Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    snoopgoat - thanks so much for hooking us up with the sweet deal on this app. Bought it for .99 and am loving it. I appreciate your hard work and will make sure my friends who are still waiting for their touchpads to show up (if they ever do) pick up your app.

Question for you - I have Google reader in the left window and browser in the right one. When I click on a link in google reader it opens a completely new browser window (essentially taking me out of your app). Is there anyway to set it so that links I click in the Reader window open up in the Browser window?

Thanks again! I'm not a developer but I ran my own business for 7 years and know how dissapointing it is when you try to do something awesome for your clients and people complain about it. Most of us really appreciate the deal and the app!
    Also - I agree with the others about the .99 price tag. You didn't make nearly as much per sale but you got your app in front of a lot of people who normally wouldn't have bought it. Who knows what that's going to lead to? (hopefully good things!)

But then again I also agree with you when you said "But one thing I've come to accept is, I'd rather sell 100 copies to people who enjoy (and appreciate) my product, than to sell 1,000 copies to people who regret (or complain, or not satisfied)" I LOL'd when I read that cause I've been there and know exactly what your feeling right now!

So I guess I just contradicted myself in my own post. How bout that?!
    snoopgoat and toaste like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypertech View Post
    in the next update, do you think its possible to allow the user to switch the big screen to the left side and have the small widget on the right side?

thanks.
    Thought about that, but it kinda goes against the webOS UI, so I scrapped it
    Quote Originally Posted by supermatt9 View Post
    s...Question for you - I have Google reader in the left window and browser in the right one. When I click on a link in google reader it opens a completely new browser window (essentially taking me out of your app). Is there anyway to set it so that links I click in the Reader window open up in the Browser window?...
    I'm thinking of a way to do this
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    I'm thinking of a way to do this
    cool! Keep us posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    2. Download and install Glimpse - Developer's Cut
    Where do you find this? I don't see it in the catalog or in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Click on 'Help'
    Click on 'View More Apps'
    Click on 'download' and install via Preware.
    That's how.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    The instructions are right there. I seriously fail to understand how so many people can miss that. I'm sorry to say but people just don't read anymore.

With Glimpse Running, swipe down on the Top Left
    Click on 'Help'
    Click on 'View More Apps'
    Click on 'download' and install via Preware.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    It would be nice to have the option to have 'SIX' windows. Before anyone says anything, let me state how it is useful for me atleast. I would simply setup 'SIX' widgets which need only small windows, in one card and then open another card, in which I setup 'Three' windows with widgets/apps that require larger windows. Alternately, I would setup the 'SIX' widgets/apps in a 'Glimpse' card and setup 'THREE' widgets/apps in a 'Glimpse - Developer's Cut' card. Basically what I am suggesting is why limit the windows to 'FIVE', when there is room for 'SIX'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I am responsible for the discount. I guess this whole thing was an experiment to see how pricing affects app sales. As a developer, pricing is a tricky thing. Actually, I wrote a blog post about App pricing a couple weeks ago here: Expensive Apps - IngloriousApps's Blog.
    To answer your question: From this 24hr sale, I did sell a lot of copies (not as much as I thought, cos there are people who still think $1 is too expensive ), but I only made 1/5th of the money what I would have made. So, in a way I have no clue what the best strategy is .
    But one thing I've come to accept is, I'd rather sell 100 copies to people who enjoy (and appreciate) my product, than to sell 1,000 copies to people who regret (or complain, or not satisfied)
    So are you also responsible for getting us our refund for those of us that got charged $5 instead of $1
    he is responsible to set the discount price or the price. but he is not responsible for the error if the hp system charge you more or less than its suppose. there is a big problem in the transaction system of hp.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Did anyone get any news about the overcharge? It has been 48 hours and there aren't still anything from HP or anyone. Sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Did anyone get any news about the overcharge? It has been 48 hours and there aren't still anything from HP or anyone. Sucks
    Maybe HP is counting on the fact the most people don't check their credit card bills carefully.
    (or are more likely not to notice a $4.99 charge, as opposed to a $0.99 charge)
    I missed this, but I still bought it for the full $5. Really great app. Was hoping ScoreCenter would work with it the developer cut but it doesn't. Oh well.
    Last edited by aNYthing24; 09/16/2011 at 08:01 PM.
    HTC Sensation, HP TouchPad, iPod touch 4th generation ...
    So- while I am sure the app is great- I did buy it thinking it was .99- so sorry if this has been posted elsewhere- but how do I go about getting my refund as HP seems to be clueless other than they were quick to take the $5. Thanks so much!
    Wow, I can't believe how great the Dev Cut of this app is. I bought the app during the $0.99 sale, thought it was neat, then didn't really use it. But the Dev Cut is a completely different beast. Using External Widgets to have TuneIn and AccuWeather on the small panels then switching between Mosaic, ComicShelf HD, AudiophileHD Pro, and Advanced Browser on the large panel is such a great experience.

It's a shame HP won't let you sell that version. Could you sell Glimpse Dev Cut through the web distribution or does that distribution method enforce the same policies?
    The instructions are right there. I seriously fail to understand how so many people can miss that. I'm sorry to say but people just don't read anymore.
    Excuse me, but I DID read it. The way it was written, I interpreted that we were to download the developer cut BEFORE doing the other stuff.

No reason for you to be a jerk about it.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Maybe HP is counting on the fact the most people don't check their credit card bills carefully.
    (or are more likely not to notice a $4.99 charge, as opposed to a $0.99 charge)
    I get an e-mail receipt each time I pay for an app. In fact, I get an e-mail receipt even when I use a promo code or my $50 credit to show I wasn't charged anything. I keep all those receipts in a folder. I'm not sure if I signed up for these when I set up my app account. I still cross check my CC (because it is the kind of guy I am), but doesn't everyone get e-mail receipts?

I get the e-mail receipts w/in minutes of making the app purchase.
    I get receipts, even for zero cost promo codes from HP or Amazon kindle freebie books, to the email address of record.
    I get receipts too- this one just showed me they charged me full price even though I bought the app clearly stating it would be 80% off. Told me it was charging 99 cents when I hit the purchase button and instead sent me a receipt for $5.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast