Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone(or group) working on a FREE app that can
    play 720p MKV/AVI/MP4 video files smoothly?

If so, I'd love to make a donation to him/her/them.

Thanks!
    dmcccdmn likes this.
    I have not heard of anything, most people putting that kind of time into the app would rather sale it than count on a few people to actually donate.

Do you not like the kalemsoft app?
    It may be $6, but with the latest version of Kalemsoft I have had ZERO issues playing 720P MKV files. And the interface is ridiculously fast! I sometimes have issues skipping around inside of MKV files within Windows, and fast forwarding through them on my WDTV Live Plus also has issues. However in Kalemsoft, if I want to jump to 35 minutes in, I can drag the slider to 35 minutes, and it begins playing immediately. It isn't just that it plays my files on a non-overclocked touchpad, it's that it doesn't struggle to do so either - it is snappy, responsive, and frankly a pleasure to use.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    yeah any reason you arent going with kalemsoft???

how much would you donate??
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    yeah any reason you arent going with kalemsoft???

how much would you donate??
    I would donate $20.97 ($6.99 x 3) because I don't like Kalemsoft's Media Player.

Let me know what PayPal address to send the donation to. (only if it goes directly
    into developement of a media player for the Touchpad)
    dmcccdmn likes this.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    well best of luck finding a player. its gonna stink when kalemsoft gets it figured out and they price jump a tad.
    gogo port of vlc.
    right now there is a really not optimized free media player called touchplayer on preware. maybe you can donate to them....and if they have enough donation, maybe they will make it work better and play other AV format.
    Good luck with that. What is it that you don't like about Kalemsoft?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    it fails at smoth xvid 720p avi's is what I hear. This is the format I need for my movies so I'm waiting for another player.
    Quote Originally Posted by leif View Post
    it fails at smoth xvid 720p avi's is what I hear. This is the format I need for my movies so I'm waiting for another player.
    That's what you've heard? There is a demo version on the website. You don't even bother to try/test it out but you will only base your opinion on what you've heard?

I've serious doubt about your intention; espcially your pledge of donation.
    he is not the guy saying he is going to donate...did you read the thread?
    knownboyofno and dmcccdmn like this.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    +1 for anyone working on a legitimate streaming player. Seems to me that playing streamed video from a network LAN is an obvious need tablets. I am surprised at the dearth of options.
    kalemsoft is the best!
    I'm confused (not unusual)

Can Kalemsoft play files that are locally stored on the touchpad rather than being streamed from another machine ?
    Video playing/streaming is definitely one of the most important aspect when it comes to using a tablet. I, too, hope there will be more options for the TouchPad.
    yes it play localy located file, just try the demo. and yes it play streaming too
    Kalem works. Your encoding probably sucks (I dono how). Why don't you save your money and get a droid Tab then?
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    I'm confused (not unusual)

Can Kalemsoft play files that are locally stored on the touchpad rather than being streamed from another machine ?
    Somebody else already answered this, but I want to add a little. Yes it plays local files (of many file types) and streams.

Now here's the kicker, not only does it stream. You can stream from a media server (say Home Theater PC) from anywhere. Lots of people have their stuff setup so they can get at their content from wherever they are at with a WiFi signal. To add to that, folks have successfully been able to stream live TV from their video capture card in their HTPC.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I just set up the kalemsoft media server last night and pointed it at my downloaded TV shows - all of which are 720P MKV files. Wow. Just wow. This utterly destroys the setup of Orb that I have - it is so much easier to stream, and the quality is significantly better. I've only watched a couple minutes so far, so I'll try watching a whole episode before final judgement, but frankly this software just got a whole heck of a lot more valuable to me.

This is a CRAZY GOOD deal at $6!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast