Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    LoL...it was easier to get a firesale TouchPad than to get these apps before the promo codes run out.

couldn't agree with you more!

getting Touchpads was like taking candy from babies, compared to getting free apps.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Ditto here

LoL...it was easier to get a firesale TouchPad than to get these apps before the promo codes run out.
    lol, it is pretty cheesy how HP handles the promo codes. I'm happy for everyone who got in on it but they don't seem to email everyone.
    Yep, I didn't get an email either, and it says that I can't sign up or am already signed up for their newsletter.
    You gotta log in if you already have a webOS account (top righthand corner of the Newsletter Signup page). Weirdly, it only asks for your email.

Hopefully now I'm prepared for the next round of emails
    I saw the email as soon as it came,but I was at work. 2hrs later...all gone. I only wanted the cookbook one. :-(
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I think its bogus that for me I went to try and get the apps as soon as I received the email but by then the promo codes had been all used up for 3-4 hours already. Pretty shady really as they got me to add a credit card in order to be able to attempt to redeem the promo codes that turned out to not work.
    Which ones? Have you actually used apps on other platforms? Most of the pay ones here work half as well as the free ones on other mobile platforms, and most have quite a few bugs, missing features (comparatively speaking). Most of the free ones are outright useless.
    Of course I have! I've bought and used apps on PalmOS, Windows Mobile, Android, and webOS. I am anti-fruit, but have helped others with iphone apps. There are plenty of really good webOS apps that measure up to those on other platforms. If anything, the webOS apps tend to be much more consistent in user experience (how you do things, not how they look). Yes, there are some things that can't be done in webOS apps due to SDK limitations (yes, document editing is a really weak area), but that doesn't make every app that is out there worthless or featureless or ugly. Every platform has its share of cr-Apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Incindium View Post
    I think its bogus that for me I went to try and get the apps as soon as I received the email but by then the promo codes had been all used up for 3-4 hours already. Pretty shady really as they got me to add a credit card in order to be able to attempt to redeem the promo codes that turned out to not work.
    +1
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    blame scalperdeals (slickdeals) they posted all the codes on the forum and were gone within an hour or less.
    wilsonlam97 likes this.
    What the hell, I didn't a get an e-mail, and when I tired to sign up to receive them, it said my e-mail address was already in use... which it probably is, as I've signed up for the developer program, and I do get the Developer Newsletter as well as the "HP webOS newsletters" from HPwebOS_@news.palmnewsletters.com

So why didn't I get the e-mail with the free app codes?
    Life isn't fair. Sucks, don't it. However, should be some way to make it fair so no one is left out - like in youth sports today, there are no winners & losers, plus everyone gets a trophy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    blame scalperdeals (slickdeals) they posted all the codes on the forum and were gone within an hour or less.
    well..... without Slickdeals, I would never have heard of the Touchpad.

I knew HP came out with some kind of tablet in early July(or was it June?)...
    however, I paid zero attention to it. I never even heard of "Touchpad"
    and I thought it was a keyboard touchpad. I bought a 64GB iPad a
    couple of months earlier.

The day that HP started the fire sale, I read about it on Slickdeals an hour
    after the first thread started. I was actually reading about it while sitting
    in my car using the iPad over 3G. For the next 40 minutes, I started to
    Google "Touchpad" to see what the heck kind of tablet it was.

Satisfied that it should be a decent tablet, especially at $99, I jumped
    back into Slickdeals to look for the links to order the Touchpads. I only
    managed to place an order on HP's website. Only got two... my next
    order for one didnt' make it. Fortunately, I got lucky at the local Best
    Buy a week later and snatched two more.
    Those of you who don't like TP because of lack of apps (or whatever reason), why not sell it on ebay or craigslist and make some money? I mean no one is forcing you to use this thing. For the price I paid and for my uses (web, pandora, youtube, etc) I can't complain. Would I like more quality apps? Sure. But it is what it is. I knew going in what I wanted and what TP offered. Just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Those of you who don't like TP because of lack of apps (or whatever reason), why not sell it on ebay or craigslist and make some money? I mean no one is forcing you to use this thing. For the price I paid and for my uses (web, pandora, youtube, etc) I can't complain. Would I like more quality apps? Sure. But it is what it is. I knew going in what I wanted and what TP offered. Just saying...
    Agreed.

My wife is uninteresting and not remotely as pretty as my former girlfriend. On the other hand,
    she has a fantastic body and is an excellent chef who should probalby have her own TV
    cooking show.

Wait... what the heck am I saying this in public for?
    wilsonlam97 likes this.
    LMAO
    wilsonlam97 likes this.
    What email are you guys getting. I've registered with everything HP i can find and yet I got no email.
    Have yourself a Supersonic Friday!
    Letís be frank: Could there be any better way to start your weekend then kicking into some radiant Supersonic HD neon-racing action on your HP TouchPad with a soundtrack provided by Finnish artist collective Kitkaliitto pouring out in all its Beats Audio goodness?

Of course there is. And that would be if you could somehow get the 5-star-rated Supersonic HD app for free. If you werenít able to grab it in time from our email promotion yesterday, hereís another chance -- and this promotion includes codes for customers in the US, Germany, Canada, UK, and France.

Once again, supplies are limited, and the promo codes expire at 12:01 AM on September 24 (or until the available inventory is gone). And if you already have a promo code on your account, you may want to use that up before applying a new code. Here are the codes you'll need in each country where this promo is available:

US snrjv07942odtxk

Canada zrveg50737oetln

Germany bsloe63889rthvp

UK nnoys53451cnijp

France vnwcb01014xljgi

And trust me: Kitkaliitto makes a much better soundtrack for your Friday than Rebecca Black. (Forgotten her already?)

And now for a word from legal:

App Promo Rules

Eligibility Requirements: HP employees, HP reseller partners, HP customers and HP webOS developer partners are eligible to use the Weekly App Promo codes. Promo participants require a TouchPad with a current functioning user profile; with credit card purchasing enabled. The promo codes above will expire on 9/24/11 at 12:01 am PST. Promo codes are available for as long as inventories last.

Customers with an existing promo credit in their account may be unable to redeem these codes, and the price of the app will be deducted from their current credit.

To redeem this offer select the desired app for purchase in the HP App catalog, selecting the option to purchase using a promo code, and when prompted enter the promo code. No charges will be made against your credit card, but you will receive a receipt.

The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Third-party software available separately. Within wireless coverage area only. Requires data services at additional cost. Not all apps available on all devices.

Within wireless coverage area only. Actual speeds may vary. Email, mobile number, and related information required for setup and activation. Required data sold separately; unlimited plan recommended and may be required. Not all web content may be available. All screen images simulated.

Jon Zilber
    Touchpaddle and PrinceAlbert like this.
    Got it! Thanks!

Edit 1: Got it again! Thanks! (friends' Touchpad)

Edit 2: Got it yet again! Thanks! (next-next-next-next-door neighbor's Touchpad)

OMG, I did NOT even know what Supersonic HD was. I just saw the words "free"
    and the promo code.... or any phrase that has 5 letter followed by 5 number and
    then another 5 letters, as in abcde12345vwxyz... my immediate reaction was to
    rush to get my Touchpad... I felt blood rushing into my brain and my fingers...
    launched Apps Catalog, type Supersonic HD, enter my passord and promo code,
    hit "use promo code" and success! (three times )

All these free app promo codes have succesfully trained me into a robot...
    (or a trained monkey?)

Oh... now I just realized that Supersonic HD is a game. Cool!
    Last edited by Touchpaddle; 09/16/2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Got it!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast