1.    #1  
    Did you know if you are testing out the email app on the TP by sending a email to yourself you can't send just a simple email to yourself. I will explain what I did:

1) Sent an email from my TP to myself with the subject like "ff," and the body, "GG" then I sent it, showed up as sent but never arrived in my email box.

2) Changed my subject line to the "lazy brown cow jumped over the moon," body was, "wow that is amazing," then sent. Showed up immediately in my email box.

Checked this theory out time after time. Looks like the subject line and or the body needs to be a few legit words for it to show up in your email box.

Try it out for yourself and tell me if the samething happens. This is so so odd.
    Last edited by BayAreaTreo; 09/17/2011 at 11:10 AM.
  2. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    No such problem on mine
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    No such problem on mine
    Still happening on mine. This is without a doubt an issue, not sure what is going on here...
    Last edited by BayAreaTreo; 09/17/2011 at 12:18 PM.
    Consider your email provider. The short subject lines might be triggering a junk mail filter.
    agreed with vectre, what e-mail service are you using?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    agreed with vectre, what e-mail service are you using?
    mobile.me from Apple, odd thing is they sent emails are appearing along all of my devices including the main computer, the emails just don't appear in the in box on the TP or the other devices. Again along all devices the sent mail folders are synced regardless of message size or content.
    try a different mail service. They are free.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    try a different mail service. They are free.
    Will do, good suggestion. My mind is fried over this one so the simple solution didn't come to mind. Thanks!
    with it being apple, I would almost guarantee the sent is being saved because you sent it, but the garbage e-mail (no real text) is being trashed somewhere. Sounds like an aggressive filter algorithm.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...