to add the second time.
    3.0.4 no other read it service app or patch installed. I just purchased ReadOnTouch today.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi gergev,

Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    I tried installing the Add to ReadOn Touch patch in preware, but was not able. I received the hunk failed error. Tried restarting and wasn't able to add the second time.
    3.0.4 no other read it service app or patch installed. I just purchased ReadOnTouch today.
    so, you really have no other browser-patches (e.g. "Download link", ...) installed?

Is the patch uninstalled right now? Can you post the exact failure message when you try to install it? Maybe a screenshot would be great.

Best regards,
    SvenZ

I think my problem may be my Advanced Browser version. The ReadOnTouch Quick-Start Guide states it requires minimum version 1.2.6.
    But my Advanced Browser version is 1.2.5 - the same version that is in the catalogue presently. I just uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the same 1.2.5 version d/l from the catalogue.

edit, I meant to say I have no other patch like papier mache, but I do have other patches installed. I do not have "Download Link" installed. I do have the following patches installed:
    Custom Browser Gestures
    Default to Show Bookmarks in Browser (maybe this one conflicts)
    Disable Search Engine Browser Notifications

The rest don't have to do with browser. I believe I had Download Link at one point, but it is not there now.

Here is the IPKG log

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11758 100 11758 0 0 33405 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 48386
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-to-readontouch
    install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-to-readontouch
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-to-readontouch (3.0.4-22) to root...
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-to-readontouch (3.0.4-22) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-to-readontouch
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-to-readontouch.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-to-readontouch.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-to-readontouch from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-to-readontouch.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Last edited by gergev; 10/28/2011 at 07:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi gergev,

I'm sadly no expert in patching, but I believe there is a conflict with another installed patch. Maybe the "Download Link" patch is still installed, but cannot be removed because it is not official available in the Preware Feed for 3.0.4 or something stupid like that?

But please don't mix the default browser and the Advanced Browser. The Advanced Browser is a completely different product. For the Advanced Browser is no patch available, because the next release (1.2.6) has it builtin. But the submission of that version seems to be still pending. So I hope it will be out very soon.

Best regards,
    SvenZ

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Can somebody explain me, how to rename this thread? Or can even a mod please contact me? I don't know who are the mods, because I did not find them in the forum overview...

Best regards,
    SvenZ

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    I'm sorry but the final version won't be free. After the official release I will create a free version of the app, but only for the reason to show the users the ui and the capabilities of the app. If they like it, they have to buy it
    When it is planned to release the free version resp. what is its name?

Searching for ReadOnTouch in the App Catalog shows only the pro-version in the results.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast