Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes
    Only one review in app catalog? Come on, people, this is one of the essential apps, brings back so much original Palm functionality, buy it, give it good reviews.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Only one review in app catalog? Come on, people, this is one of the essential apps, brings back so much original Palm functionality, buy it, give it good reviews.
    I believe the App Catalog is broken. The reviews are missing from every app.
    Problem, I go to add a file, go to where I want, can't select all files and cancel all the way out and I'm left with a blank add file pop up (no text or images). Have to close the app and re-open.

Also, add all files from a picture category "miscellaneous" and then try to add back my file folder that was previously hidden, but I can see files in that folder from the pictures app, I get an error that the folder was already added even though the hide button (or whatever it was called showed that I could hide the folder). Exited the app and all pictures in that folder are still visible. Now when I go into the app and select the show button, the circle spins like it is doing something and all files are still hidden. Am afraid to do more testing with this as I don't want to lose files again.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Problem, I go to add a file, go to where I want, can't select all files and cancel all the way out and I'm left with a blank add file pop up (no text or images). Have to close the app and re-open.

Also, add all files from a picture category "miscellaneous" and then try to add back my file folder that was previously hidden, but I can see files in that folder from the pictures app, I get an error that the folder was already added even though the hide button (or whatever it was called showed that I could hide the folder). Exited the app and all pictures in that folder are still visible. Now when I go into the app and select the show button, the circle spins like it is doing something and all files are still hidden. Am afraid to do more testing with this as I don't want to lose files again.
    Hi rstark,
    Sorry to hear you're still having trouble. I'm not following the first issue with "can't select all files". On the TouchPad, it is possible to select all of the files within a folder. As for the "blank" pop up when cancelling, this issue was resolved. I thought I repackaged the app with this fix, but apparently I didn't. But, an update should be available for download in a day or two.

Also, with the second issue, this issue has been fixed as well, and will be available with the update. You shouldn't lose any files, as the app doesn't delete anything, only moves it to another folder. You can place the TouchPad in usb mode, and move the files/folders out of the .ncognito folder. However, you will have to uninstall and reinstall to get the app out of "hidden" mode.

I apologize for any inconvenience and assure you that the app should work 100% with the coming update (ver. 1.3.2).
  5.    #65  
    Version 1.3.2 is available for download. This version fixes an issue with hiding individual files, and an issue with the file picker displaying blank when no file is selected.
    Quote Originally Posted by donfly View Post
    Hi rstark,
    Sorry to hear you're still having trouble. I'm not following the first issue with "can't select all files". On the TouchPad, it is possible to select all of the files within a folder. As for the "blank" pop up when cancelling, this issue was resolved. I thought I repackaged the app with this fix, but apparently I didn't. But, an update should be available for download in a day or two.

Also, with the second issue, this issue has been fixed as well, and will be available with the update. You shouldn't lose any files, as the app doesn't delete anything, only moves it to another folder. You can place the TouchPad in usb mode, and move the files/folders out of the .ncognito folder. However, you will have to uninstall and reinstall to get the app out of "hidden" mode.

I apologize for any inconvenience and assure you that the app should work 100% with the coming update (ver. 1.3.2).
    Hi, there were no files or folders containing picture in the .ncognito folder. I deleted the app and installed it again. It's asking for a password and the one I used before is invalid.
    Disregard, after I reinstalled, the files and folders appeared in the .ncognito folder. I moved all files and folders to another folder and deleted and reinstalled the app. I added a single file and then a folder, chose the option to hide upon exit and exited. The single file is hidden but not the folder. Going back into the app, I hit the show button, the circle spins and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?
  8.    #68  
    Disregard, after I reinstalled, the files and folders appeared in the .ncognito folder. I moved all files and folders to another folder and deleted and reinstalled the app. I added a single file and then a folder, chose the option to hide upon exit and exited. The single file is hidden but not the folder. Going back into the app, I hit the show button, the circle spins and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi,
    Are you uninstalling the app using the "Software Manager" tool? Do not attempt to uninstall any app by tapping and holding. This does not work correctly on the TouchPad and may be corrupting the uninstall/reinstall.

Please verify your device is up to date as well (webOS 3.0.5). Also, is the version of 'Ncognito 1.3.2? There's an option in the app's menu to "Email Developer". Please do so, it will contain an error file, which may help me to figure out what's going wrong.

Everything is working fine for me, with uninstalling, reinstalling, hiding files, folders, and setting the password.

Is there an IM option on this site? If so, please feel free to IM me. It will be easier with real time support
  9.    #69  

What am I doing wrong?

As for folder hiding. Because of the way the file system in webOS works, the system isn't notified of changes to a folder; only individual files. So, the actual folder itself isn't hidden, but the contents inside the folder are. If you were to put the device in usb mode after hiding, you will still see the folder, but not the contents of the folder.
    Hi,
    Are you uninstalling the app using the "Software Manager" tool? Do not attempt to uninstall any app by tapping and holding. This does not work correctly on the TouchPad and may be corrupting the uninstall/reinstall.

Please verify your device is up to date as well (webOS 3.0.5). Also, is the version of 'Ncognito 1.3.2? There's an option in the app's menu to "Email Developer". Please do so, it will contain an error file, which may help me to figure out what's going wrong.

Everything is working fine for me, with uninstalling, reinstalling, hiding files, folders, and setting the password.

Is there an IM option on this site? If so, please feel free to IM me. It will be easier with real time support
    Yes, uninstall via Software Manager. Using webOS 3.0.5 and Ncognito 1.3.2. I'll do the email developer when I get home tonight.
    Did everything like you said and the pictures in the CSERVE folder are still visible. What am I doing wrong?
  12.    #72  
    Did everything like you said and the pictures in the CSERVE folder are still visible. What am I doing wrong?
    It's not you, but there's an issue with the "/downloads/cserve" directory. I'm not sure where this lives; if it's a mapped drive or any of the file permissions on this directory. This issue may be similar to the Synergy one, which is why I had to filter out any Synergy or Facebook pictures. Try creating a new folder, and moving those files to another folder. But, before that, can you use Internalz or place the device in usb mode after hiding and verify if the app has created a director, "/media/internal/.ncognito/downloads/cserve"? The error message is stating there's an issue with this directory. If the directory does exist, verify if any files have been moved. If no files exist in the directory, there may be an issue with special characters in the file name or an issue with permissions preventing the file from being moved/renamed.

But, if the files do exist in the hidden directory after hiding, but the Photos app is still displaying them, then this is the same issue as with the Facebook Synergy photos.

Also, if you can email me some of the file names, there may be some special characters which is causing the app to not function properly.
    The folder path is /media/internal/downloads/cserve. I think it might be a special character issue. What kind of characters does the app not like?
  14.    #74  
    The folder path is /media/internal/downloads/cserve. I think it might be a special character issue. What kind of characters does the app not like?
    Try hiding the files, then use Internalz to verify the directory, "/media/internal/.ncognito/downloads/cserve". I would like to see if the app has created this directory and moved the files there or not. With Facebook pictures, the app will move a version of the photo to the hidden directory, but the Photos app will still display a cached version of the Facebook picture. This may be the same issue. I don't know where "cserve" lives, is this on your own server? If you can verify the directory after hiding, this will help to determine if the Photos app is displaying a cached version; which I or the app has no control over.

If the "/media/internal/.ncognito/downloads/cserve" and the files do not exist, then this will help to determine if it's a special character in the file name preventing the file from being moved. If so, can you email a few of the file names to support@code-crunch.com?

Thanks.
    Try hiding the files, then use Internalz to verify the directory, "/media/internal/.ncognito/downloads/cserve". I would like to see if the app has created this directory and moved the files there or not. With Facebook pictures, the app will move a version of the photo to the hidden directory, but the Photos app will still display a cached version of the Facebook picture. This may be the same issue. I don't know where "cserve" lives, is this on your own server? If you can verify the directory after hiding, this will help to determine if the Photos app is displaying a cached version; which I or the app has no control over.

If the "/media/internal/.ncognito/downloads/cserve" and the files do not exist, then this will help to determine if it's a special character in the file name preventing the file from being moved. If so, can you email a few of the file names to support@code-crunch.com?

Thanks.
    The folder is on the Touchpad and no where else. The folder never gets created under the .ncognito folder in all of my testing. I won't be able to test again until tonight.
    Ok, first, this is working great on my Touchpad. Love the new version.

My problem is my Pre3. I had the phone version, but it somehow got stuck? It said there were hidden files, but couldn't unlock any, and the numbers were all 0. I figured I should uninstall and reinstall.

I uninstalled fine, but couldn't find the app to reinstall. I used apptuckerbox/Preware, but that shows my Touchpad version of the application, which I can confirm does NOT work on the Pre3.

How can I re-download the phone version on my Pre3?

Thanks for all the work on this. Very happy to have purchased this (twice).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Ok, first, this is working great on my Touchpad. Love the new version.

My problem is my Pre3. I had the phone version, but it somehow got stuck? It said there were hidden files, but couldn't unlock any, and the numbers were all 0. I figured I should uninstall and reinstall.

I uninstalled fine, but couldn't find the app to reinstall. I used apptuckerbox/Preware, but that shows my Touchpad version of the application, which I can confirm does NOT work on the Pre3.

How can I re-download the phone version on my Pre3?

Thanks for all the work on this. Very happy to have purchased this (twice).
    Hi ka1,
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the update. Do you have separate profiles for your TouchPad and phone? You shouldn't have had to purchase it twice. Using the same profile would've installed it on both the phone and the TouchPad.

As for the Mojo/Pre version, I've disabled it from being downloadable for the phones because the newest updates breaks it on the phone (both versions are bundled into one package). Because the Enyo/TouchPad version has way more features, I'm working on creating an Enyo version for the phone. But I'm still hitting a few bumps because Enyo isn't fully compatible with the Pre. I still think this is a more viable solution than trying to create and maintain two totally different versions of the same app. Enyo and Mojo coding are definitely different. I guess this is what the Android fragmentation feels like lol.

Also, if you haven't already, can you leave a review in the App Catalog when you get a chance?

Thanks again.
    donfly,

Don't know if you are still around. I really love your app. It works great, but I have a special problem. I have a lot of album art for my music. I want to hide this album art from the Photos & Video app, but not from the music player. Also, the album art is in the same folders as the songs. If I hide those folders will I hide the music from the music app also?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234