Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By boucles0
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

Here's my new application for the HP TouchPad : Lithium News

Keep an eye on the latest news on Twitter, by placing a twitter window above the others in webOS. Browse through your favorite news on Twitter easily ! Choose the window size from the preferences panel.

Video :

Link for the beta version (soon available) : http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.scienceapps.lithiumnewshd

More about Lithium News : ScienceApps website
    Attached Images Attached Images
    sledge007, sorli and mistaox like this.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Wow, this looks great! Look forward when this releases.
  3.    #4  
    Lithium news is now available ib the app catalog !

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    I just got this yesterday from the newsletter but i have to say I am not sure at all how to use it. I open it up but where do you input your twitter account info? Also is there a way for the bird in the notifications to not be there all the time, like can I have this on sometimes but not all the times? Sorry i just need a little guidance on how to set it up. thanks.
    It is a bit of a mystery to set up. It is easy to add feeds, but swiping over the feed doesn't delete it (like it would in most apps). The only way I've managed to delete a feed is to backspace it out, so I have a bunch of empty entries.
  6.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by froggys View Post
    I just got this yesterday from the newsletter but i have to say I am not sure at all how to use it. I open it up but where do you input your twitter account info? Also is there a way for the bird in the notifications to not be there all the time, like can I have this on sometimes but not all the times? Sorry i just need a little guidance on how to set it up. thanks.
    To add a twitter account, go to prefs panel, enter in the textfields your twitter search like webOS or #webOS or @palm

This is not a twitter client, only twitter search client.

To close Lithium News, just swipe it in the notification area
  7.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbr View Post
    It is a bit of a mystery to set up. It is easy to add feeds, but swiping over the feed doesn't delete it (like it would in most apps). The only way I've managed to delete a feed is to backspace it out, so I have a bunch of empty entries.
    To add feeds, you have to delete existing feeds (on finger - select all - backspace) to replace them. You can use rss feed search to copy & paste links.

Fell free to ask other question if it's not clear.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    To add a twitter account, go to prefs panel, enter in the textfields your twitter search like webOS or #webOS or @palm

This is not a twitter client, only twitter search client.

To close Lithium News, just swipe it in the notification area
    Oh i see, kind of like if I wanted to keep on top of he #FoundTP, then it would only stream those hashtags?

Ok got that I will go try that now,

second question, how do i swype in the notification area? i have a bird next to the clock all the time???

ETA: ok thanks, i added a few things and took out most others in the twitter as well as feeds.
    Last edited by froggys; 10/07/2011 at 03:02 PM.
  9.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by froggys View Post
    Oh i see, kind of like if I wanted to keep on top of he #FoundTP, then it would only stream those hashtags?

Ok got that I will go try that now,

second question, how do i swype in the notification area? i have a bird next to the clock all the time???

ETA: ok thanks, i added a few things and took out most others in the twitter as well as feeds.
    To close notification area just dismiss it like any notification
  10.    #12  
    Lithium News is one of the very few cross platorm application for webOS