Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    is there any way with the KINDLE APP, to be able to load newspapers? when I go to amazon, it tells me I dont have a device that supports newspapers.. I dont want to use it for books.. only newspapers and magazines and I cant...
    Can you read newspapers and magazines on Kindle for PC? If so you could probably download them to the computer then sideload them to the TouchPad but you may have to remove DRM which I won't get into here.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    Can you read newspapers and magazines on Kindle for PC? If so you could probably download them to the computer then sideload them to the TouchPad but you may have to remove DRM which I won't get into here.
    No idea.. I dont want to go through all of that.. I just want it delivered to my kindle app each day on the TP. doesnt anyone know how???
    i believe newspapers and magazines are only available for the actual Kindle hardware. you could send an email to the Kindle Support (not just Amazon support) and double check.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Well this stinks.. I want to get my local newspaper on the KINDLE APP and now I cant.. hopefully there will be a way...
    You could probably download them to the computer.

I think cparsons1 is right, and it has something to do with the way newspapers and magazines are licensed. I've never bought other than books for my kindle, so sorry I'm of no help there.
    that sucks. I have a kobo ereader already but would like to get magazines on the kindle app.
    for the life of me I don't understand why magazines and especially newspapers wouldn't license all the ways possible. Its not like it costs them anything to make the file. They are just losing out on that possible profit.
    calibre and the kindle import homebrew app... Calibre ccan pull news websites and load them in ebook form works very well actually you may have to figure out how to custom load your local newspaper but that possibility is there too.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I've never read papers on Kindle or Kobo, so I don't know why that would be advantagous.
    My newspaper has had an electronic edition for years. I have read it on my TungstenC, TX, Pre+, and TouchPad.
    Check with your local paper about electronic options. Most papers have something set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    calibre and the kindle import homebrew app... Calibre ccan pull news websites and load them in ebook form works very well actually you may have to figure out how to custom load your local newspaper but that possibility is there too.
    yeah no hassle. There. Seriously guys. Stop with the newspapers can be sideloaded using calibre shot. No reason I can't get newspapers loaded automatically on the kindle app other than some beauracratic bs.
    I'd like to read newspapers too via the kindle app & sent both kindle & amazon emails. I suggest anyone interested do the same
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I dotn even know how you would SIDE LOAD the newspaper.. BUT I dont want that.. I want it automatically downloaded to my TP. This SHOULD be possible.. here is the response I received when I asked the kindle support people:
    ------------

Hello,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Currently, periodicals such as newspapers and magazines aren't available on Kindle app for Touchpad.

Ive forwarded your concern to our development team and we'll consider your feedback as we plan further improvements. We're regularly working on improvements to your Kindle experience. I've let the Kindle team know you're interested in this feature.

It is always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects. Your valuable feedback will help us to improve the selection and service we provide and we're glad you took time to write to us.

We do value the feedback of our customers and make every attempt to integrate their comments or suggestions into our stores and procedures.

Thanks for using Kindle.

----------

I bet nothing ever changes....
    I'm not amazon just offering you a solution. You don't like it? Fine.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    I'm not amazon just offering you a solution. You don't like it? Fine.
    Not that I dont like it but TELL ME how I do this? HOW do I order the paper kindle edition when the system tells me I dont have a compatible device?

How would I go about getting the DIGITAL EDITION of the PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER and then loading it into the kindle app??