Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Very nice app, I already have a ton of usage out of it and that is all before offline is implemented. Did the update fix the bug of having to restart the app to get the list to refresh? I have that issue also.

Keep up the great work!
    Fantastic app. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    Well... Okay... I admit it... I know this is hard to believe, but... There is life beyond this forum and my TP!!!!!

I can't believe I just said that!!!
    I can't believe it, too! But maybe you should give it a try. It did not take that long to go the page, download the file and install it. It's your choice, you can also wait for a future release or don't try it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoxcx View Post
    Very nice app, I already have a ton of usage out of it and that is all before offline is implemented. Did the update fix the bug of having to restart the app to get the list to refresh? I have that issue also.
    Sorry, I've forgotten about that bug. This is the first point on my todo-list. Hopefully I am able to fix this, and the not working share-to-facebook, in the next few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by nealj777 View Post
    well... Okay... I admit it... I know this is hard to believe, but... There is life beyond this forum and my tp!!!!! :d

i can't believe i just said that!!! :d
    heretic!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    save file to you pc and load using preware.... search you tube for Install ipk files. That should get you going.
    Thanks Dexterslabmi. Some how that didn't work...Preware could not find it saved. I did figure out that in preware I could paste the url from the website and it would load from that. I learned something new and got app installed too.
    Sven - I tried to leave a review, but it wouldn't let me. I love the app. Simple, clean, does what I expect it to. Besides the offline reading, I would like to be able to email the article or perhaps just the original link. Otherwise it's great.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitxitxita View Post
    Sven - I tried to leave a review, but it wouldn't let me. I love the app. Simple, clean, does what I expect it to. Besides the offline reading, I would like to be able to email the article or perhaps just the original link. Otherwise it's great.
    Hi Pitxitxita,

thanks for your nice feedback! I think a review in the app catalog is only possible is the app is in the app catalog. ;-) But that is still on hold, but I already got feedback from HP. Hopefully it get's submission by the next few days. After the release in the app catalog you are able write a review.

As mentioned in http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3164588 you are already able to share the link via email. For that purpose there is a share-button in the article- / web-view panel! Give it a try! :-)
    Last edited by svzi; 09/21/2011 at 02:20 AM.
    What are the reasons to use RIL over Instapaper?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPadRobot View Post
    What are the reasons to use RIL over Instapaper?
    No monthly fee, for example. :-) I, for example, pay rather one time a few bucks for an quality app instead of a monthly fee. This is a kind of service I want to use long-term!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I just want to give you a short status update:

I am currently heavily developing ReadOnTouch but I won't publish any new betas to public. When this version is completed I will push it to the app catalog. So please stay tuned, I think I've got some really nice features for you! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    I just want to give you a short status update:

I am currently heavily developing ReadOnTouch but I won't publish any new betas to public. When this version is completed I will push it to the app catalog. So please stay tuned, I think I've got some really nice features for you! :-)
    Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for developing what I think is a SORELY missing app for the TPad!

I'm about to try out the beta right now and after seeing those screenshots, I'm pretty excited! For me, offline support is gonna be the biggest feature and I can't wait until you implement it.

I just have one question: Will it always be free? :O
    Excellent! I'm very happy with this app.

That's just the action we need to keep this platform alive. Great job.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gareim View Post
    I just have one question: Will it always be free? :O
    I'm sorry but the final version won't be free. After the official release I will create a free version of the app, but only for the reason to show the users the ui and the capabilities of the app. If they like it, they have to buy it.

I have already spend so much time developing this app and I think it's now really cool.

And keep in mind: for this app you pay only once a few bucks, and no monthly fees to ReadItLater or whoever. So if you compare it to InstaPaper, for example, the return on investment will be really fast with ReadOnTouch. And as mentioned before, you are able to try it yourself with the free version if you hesitate to spend some bucks before testing it.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Any update on this? Looking forward to trying it out.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi heyyu,

I'm still working on it. I hope I can push the final version with tested offline support in the next week to the HP app catalog!

Best regards,
    SvenZ
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    Hi heyyu,

I'm still working on it. I hope I can push the final version with tested offline support in the next week to the HP app catalog!

Best regards,
    SvenZ
    that's what I have been waiting for... Can't wait. :-)
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Good news everyone,

I hope that the final version can be pushed to the app catalog on this coming weekend, but I will not promise it!

Today I finished the last fixes and improvements (hopefully!) for offline reading. My app is now able to work fully offline. It is a really nice experience to view your articles offline and mark them read. As soon as you got wifi again and the app is open it will sync all your changes since the last sync. It doesn't matter if you close the app in the mean time or not.

I've also added some other nice stuff, as you can see on the screenshots: share by mail, messaging, facebook, twitter, google+ and searching for articles are just two examples.

For further information just have a look at ReadOnTouch | sven-ziegler.com!

I hope you will like it!

Best regards,
    SvenZ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Looking forward to the full release, I have a couple questions.

I have found using the public version to handle multiple feeds including fanfiction works great, is there an ability to sort by groups? like separating stories from sports articles?

I assume you managed to squash the bug mentioned previously with having to close the app to see the changes made?

Hopefully it makes the catalog soon, excited to see the finished version
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi nicoxcx,

Quote Originally Posted by nicoxcx View Post
    I have found using the public version to handle multiple feeds including fanfiction works great, is there an ability to sort by groups? like separating stories from sports articles?
    I'm sorry but I did not understand what you mean. What do you mean with groups? How can I group articles with RIL? Do you mean the tags?

I assume you managed to squash the bug mentioned previously with having to close the app to see the changes made?
    Yes, that's already fixed, feels like weeks ago.

Hopefully it makes the catalog soon, excited to see the finished version
    I hope it, too! But as mentioned on my blog I am still waiting for my EU VAT to be able to push it to the catalog.

Best regards,
    SvenZ
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I've got finally my EU VAT and an approved developer account by HP. I spend the last few days with the final bugfixing and the last improvements. I will push the app to the catalog in the next 24 hours! So I hope the app did not make any problems during the review at HP. :-)

I've also updated my site with the latest description and screenshots: ReadOnTouch | sven-ziegler.com

Best regards,
    SvenZ
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast