Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ediggity View Post
    Looks like right now, the files are hidden on a .ncognito folder on the Internal/Media folder. Can you hide the files in a more obscure folder and not within the Internal/Media folder?

This is something I've been looking for so nice app.
    Thanks for choosing 'Ncognito.

HP/Palm has limited access to the '/internal/media/' directory. The only other directory the app can write to is its own. A user may forget he/she has files hidden and decide to delete the app, or may need to doctor the device. Those files will then be deleted as well. Using the /internal/media/ directory is a safer alternative.
  2.    #22  
    An update fixing a few bugs is available for download.
  3.    #23  
    Another update is on the way. This way optimizes perfomance dramatically, and also includes an option to "hide when exiting" in the Preferences.
    dectech likes this.
    Not sure what happened, but ncognito shows its hiding 0 files but it really is hiding 50 pictures. I can't view them in the stock pictures app and they don't show up in incognito. Please help!

I have a password set for the program and cannot remove the password until I unhide the pictures that do not show up in the program.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Not sure what happened, but ncognito shows its hiding 0 files but it really is hiding 50 pictures. I can't view them in the stock pictures app and they don't show up in incognito. Please help!

I have a password set for the program and cannot remove the password until I unhide the pictures that do not show up in the program.

I'm not sure as to what caused the error, but you can uninstall and re-download the app. Your files are safe, so you can simply put the device in usb mode and move them anywhere outside of the hidden folder. There should be "logs" directory within the .ncognito folder. Please email me the text file. It may help me to identify what caused your problem.
  6.    #26  
    An updated version is now available for download. The update includes improved performance, an option in the Preferences to "auto-hide" when exiting, and the panes now display a slide-in animation.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by donfly View Post
    An updated version is now available for download. The update includes improved performance, an option in the Preferences to "auto-hide" when exiting, and the panes now display a slide-in animation.
    Another update is one the way, and should be available by the end of the week. A bug slipped through with the "Auto-hide on exit" option. Currently if you've hidden your files without turning on the auto hide option, the app will not find the hidden files, and remove them from its database. You can simply put the device in usb mode, and move the files anywhere outside of hidden directory (if you don't happen to know the original directories); and re-add them to 'Ncognito once you install the update (version 1.2.1).

I do apologize, and thank you all for your patience and support. More functionality and goodies coming soon.
    Moving forward I think you should get beta testers before you release to the public. I have experienced the latest bug twice and now I'm hesitant to try any new versions. After running webOS doctor to fix a flaw in your first version, that is something I do not want to do again.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Moving forward I think you should get beta testers before you release to the public. I have experienced the latest bug twice and now I'm hesitant to try any new versions. After running webOS doctor to fix a flaw in your first version, that is something I do not want to do again.
    Hi rstark,
    Thanks for your feedback. You've experienced the "latest" bug twice, if you've installed the same version, twice. As with any program/software, there will be bugs that slip by; even within webOS itself. I believe you decided to doctor the device because of an issue you had downloading files from the internet; this has nothing to do with the app. Doctoring will not fix a bug in anyone's app, but return the device to its factory state. The issue that slipped by was with the "auto hide" option where, if you hid files, but the auto-hide option was off, the app didn't recognize that the files were hidden. When you re-opened the app, it looked for the "unhidden" files in its original location. Because it didn't find the files, it removed the references to them in its database. This has been caught, and fixed; and I do apologize for any inconvenience.

I thank everyone for their support, criticism, and suggestions. I am making strides to add suggested functionality, but, also know that everyone won't be pleased. I know many will have an "idea", of what they would like the app to do. And some things can't be implemented, due to the limitations of webOS; such as video files. While this works on the phones, but HP has not implemented this into the TouchPad. So, should the developer get a bad rating because of this?

Again, I thank everyone for their support and patience; and help in identifying any outstanding bugs. I look forward to hearing more of your suggestions.

Code-Crunch.com
  10.    #30  
    Hi rstark,
    Thanks for your feedback. You've experienced the "latest" bug twice, if you've installed the same version, twice. As with any program/software, there will be bugs that slip by; even within webOS itself. I believe you decided to doctor the device because of an issue you had downloading files from the internet; this has nothing to do with the app. Doctoring will not fix a bug in anyone's app, but return the device to its factory state. The issue that slipped by was with the "auto hide" option where, if you hid files, but the auto-hide option was off, the app didn't recognize that the files were hidden. When you re-opened the app, it looked for the "unhidden" files in its original location. Because it didn't find the files, it removed the references to them in its database. This has been caught, and fixed; and I do apologize for any inconvenience.

I thank everyone for their support, criticism, and suggestions. I am making strides to add suggested functionality, but, also know that everyone won't be pleased. I know many will have an "idea", of what they would like the app to do. And some things can't be implemented, due to the limitations of webOS; such as video files. While this works on the phones, but HP has not implemented this into the TouchPad. So, should the developer get a bad rating because of this?

Again, I thank everyone for their support and patience; and help in identifying any outstanding bugs. I look forward to hearing more of your suggestions.

Code-Crunch.com
    rstark....

By the way, I want to thank you for stepping up and volunteering to be a beta tester of my future apps

Cheers!!!
  11.    #31  
    A workaround for now is to go into the Preferences and turn on "auto hide". Do not hide the files yourself, but allow the app to do so when exiting.
  12.    #32  
    An update containing a major bug fix is now available for download. If everything is satisfactory, an update of your review/rating will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Code-Crunch.com
    Any chance of the "hide folder" option coming soon?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Any chance of the "hide folder" option coming soon?
    Currently working on it.
    Currently working on it.
    Thanks. Looking forward to this!
    any news on updates for this app? Thanks.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    any news on updates for this app? Thanks.
    A bunch of "goodies" should be coming this week.
    That's good to hear. I'm looking through the app catalog periodically looking for an update. Thanks for the news!
  19.    #39  
    The new update is still coming. It's been delayed due to a few last minute enhancements. It should be submitted this week.
    Awesome! Thanks.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast