1.    #1  
    I had never seen this before, what to make of this? Should I try it on frankenpre? Free tether works just fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I had never seen this before, what to make of this? Should I try it on frankenpre? Free tether works just fine now.
    I'll have to try it out since Free Tether has been hit and miss for me and I'll use whatever works best. Thanks, Sorli...
    Ha, lol! I was just posting about this very issue simultaneously. I'll have to look into this...
    what is it called?
    It is called HP mobile hotspot. I'm downloading it now on my frankenpre 2.

Just tried it... No dice on Sprint. I like the app overall, much smoother than freetether. When I tried connecting my TP to the hotspot I received an error on my phone telling me that my carrier (sprint) does not support this and to contact them.
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 09/19/2011 at 11:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post

Just tried it... No dice on Sprint. I like the app overall, much smoother than freetether. When I tried connecting my TP to the hotspot I received an error on my phone telling me that my carrier (sprint) does not support this and to contact them.

Cool, I searched it yesterday and could not locate it. Now I see that it is there, neat addition.
    I'm on sprint and it connected with no problem. I also have an unlimited data family plan...
    Installed and works on my Sprint Pre Plus, seems no different than the old MHS that I had installed prior to the FreeTether Solution.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post

Did you actually try it cuz it works? I think that popup is a bug. Seems a bit easier to connect than freetether and faster too.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I am on Sprint as well, with a Pre- using 1.4.5, and the TouchPad connects to it; however, there is no internet connection. It seems this was not designed to work around carrier restrictions concerning data and tethering. I will continue to use freeTether instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonp2 View Post
    I am on Sprint as well, with a Pre- using 1.4.5, and the TouchPad connects to it; however, there is no internet connection. It seems this was not designed to work around carrier restrictions concerning data and tethering. I will continue to use freeTether instead.
    Funny; it worked when I first tried it yesterday. Today... Says connected but nothing opens. Wondering if a door was shut somewhere real quick.
    Yeah I agree, the app is much nicer to use. I just wish I could get it to work. Anyone else on sprint able to get this to work? If you did or can use it, do you have a pre- or a frankenre plus/2?
    I suspect it was an accident that it showed up. *It has happened before. *I disagree that it is "much nicer to use". *FreeTether is quite easy to use and works great.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Maybe I stated that wrong. Its not that it is easier to use, I just had no problems when connecting to the hotspot thru the HP app. Very often I receive an ip configuration error when using free tether. Really that's my only issue with it.
    The HP Mobile Hotspot app has now been deployed into the catalogue for UK user on the Vodaphone network. Enjoy.
    I don't know if it still works with the MHS version that I just saw in the catalog (1.1.12), but in discussions with past versions, an error message warning that internet sharing is not supported by your carrier (Sprint) pretty much only came up if you started MHS with bluetooth on.

Searches should have turned that up, I'd think. Has anyone tried that with this newest version (1.1.12)?
    Has anyone gotten this working with Bell Canada yet?
    -- Bring back DateBk!!