Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Touchpaddle
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  • 1 Post By Sychophantom
  1.    #1  
    Where do they get the baseballs to sell Touchpad apps at $30 each?
    (New Oxford American Dictionary app)

Is it safe to say that HP will never include this app in future 6-pack free promo codes?

Edit1: bought it... best app ever.... on any OS

Edit2: fastest way to burn the $50 app credit that HP gave me
    Last edited by Touchpaddle; 09/17/2011 at 05:44 PM.
    cj-m likes this.
    <title updated>
    LMAO best mod ever
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!
    You paid $30 for a dictionary.....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    You paid $30 for a dictionary.....
    What can I say... I'm addicted to scrabble scrabble. (no joke)

Besides, I didn't really "pay" for the dictionary. I got the $50 app store credit
    earlier and had $41 left. After the $30 dictionary, I still have $11 left. (probably
    going to buy that time-wasting, usless, but fun, app called Angry Bird Seasons
    that just came out! )

Bloody hell... just checked my Touchpad.. the dictionary installation froze
    my Touchpad again. Going to try it a third time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYLARKBOY86 View Post
    LMAO best mod ever
    We aim to please!
    Touchpaddle likes this.
    I saw that in the app catalog and thought OMG who in the heck is going to pay that much for a dictionary? Also, how much does the paper copy cost? It better be $50-60 if they expect you to pay $30 for a digital copy.

Since you bought it already what advantages do you get having the app versus the paper copy? Do you get instant updates to definitions, pictures, and illustrations?
    Erm, I suppose it can be used offline, but if you have 'net access, wouldn't Google be just as useful?
    jordanaous likes this.
    One of the top moneymakers in iOS is >$50... it's sort of a specialized use software, though, if I remember correctly. And the people that can use it will spendi t.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: