Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Thank you so much for this app. I just bought it twice - once for the Touchpad, once for the Frankenpre. It really serves a need, something the original PalmOS did that WebOS does not.

I'll give it a positive review soon.

Several requests:
    1. As others have pointed out, hiding folders is key. If you can't hide an entire folder, can you give us the option to check all/uncheck all? Almost as good, just an extra tap.
    2. Can you have it remember the previous selected folder by default, or as a drop-down? Since we can't hide folders, we have to drill back into the file structure repeatedly when using the phone version... takes forever, and gets annoying.
    3. Can you also include memos/notes, a la PalmOS?

Thanks again for your support. These are the kind of apps that complete the ecosystem.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Thank you so much for this app. I just bought it twice - once for the Touchpad, once for the Frankenpre. It really serves a need, something the original PalmOS did that WebOS does not.

I'll give it a positive review soon.

Several requests:
    1. As others have pointed out, hiding folders is key. If you can't hide an entire folder, can you give us the option to check all/uncheck all? Almost as good, just an extra tap.
    2. Can you have it remember the previous selected folder by default, or as a drop-down? Since we can't hide folders, we have to drill back into the file structure repeatedly when using the phone version... takes forever, and gets annoying.
    3. Can you also include memos/notes, a la PalmOS?

Thanks again for your support. These are the kind of apps that complete the ecosystem.

Thank you for your support. Actually, creating/moving/hiding folders and files are included in the upcoming update. Also, there is a "Select all" option as well (great minds think alike ). I'm hoping to have it submitted this week. There are many variables pertaining to moving files and folders in and out of each other, and also, if they currently reside within the app; so I'm still working out a few "gotchas".
    Any news on the update?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Yes, I'm really looking forward to the update. Any news?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  5.    #45  
    Hi everyone... sorry for the late response.
    Testing has been complete, and everything seems to function properly. There were lots of different scenarios to test.. with moving and renaming files, moving and renaming folders, moving files within folders, and moving folders within folders. Everything appears to function properly and as expected.

However, lol.. my internet router went bad, but should be receiving it tomorrow. I will update you once I've submitted the app to HP.

Thanks for your support.
    Great! Looking forward to this update! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by donfly View Post
    Hi everyone... sorry for the late response.
    Testing has been complete, and everything seems to function properly. There were lots of different scenarios to test.. with moving and renaming files, moving and renaming folders, moving files within folders, and moving folders within folders. Everything appears to function properly and as expected.

However, lol.. my internet router went bad, but should be receiving it tomorrow. I will update you once I've submitted the app to HP.

Thanks for your support.
    Any luck? Really happy with the app, can't wait for the update.
    KA1
    A must have app! I'll be checking this out tomorrow!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    What happened to the update to this app?
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    What happened to the update to this app?
    Hello all, sorry... the update is still coming. There have been a few bumps in my personal life, and with dealing with the limitations of webOS (lol). The remaining issue I've been having for the past few weeks is with the hiding of folders. It appears that there's no implementation of notifying the system of changes to folders/directories as a whole; only individual files. So, even though the app would move the entire folder into it's "hidden" location, the Photos app (for instance) wouldn't be notified of the change and update itself. It would still display cached versions of the images. I'm currently working on a workaround for this; which is going great. From the looks of it, I could possibly have the update ready for submission by tomorrow evening (let's hope). I do thank you all for your patience and support; and I hope to deliver you the quality of features you're looking for.

On another note....

With the upcoming update, I did implement my own video picker for selecting videos. However, with the release of webOS 3.0.5, HP has fixed this, and the "Video" option is now working when selecting "Add a file". You can select and hide videos now, but.... you won't be able to view the "Videos" panel within 'Ncognito or remove the videos from the list due to the button being disabled. So, I'm really pushing hard to get this update out this week.
    ka1 likes this.
    Thanks! Looking forward to it. Great app.
    KA1
    That's great news. Thanks for the status update on this great app!
  13.    #53  
    FINALLY!!!

After countless hours of blood, sweat, tears, and cheap vodka... I've submitted the newest version of 'Ncognito (version 1.3.0); which should be available for download within a few days. I will post the details of the new features when the app is available. But until then, here's a teaser...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (72.5 KB, 17 views)
    That's great! Looking forward to getting the update!
  15.    #55  
    Thanks! Looking forward to it. Great app.
    Hi ka1,
    Just to let you know, this update is for the TouchPad only. I'm working now on porting the Mojo version for the phone over to Enyo so that both can have the same functionality. This should be relatively quick. I'll keep you posted.
  16.    #56  
    Version 1.3.1 is now available for download from the App Catalog.

New in this Version (TouchPad Only) :

* Videos can now be hidden
    * Add, create, move, and hide folders
    * Move files and folders within existing folders
    * Have files automatically hide when exiting option added in the Preferences
    * Option added to 'Select All' files or folders for removal
    So far so good! Got the update and I was able to hide folders without issue. Still looking through the features. Thanks again!
    Why just the Touchpad? I need this on my Pre3.

thanks, btw
    KA1
  19.    #59  
    Why just the Touchpad? I need this on my Pre3.

thanks, btw
    Mojo and Enyo are two entirely different frameworks. To update the Mojo version to include all of the new features will take just as long as it did for the TouchPad version; or maybe longe. It would be like creating a new app (Mojo and Enyo programming is totally different). I'm hoping the App Catalog is working by filtering the update for only the TouchPad right now, as installing this version on the Pre will completely break it. It won't load on the Pre at all.

I was thinking of scrapping any updates for the Pre, as it's too much trouble maintaining and updating two different versions of the app. I'm going to attempt to create an Enyo version, which will work on the Pre. But there's a possibility that it may not work, because Enyo 1.0 isn't fully compatible on the Pre. Enyo 2.0 is scheduled for later this year and should be able to install on multiple platforms.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    So far so good! Got the update and I was able to hide folders without issue. Still looking through the features. Thanks again!
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the update.

At your convenience, can you leave a review in the App Catalog, or update it if you have one already?

Thanks again.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast