Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I saw some related topics to this but the last one that was posted in was from 11/05/2010. I'm looking for a really good RSS feed app. I really do like "RSS Basic Free" but it's TOO basic. It won't even let you remove a feed you added. The reason I like it is because it gives you notifications and it has the 3 pane feature.

What I really want from a RSS feed app is the 3 pane feature that has notifications with sound. I only want sound with a certain few of my RSS feeds of course because if not then I would be getting notification sounds all the time. I tried using Google Reader on Glimpse and it's pretty good for what it is but like i said, I REALLY like the 3 pane view of my feeds on the left pane, the topic on the middle, and full details on the right pane. Couple that will notifications and I will be one happy campy.

Anyway, back to the topic, what RSS feed app does everyone use?

Mosaic Reader is messed up for me for some reason. It will not stop saying "Loading Goodies" and will not sync with my Google Reader. I have been looking at Tea reader and that looks like the best so far, it might not have notifications though. Anyone have any opinions on Tea Reader?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    if you swipe a feed to the right you can delete that feed.
    using tea reader. Works fine for me.
    Nothing beats TouchFeeds. Especially when you look in the api file
    Quote Originally Posted by PainToad View Post
    Nothing beats TouchFeeds. Especially when you look in the api file
    TouchFeeds is very slow. I have many rss feeds and hence many many articles. So speed is of utmost importance. Feeder is great with speed and is good overall also. I haven't tried the tea reader and nomnomnom reader.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Tea Reader.

I stopped looking at my Google Reader feeds on my desktop browser and phone just so I can read them on my tablet. I highly recommend the app.
    The Google Reader app in Glimpse is really good. Love the fact I can listens to podcasts through it.
    HTC Sensation, HP TouchPad, iPod touch 4th generation ...
    Yes,TouchFeeds is very slow.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamScar View Post
    if you swipe a feed to the right you can delete that feed.
    Wow. I feel dumb. I always forget about this feature. Now all RSS Basic Free needs for me to be 100% happy is notifications with sound. That and I read the reviews and 3 people said you couldn't delete so I didn't even try.
    I rely on google reader so this is a biggie for me. I bought touchfeeds and glimpse but was not happy. Glimpse almost works well but when I read a long article I have to scroll up to the top to close it. I like touchfeeds but find it slow as noted above. After reading this thread I bought tea reader and so far find it superior in speed and workability with swiping to new articles.
    Have both tea reader and nomnomnom.

Tea gets the job done, is simple.
    Nom is excellent and supports (beta) full articles. Excellent.

Nom is EXCELLENT.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I use Nomnomnom and I love it.

I'm not a fan of it's main view, but it has a more standard view which is brilliant.
    I use NomNomNom exclusively now and really like it. Besides, the developer is a really nice guy who has been very helpful from the early days of webOS on the Pre forum and continues to be of help now as a webOS developer; he also is a contributing developer for Spaz HD, which I find to be the best app for reading Twitter.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    my first paid app was rss-basic. Loving it. Simple interface and fast enough.
  15.    #15  
    Tea reader has no notifications at all right? Reading nomnomnoms app description, it does have feed notifications but can you make them make a sound like mail does?

A little off topic but there is no way to make facebook notifications make a sound right? I think this is the only thing I like about my ipod touch better than my touchpad is that the facebook app makes a notification sound..well that an apps but Itouch is my app/gaming device while my TP is everything else.
    Can someone tell me how fully synched TouchFeeds is with GoogleReader? Same question for Nomnomnoms.

If I mark something read in the app or star an item, does it show up that way in GoogleReader? I assume it does, but there's a confusing comment I read which implies this isn't the case. I also saw a negative review in the app store which implies the app downloads articles and you end with 2 sets of reader entries.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    TouchFeeds does sync with GoogleReader, however I'm reading this thread looking for alternatives because it's just too slow.
    On the phones NewsRoom is unsurpassed. By far the best RSS reader I've ever seen. I use it all the time I highly recommend it.

But I do not know if it runs on the TP.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Downloaded Tea Reader and it is miles better than TouchFeeds. Snappy, slides through articles, and you can preview the full webpage. Thank you for the recommendations in this thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cube1701 View Post
    I use Nomnomnom and I love it.

I'm not a fan of it's main view, but it has a more standard view which is brilliant.
    I agree. I have it in the "normal" view. I didnt like the card view.

Quote Originally Posted by rrgg View Post
    Can someone tell me how fully synched TouchFeeds is with GoogleReader? Same question for Nomnomnoms.

If I mark something read in the app or star an item, does it show up that way in GoogleReader? I assume it does, but there's a confusing comment I read which implies this isn't the case. I also saw a negative review in the app store which implies the app downloads articles and you end with 2 sets of reader entries.

Thanks.
    I can talk about NomNom.
    It is "Supposed to", but the behavior is a bit crazy. Some blogs are updated on google reader as "read", while others are not. For example, many of my blogs in my trading/investments world are updated, but all folders in my tech/gadgets (inlcuding thisismynext, precentral, webOsroundup) are not updated. But official Palm blog is updated. so not sure if this is a glitch in google reader or the NomNom.or it could be the blog specific.. not really sure.
    Since these days I exclusively read everything on my touchPad and not on the PC browser, Im not too worried. but when i pickup my phone to have a quick glance, it annoys me since not everything is synced as read.

hope that helps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast