Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    kalem's media player IS very good, and does play a lot of formats, id guess most people having issues will be weird codec settings related.

Ive not had a single "bad, bad" issue playback wise my only issue is filename length (yet to see if new version fixed the scroll for nearly forever issue i had).

the media streamer works fine with my mifi setup as well, only issues ive ever had showed up as codec related on my pc's VLC, showing as "damaged/bad codecs" they still played but would randmly crash vlc, so its kinda expected kalems/others would as well.
    Would like to see more settings now.

Default folder upon open
    Ability to delete
    Eh that's about it. Kalems pretty strong.
    I use Kalemsoft's player and it is well worth the $6-$7. It plays my 720p vids that are stored locally quite easily. It also plays my divx movies w/o issue. I've not tried the streaming portion of it.

That being said, hope the OP can find a free player if that's what he/she chooses.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Is there a difference between the software from the website and what is available thru the App Catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by toymechanic View Post
    Is there a difference between the software from the website and what is available thru the App Catalog?
    No but make sure you get the one from their site. You'll get faster updates. I wish I would have done that when I purchased it..
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    The main difference between the website vs catalog is that the website will lock the software to only one TP, where the catalog will run on multiple TP's registered with the same WebOS account.

I bought my first copy from the website, not knowing this. I have 3 TP's in my account (mine, wife, and daughter). I just bought the latest version from the catalog so I can run it on the other two.
    I've had no issues playing local content on the TouchPad with Kalemsoft but as my media server is a Linux box there is no way that I know of to stream to the player. What I did with Touchplayer (in preware) is create a folder (/media/internal/storage) and using CIFs mount my media share there. Then I open Touchplayer and simply browse to the folder like it's local. Works great.

For some reason when I use the Kalemsoft player this folder shows up as empty though so it doesn't work - at least I found out by using the demo first before shelling out for it.
    Hey guys. newbie here with a cuple questions..

I have a lot of 720p mkv movies I'd like to play. Now I know that the TP can only handle files that are 4gb or less, so I guess I need to convert those down to mp4 quality to store on the TP.

Anyways, I've installed the BETA Kalemsoft app and tried to play my 1.5GB file of a Star Trek Remastered episode (mkv file). I'm overclocked and installed preware. But the dang thing still skips and the audio is out of sync.

So am I missing something here? I would gladly pay for the app if I knew it wouldn't studder like the beta version.

Also, i assume to stream using the player it needs to be on the same wifi network?

Thanks!
    for me, I need a player that can support MKV subtitles.
    asif9t9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by toymechanic View Post
    Thanks for letting me know that you can buy it from their website. Now I'm carrying 6USD less on my card.

Are there any other good apps that you can buy without using the App Catalog? I don't have an american credit card so I can't buy from the app catalog.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12