• 5 Post By sledge007
  • 3 Post By fxspec06
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By mike5
  • 1 Post By iprice
  • 2 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  1.    #1  
    Case in point, Advanced Browser.

Just got an update yesterday, and didn't bother reading the changelog, so I went back to the app in the catalog, and started going through some reviews.

Some of the complaints I am seeing:
    -Blocks the notification bar (fixed in the last update, go to the top left menu and pick Disable Full Screen)
    -Good app but unfortunate I can't make this the default browser.

You can make this the default browser by installing this patch:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3069674

Do the developer a favor, if they a fix a noted problem that you complained about in your review.... change your review. You are costing potential sales for them.

This patch has been around for some time, and the most recent complaint regarding this issue that I found was 3 days ago.

Granted some of these people might not be registered here, but just wanted to throw this out there.

The more money a developer makes, the more inclined they are to make more apps.

Now get changing those reviews
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/17/2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: typo
    Seconded.

Also, please leave a review in the first place

Please and thank you
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Amen! Preach it brother!
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Third that motion!
    I definitely agree.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    I would like to add to that, if you have an issue/feature request PLEASE contact the developer directly (ie DO NOT use the review to ask for these as the dev can't respond directly). I have yet to have a bad experience with a developer, actually there is only one developer that hasn't fully responded to my question (big name developer for all OS's) but I did receive an e-mail that I was being forwarded to the correct department to answer my feature request.

I would say 99% of webOS developers app cat and homebrew are VERY responsive. A lot of them you don't even have to e-mail, they will publicly respond via twitter. I have even had a developer ASK me to respond with bug issues or requests when we were originally having problems with in app purchases (this was after offering to send me the upgrade to side-load).

I may have gone a little long, but just want to say those are only the stories I am willing to post. I am low on effort on my part when it comes to these things, and have received GREAT customer service from our dev's. I am more likely to get mad and complain than to be satisfied when I make a request (just ask my wife about me yelling when she was on the phone with Sprint ). Please take all of this info into consideration when reviewing your app purchases.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    iprice and fxspec06 like this.
    Reviews that just say "Buggy" are not helpful, either. or "could be better".

If I knew of a bug, I wouldn't have released it with it! And I'd like to know what "could be better" or how

But I bet that the people that take the time to sign up for forums have more of a vested interest in the softwares, and don't do that, already.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    lol.. i had a guy recently change from a 1 to a 5 star rating.. but didn't change his review
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I think one of the issues here is that users usually uninstall the app so they would not know that the issue was fixed.
    Be able to communicate with the users who post feedback is a nice feature, which may help a lot to developers who cares about their apps.