1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I thought it might be interesting over the coming months to try and track the number of apps available via the app catalogue to see if development increases, decreases or simply stays the same.

To keep it simple, I'm using the search "For touchpad".

14th Sept 2011

UK App cat = 437

Anyone able to supply figures from their local catalogue?
    Are you counting them manually?
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    Are you counting them manually?

No - I'm simply searching in the app catalogue for 'For touchpad' - that is not going to give apps that available for the phones as well but I'm only interested in touchpad apps. While I might be missing a few apps here or there, by using the same search over time, it will allow me to see the broad direction of the market (if that makes sense).

Maybe there is a better way - anyone got any ideas?

On the subject of counting them manually - there is something to said for that in terms of trying to work out what the variation and variety of apps are in the market - for example, there are 57 versions of the same app in the touch-pad market (A French city guide which itself is in french).
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    14th Sept 2011

UK App cat = 437

21th Sept 2011

UK App cat = 462
    USA- 480 September 21st
    Funny, I open the catalog every other day or so and sort by "New" and I see very few new apps. Certainly not 43 of them in the past week.

What am I missing?
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Funny, I open the catalog every other day or so and sort by "New" and I see very few new apps. Certainly not 43 of them in the past week.

What am I missing?
    I'm wondering about this as well - anyone have an answer?
    I think there was a pause from Sunday, which was an odd day for Music Player Remix to be released, until Wednesday. I noticed several, 15-20~, new apps, but not 43 I don't think.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel