Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    The new update is looking great, I'm looking forward for that update v3.0 to this fantastic app for WebOS platform. Let me say, thumbs up svzi

Update looking pretty nice, what new features we could expect ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Sven, this update looks fantastic. If it lives up to my expectations, I'll buy it on my PlayBook, too
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    As a heavy user of ReadonTouch Pro (and starting to appreciate the usefulness of OrganizeMe!), I really appreciate all your efforts. Looking forward to the new update of RoT!!

My question is regarding RoT PHONE. I'm using this on my Veer 2.1.2 and it works but I wish I could save links directly from Twitter to Pocket. I use Project Macaw and it saves links to RoT PRO on the TouchPad. On the Veer it says it's saving the link to RoT PRO but I don't have PRO on my Veer, only the RoT PHONE. Can the PHONE version get an update for this to work or do I need to send a message to Project Macaw? Do you know of any Twitter client that saves links to Pocket/RIL? Is it a limitation of webOS 2.1.2? Because I use RoT so much, I would easily pay for an upgrade to PRO on the phone if it was available.

Thanks.
    I reallly love it ReadOnTouch & OrganizeMe! too much... just could be faster...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    Sven, this update looks fantastic. If it lives up to my expectations, I'll buy it on my PlayBook, too
    Word!

Quote Originally Posted by hangten10 View Post
    Can the PHONE version get an update for this to work or do I need to send a message to Project Macaw?
    Yes, that would be the best case. We already had some contact before, so it would be easy for them to include ReadOnTouch PHONE as well! They just need to add another app-id for the phone version.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    I reallly love it ReadOnTouch & OrganizeMe! too much... just could be faster...
    Both?

Best,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
    Yes, both in my Pre 3.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I saw that Project Macaw has a beta feed and it has been updated to save tweets directly to Pocket/RIL. Unfortunately it is saving the link to the actual tweet, not the shortened URL in the tweet. The same thing was happening on the TouchPad with the stable release of Macaw. I guess I forgot that it did that. Usually see it in the browser first on the TouchPad and then save to RoT which works with your patch. Thanks for that! For now the browser - Super Sharing Mix patch does not seem to offer this ability on the Veer 2.1.2. Hopefully that can be changed.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Yes, both in my Pre 3.
    Sorry, but to be honest, I won't make any performance-optimizations for webOS phones anymore. My apps are designed to be tablet apps and I try to optimize them for tablets.

Best,
    Sven

Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    For now the browser - Super Sharing Mix patch does not seem to offer this ability on the Veer 2.1.2. Hopefully that can be changed.
    I'm sure it can be changed! You just have to find someone who will change it.

Best,
    Sven

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by svzi View Post
    Word!
    Word! Just bought it - the new preview mode is awesome, but is not shown as a screenshot in the App World - contrary to the app's description (sorry, this is OT in this forum ^^).
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Word! Just bought it - the new preview mode is awesome, but is not shown as a screenshot in the App World - contrary to the app's description (sorry, this is OT in this forum ^^).
    Thanks for both, buying and reporting the app world issue! Just tried to add the missing screenshot. Thanks a lot!

Best,
    Sven

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    All of a sudden RoT PRO is crashing at every launch, stating "max. allowed content size exceeded". Is this referring to a page with too much text/images or do I have too many articles? I only have ~210 unread articles, 500 total.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by hangten10; 10/15/2012 at 11:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    All of a sudden RoT PRO is crashing at every launch, stating "max. allowed content size exceeded". Is this referring to a page with too much text/images or do I have too many articles? I only have ~210 unread articles, 500 total.
    It referes to both, but mainly results when having too many articles. Do you sync only the unread items, or all? If you do not need the read articles I would recommend you to sync only the unread articles and clear your local data once via the preferences in ReadOnTouch PRO before syncing. Did that help you?

Best,
    Sven

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I recently changed the sync settings to all (not knowing exactly what that would do). Now I get th error message and hitting OK does not do anything. Can't go into preferences to stop sync at startup either.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I recently changed the sync settings to all (not knowing exactly what that would do). Now I get th error message and hitting OK does not do anything. Can't go into preferences to stop sync at startup either.
    Try to switch to the list-view instead of the preview-mode. Now you should be able to open the preferences again, right?

Article limit all is not the same as "download only unread articles"! Are you sure that you only have round about 300 read articles? Try to sync only unread articles.

Best,
    Sven

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    It was a never ending loop of "max. allowed content size exceeded" with each startup until I remembered that I can prevent the attempt to sync with the wifi off. I was already in list mode but I changed the settings to what you suggested and all seems well again. Using the filter to see only read items, it counts 3610 though there are a lot of duplications (>10 each). Looks like it's time to clear local data and sync again.

Thanks for all your help.

Still waiting for Project Macaw support of RoT PHONE but I just noticed that one can save to URLs to Pocket through emails. Better than nothing.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    It was a never ending loop of "max. allowed content size exceeded" with each startup until I remembered that I can prevent the attempt to sync with the wifi off. I was already in list mode but I changed the settings to what you suggested and all seems well again. Using the filter to see only read items, it counts 3610 though there are a lot of duplications (>10 each). Looks like it's time to clear local data and sync again.

Thanks for all your help.
    You're welcome!

I hope clearing the local data helped?

Best,
    Sven

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Yes, it helped. It was a little sluggish before clearing the local data but not any more!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    That's good to know! Thanks for your feedback, appreciate that!

Best,
    Sven

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Too bad RoT PHONE isn't supported any more. Can not get articles, just titles.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast