Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
  1.    #1  
    Did not see this posted, so thought I'd give you guys a heads up...if it was already posted, mods please delete.

Gimpse 80% Off Sale
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/13/2011 at 10:35 PM.
    SmartFah likes this.
    1. Crud. Already have it.
    2. I don't really get it. Without email or facebook integration, what good is it? Maybe I am officially too old for tech because I don't see the need to lose part of my viewing screen in order to keep up with twitter and rss feeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by tvz97 View Post
    1. Crud. Already have it.
    2. I don't really get it. Without email or facebook integration, what good is it? Maybe I am officially too old for tech because I don't see the need to lose part of my viewing screen in order to keep up with twitter and rss feeds.
    Thanks for that - I assumed that it minimally had Twitter and FB. .
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Glimpse is great as a one-stop info "glimpse" app and does have Twitter...email, FB and a browser would be nice though...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    How much will the App be at 80% off?

I'm expecting my TouchPad tomorrow, so I'll be exploring the app catalog like crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    How much will the App be at 80% off?

I'm expecting my TouchPad tomorrow, so I'll be exploring the app catalog like crazy.
    browser and advanced browser supported, so is weather, stock ticker and Pandora, you have to buy the app to learn how to set this up. I paid 5 for app.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    hate when developers do this , you buy it at full price to support the work he does, then 1 week later he drops the price, of course there will be no adjustment.

reminds me of HP buy a touchpad at $400/500 then firesale $99/150
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Regardless of the percentages, comparing a couple bucks to a couple hundred bucks is pretty out there. If you bought it at full price to "support" him and his work, why complain now? Do you suddenly "support" him four dollars less?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    If this goes on sale for 99c tomorrow, I might buy it - but I have two questions

(a) When new widgets are introduced, do we need to buy them separately, or are they available as free app updates ?

(b) How is this different than widgets on iGoogle or My Yahoo! ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    hate when developers do this , you buy it at full price to support the work he does, then 1 week later he drops the price, of course there will be no adjustment.

If you bought to support his work why would you want an adjustment? I mean you could ask and he might do it, just seems like a contradiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by stl1859 View Post
    If this goes on sale for 99c tomorrow, I might buy it - but I have two questions

(a) When new widgets are introduced, do we need to buy them separately, or are they available as free app updates ?

(b) How is this different than widgets on iGoogle or My Yahoo! ?
    a) It depends. New widgets may be free or paid.
    b) Visit Inglorious Apps - Mobile Applications for WebOS and see the demo video on how this is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
    Regardless of the percentages, comparing a couple bucks to a couple hundred bucks is pretty out there. If you bought it at full price to "support" him and his work, why complain now? Do you suddenly "support" him four dollars less?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Glimpse is great as a one-stop info "glimpse" app and does have Twitter...email, FB and a browser would be nice though...
    There is already a browser. And next version will integrate Advanced browser (which is developed by another Dev: MakleSoft).
    Email is impossible.
    FB, maybe in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by tvz97 View Post
    ...I don't really get it. Without email or facebook integration, what good is it? Maybe I am officially too old for tech because I don't see the need to lose part of my viewing screen in order to keep up with twitter and rss feeds.
    its not for everyone. The idea of the App is 'simultasking'. Performing activities in one pane. For some Apps (like calculator, and weather), it's ridicilous having it consume an entire screen on a tablet. Which is why I created this interface for 'widgetizing' apps. It's not intended to be an all purpose, does everything app.
    Without email or facebook, you can still browse the web, view your rss, view your stocks, read your google reader feeds, view the weather, use a calcuator, view youtube videos, Create tasks, take notes, and Tweet. If none of these appeals to you, then you're right, it's all worthless...
    Btw, email is impossible
    it would appear this will not go live till 12 AM PST
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    There is already a browser. And next version will integrate Advanced browser (which is developed by another Dev: MakleSoft).
    Email is impossible.
    FB, maybe in the future.
    Email impossible? Boo, what about a mobile version of webbased gmail.
    Not that big on twitter, that being said, I will probably buy it with hopes of new free widgets being rolled out in the future.
    Google maps/latitude maybe? THanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    ... I will probably buy it with hopes of new free widgets being rolled out in the future...
    As long as you are fully aware of what you're buying
    It is still showing $5.00 . Do I need to enter a promo code?
    I'm guessing we are at the mercy of the people who update the catalog, which means it's unlikely to happen until the morning.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I downloaded the app this morning and it was listed for $.99. But, they charged me $5.00! Will I get a refund?
    llamabox likes this.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast