Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rbyrne
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    This would be so good, is there any way this could be done?

Surely it wouldn't break copywrite because you would still need an account to play?
    addison34 likes this.
    The game crashes after you try to start it. I think there is an issue with the open JVM for ARM.

This guy posted a video , getting to the login page:
    http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=F2KQSgSoVCQ

I did that a few months ago as soon as the ubuntu chroot was released. At first it was impossible to login, due to keyboard mapping issues. Those have since been resolved, but the game crashes when you actually try to start the world.

Actually, I started it up last night and I did get prompts to update to 1.8, which I accepted, but then I just got a black window.

I might mess with it some this weekend, but I likely don't have the know how to fix any underlying issues with the openJDK for ARM...

I'll at least try to make a video to document the behavior.
    Did you do this all in flash?

There are a lot of views on this thread and not so many replies. I'd love to to play adventure... And have sad glimpse of hope that I can login to my server and build from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by watahboy View Post
    Did you do this all in flash?

There are a lot of views on this thread and not so many replies. I'd love to to play adventure... And have sad glimpse of hope that I can login to my server and build from it.
    This is running the minecraft.jar from the Ubuntu Chroot via Xecutah. I played around some with launching the jar last night, but I somehow broke my xserver functionality right before I was going to record a video of the behavior. I decided to just re-run the meta doctor and start from scratch, as I had been using releases from the old testing feeds anyway. But that took all night to restore my profile, so I didn't get a chance yet.

Basically the issue has to do with the GL libs that minecraft wants to use (forget exact lib name). The included .so libs don't include an ARM implementations, just x86 and x64. There is a development package for this lib in the Ubuntu ARM repo though, so maybe there is hope.

I saw some android forums where this problem was also being discussed, but I didn't see any easy resolution in my brief search.

Hopefully I'll get some time in the next couple days to update my findings here.
    Ok, the library I was mentioning is liblwjgl.so or the Lightweight Java Game library.

lwjgl.org - Home of the Lightweight Java Game Library

First, I backed up my ~/.minecraft/bin/natives directory. Then I went in and just deleted the liblwjgl.so and liblwjgl64.so. Then I made a symlink ~/.minecraft/bin/natives/liblwjgl.so -> /usr/lib/jni/liblwjgl.so

You might have to install the apt-package for this first, under the Ubuntu chroot, called 'liblwjgl-java'.

With that symlink in place, I get a little further in the game launch process that I was before. This time I actually get the minecraft crash report to come up inside the application, instead of just a blank black screen after logging in.

This is the error I get on the console now:

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not init GLX
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.initDefaultPeerInfo(Native Method)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.<init>(LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.java:52)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.createPeerInfo(LinuxDisplay.java:684)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:854)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:201)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:629)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not init GLX
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.initDefaultPeerInfo(Native Method)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.<init>(LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.java:52)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.createPeerInfo(LinuxDisplay.java:684)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:854)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:233)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:629)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Video of fail:
    Last edited by jcerwinske; 09/21/2011 at 11:38 PM.
    Or just see this wiki entry. Doh.

Minecraft - WebOS Internals
    I know everyone is shooting for big apples, but has anyone tried to use the much smaller, simpler, and on the whole useless Minecraft4k?

Just a suggestion, I haven't got the linux experience to even try.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imthedarkcyde View Post
    I know everyone is shooting for big apples, but has anyone tried to use the much smaller, simpler, and on the whole useless Minecraft4k?

Just a suggestion, I haven't got the linux experience to even try.
    I'm not even sure I want that on my HPT =P Haha
    But I would love Minecraft Survival mode on my touchpad, it would be epic. The controls are really good on Android phones, so it should be easy to do on the touchpad really?
    99 times out of 100, "so it should be easy" is exactly the opposite.

Minecraft on Android is a native Android app on a Java-based platform, so it was relatively uneventful to port based on what Mojang said of the group tasked to do it.

webOS is not a Java-based platform and, as you can see, Minecraft isn't even working when you try to jackhammer it into Ubuntu on the Touchpad.
    Man I could really burn time with Minecraft on the TP.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Then get on cracking and port lwjgl and jinput to SDL. If the libraries are properly written cross-compiling for ARM is the least of all problems.
    You might have good luck posting about this over on the Minecraft community forums. MC has a very active and very large community. Heck, a webOS port of the MC Pocket Edition could probably be made if Mojang saw a demand for it.
    h