Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    So I followed method 2 of Ramblings of a Closet Geek's methods of making Advanced Browser the default web browser for webOS. (Ramblings of a Closet Geek: Making Advanced Browser Default On TouchPad) However, I realized Advanced Browser is a bit too slow for me and I wanted to revert back to the original web browser on webOS. Does anyone know what the original text was on both the appinfo.json files? I think the first one was "com.palm.app.browser" but cannot remember what the second one was. Any help would be great. Thanks!

FYI I'm attaching his original post here:

Method 2 - (Make Advanced Browser default, but stock browser still useable)
    1. Install Preware if you haven't already (google will help you with this)
    2. Install Internalz Pro from Preware.
    3. Open Internalz Pro -> app name in top left corner of the screen -> Preferences -> turn on 'Master Mode' -> app name again -> close
    4. Open /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser
    5. Change the second line, starting with "id" to:
    "id": "com.palm.app.browserOrg"
    6. Open /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.maklesoft.browser
    5. Change the second line, starting with "id" to:
    "id": "com.palm.app.browser"
    7. Restart you tablet
    8. Done
    so you opened 2 files and changed 2 lines, just change the lines back to the default settings.

the easier way to do this was to use a patch available from this site. then just uninstall the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    so you opened 2 files and changed 2 lines, just change the lines back to the default settings.

the easier way to do this was to use a patch available from this site. then just uninstall the patch.
    what is the name of the patch? Is it on preware?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    How do I set back to default settings? When I go back to the appinfo.json file, but there is no option to revert back to default settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for notifying me of the patch. Since it said it was only for the search bar, I was worried it wouldn't work for email and other applications that may open web browsers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    what is the name of the patch? Is it on preware?
    "make advanced browser default" not sure if it's on preware, it's available on this site
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daonei View Post
    How do I set back to default settings? When I go back to the appinfo.json file, but there is no option to revert back to default settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for notifying me of the patch. Since it said it was only for the search bar, I was worried it wouldn't work for email and other applications that may open web browsers.
    I understand your situation-- the instructions don't say what the original line read:

To revert back to the Stock browser as default, in:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/appinfo.json

Change line 2 back to:
    "id": "com.palm.app.browser",

In media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.maklesoft.browser/appinfo.json

Change line 2 back to:
    "id": "com.maklesoft.browser",

Then restart, and that should put it back to normal.

Now you can apply that patch if you ever want to go back to setting Advanced as your default (and uninstall it to remove).

Set advanced browser as default [PATCH]

EDIT:
    Now (if you wanted to), you should be able to install patches such as 'Add ThumbNav Controls' (by Garrett, Thornton). Note, this patch conflicts with GyroJoe's 'Browser Power Swipe' (on Preware too), so to use one, you must uninstall the other.
    Last edited by decalex; 09/20/2011 at 11:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    Now you can apply that patch if you ever want to go back to setting Advanced as your default (and uninstall it to remove).

Set advanced browser as default [PATCH]

Unfortunately, this is NOT the requested patch! We talk about the patch, which totally replaces the standard browser by the advanced browser. IMHO this patch isn't available and had to be applied manually.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demichve View Post
    Unfortunately, this is NOT the requested patch! We talk about the patch, which totally replaces the standard browser by the advanced browser. IMHO this patch isn't available and had to be applied manually.
    That's why I said "if you if you ever want to go back to setting Advanced as your default." ..just linking the thread, tho. I'm back on the normal browser because of the other patches available.
    Hi all,

I created a shell script that allows you to flip between Advanced Browser and the stock browser in webOS 3.0.4

Here is the thread: [PATCH/SCRIPT] [3.0.4] Switch to Advanced Browser as the Default System Browser

Thanks!
    JZ